Rhaney cut...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Rhaney never had the anchor he'd need to play for our new OL coach. But it's also a good sign meaning they like at least one of the guys they brought in for depth
Seattle front 4 pummeled Rhaney/Barnes.Jeff Fisher sucks!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate to see Rhaney go, and I was/am certainly rooting for the guy... but he never really distinguished himself after all this time. So, thinking there could be an upgrade on the roster is a good sign.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Simply, we just got a little better because the coaches think Blythe and Eldrenkamp are at least a little better at a cheaper price. Pinching some pennies to sign AD without getting in a bind?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's a shame. I really liked Rhaney. But if they believe that others could do the job better, I'm not going to argue. I'm hoping that they try Wichmann at center, though; I'm not sure that I trust Blythe or Eldrenkamp just yet.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
meh....shoulda cut him with Barnes....weeks ago...

where's your blue font?????:cool::shades:
giphy.gif

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think the Rams are going to run a zone blocking scheme.
For the most part.

Kromer does run a lot of inside zone with bigger power run blockers.

But, I'm referring to the Garry Gibbs / Rick Dennison / Shanahan zone scheme that the Broncos and Texans used to run where the OLinemen are typically smaller and more agile.

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Shouldn't have surprised anyone. Rhaney couldn't beat out a guy who was cut the very first day the new HC took over.

What IS surprising is it took this long for him to finally get cut.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/20/rams-alter-offensive-line-again-release-demetrius-rhaney/

Rams alter offensive line again, release Demetrius Rhaney
By
RICH HAMMOND

0616_spo_ldn-l-rams-ota-dc-19.jpg

Photo by David Crane/Southern California News Group

The Rams will release offensive lineman Demetrius Rhaney, a team official said Tuesday, which means the team will have a new backup center this season.

John Sullivan, signed as a free agent, was the clear first-team center during the Rams’ offseason work, and now it seems the battle to back him up will be between Austin Blythe and Jake Eldrenkamp.

Both players joined the Rams during the offseason — Blythe off waivers from Indianapolis, Eldrenkamp as an undrafted free agent out of Washington.

Rhaney, who turns 25 this week, was a seventh-round draft pick by the Rams in 2014. He spent all of that season on injured reserve but appeared in all 32 games in 2015 and 2016, with one start. Rhaney also was a reserve guard.

The Rams haven’t been shy about shaking up their offensive line. They traded former starting left tackle Greg Robinson last week and, when the 2017 season starts, they are likely to have new starters at every position except left guard.

Looks like his last shot was returning punts..Apparently that didn't go well !!!