Rhaney cut...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And does it open up a roster spot to bring back QB Dylan Thompson?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Fine by me. It's evidence that our backup C has been upgraded while improving the cap situation at the same time.

Upgraded starting C and upgraded backups.

Two boxes checked on our OL improvement goal list.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I really liked this guy's athleticism but u know what...In Kromer We Trust...man im fuckin pumped for this season. I cant remember the last time i was this optimistic about our team...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Its a message to me that things with our new center prospects have improved. Rhaney cut does open up about 700K.(y)

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Addition by subtraction. Athletic ability and versatility only get an OL so far in this league on a team that has few quality linemen. They probably saw enough of him on film getting knocked back off the line.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its a message to me that things with our new center prospects have improved. Rhaney cut does open up about 700K.(y)
Really it frees up about $150k since we have to pay his roster replacement. Drop a guy making 690k for a guy making 540k.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

More like $160,000. Even though Rhaney counted in the top 51, another minimum wage player will now move up into the 51.
I'm surprised Rhaney made it this far, more surprised how many thought he would compete for the starting role following the release of Barnes. jmo.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/20/rams-alter-offensive-line-again-release-demetrius-rhaney/

Rams alter offensive line again, release Demetrius Rhaney
By
RICH HAMMOND

0616_spo_ldn-l-rams-ota-dc-19.jpg

Photo by David Crane/Southern California News Group

The Rams will release offensive lineman Demetrius Rhaney, a team official said Tuesday, which means the team will have a new backup center this season.

John Sullivan, signed as a free agent, was the clear first-team center during the Rams’ offseason work, and now it seems the battle to back him up will be between Austin Blythe and Jake Eldrenkamp.

Both players joined the Rams during the offseason — Blythe off waivers from Indianapolis, Eldrenkamp as an undrafted free agent out of Washington.

Rhaney, who turns 25 this week, was a seventh-round draft pick by the Rams in 2014. He spent all of that season on injured reserve but appeared in all 32 games in 2015 and 2016, with one start. Rhaney also was a reserve guard.

The Rams haven’t been shy about shaking up their offensive line. They traded former starting left tackle Greg Robinson last week and, when the 2017 season starts, they are likely to have new starters at every position except left guard.

Ram65

Legend
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/demetrius-rhaney-14661/

Demetrius Rhaney signed a 4 year, $2,265,896 contract with the St. Louis Rams, including a $45,896 signing bonus, $45,896 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $566,474. In 2017, Rhaney will earn a base salary of $690,000, while carrying a cap hit of $701,474 and a dead cap value of $11,474.

Each year the NFL minimum salaries increase by $15,000, up to $465,000 for a rookie in 2017.
https://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2017/

Last year of his contract, $235K savings if roster spot taken by rookie.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
I just hope Beetlejuice can keep it together for a single season. Even if he doesn't, we all know Kromer has a back up plan.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
He wasn't the only one. @LACHAMP46 Is gonna be pissed his boy North got cut.

Following the conclusion of the club’s offseason program last week, the Rams have waived four players: wide receiver Marquez North, linebacker Reggie Northrup, center Demetrius Rhaney, and outside linebacker Teidrick Smith.

Of the four, Rhaney was a seventh-round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, and has appeared in 32 games for the franchise. He was mainly a special teams contributor during the 2016 season, during which he played in all 16 games.

Los Angeles now has three centers on its roster: starter John Sullivan, Austin Blythe, and Jake Eldrenkamp. Sullivan was signed as an unrestricted free agent in April. The Rams claimed Blythe off waivers from the Colts in May. And Endrenkamp was signed as a college free agent following the draft.

The Rams’ roster now stands at 86 players. The team will report to training camp at UC Irvine in late July.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rhaney never had the anchor he'd need to play for our new OL coach. But it's also a good sign meaning they like at least one of the guys they brought in for depth.

this is what a real coaching staff looks like gentlemen!

^ This. :D