Rhymes with Hollins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Collins FA after Lions release. With the loss of Hollins do we take a look?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Some of us mentioned this on the injury thread. I recall one poster last week saying he was misused in Detroit and is better suited to rushed the passer. iirc .

I'm sure Snead is exploring the possibility. The culture on this team may be able to motivate Collins, especially if he thinks he's going to a Superbowl.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not sure Collins is a good fit for the Rams.

Mostly an outside linebacker in 4-3 defenses throughout his career. Not really an Edge-player like the Rams utilize at OLB. Collins averaged just a shade over three sacks-per-season in eight years before this one.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not sure Collins is a good fit for the Rams.

Mostly an outside linebacker in 4-3 defenses throughout his career. Not really an Edge-player like the Rams utilize at OLB. Collins averaged just a shade over three sacks-per-season in eight years before this one.
That's not great.
But my thought is that the Rams could use a physical, veteran, and reliable presence in the edge rotation. It might not be his best position, but I think he compares well to someone like Ebukam, no?
The Rams depth at the spot is not something I'm comfortable with and I would take a flyer on Morris and McVay being able to light a fire under his ass.

dang

Legend
Add Collins, Marlon Mack and Geno Atkins at vet minimums to climb on board the McVay train.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Add Collins, Marlon Mack and Geno Atkins at vet minimums to climb on board the McVay train.
I would put a priority on Mack if we don't have to trade to much. I still worry about RB depth. I would wait on Defenders. We have Obo coming back and I would like to see how Garret does before I would fill roster space with these guys.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

You'd have to trade for MM, and he wants to start or get significant playing time. The RBs in Indy are similar to what is here. DH will come back eventually, so MM would be right back where he started.