RGIIII not so good in opener

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
REDSKINS OFFENSE DOESN’T GET INTO EAGLES’ TERRITORY IN THE FIRST HALF

By Ross Jones, FOXSports.com

Robert Griffin III’s triumphant return is off to a shaky start to say the least. The Redskins offense turned the ball over twice and didn’t even get into Eagles’ territory in the first half. In fact the furthest they got was the Washington 41.

Griffin, who finished the first half 5 of 11 for 53 yards, has played timid and the FedEX Field faithful has noticed. During the first quarter, the second-year quarterback tried to test the Eagles secondary and the pass was intercepted by Brandon Boykin.

At the end of the second quarter Griffin was flagged for intentional grounding after being brought to the ground by Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks. It was an unceremonious first half, but Griffin hasn’t been the only one who has struggled.

Alfred Morris fumbled the ball twice, leading to a safety and a loss of possession. Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan needs to clean things up in a hurry.

could Fisher have lied to us? :cheese: We may yet get the 2nd overall pick :twisted: Skins down 33-7 before Eagle go prevent.
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The Eagles were probably playing the "Try and Prevent the Win Defense" in the second half but RGIII seemed to shake off the rust enough to lead a serious comeback. I wouldn't bet your house on us getting the second pick. :lol:

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
The Eagles were probably playing the "Try and Prevent the Win Defense" in the second half but RGIII seemed to shake off the rust enough to lead a serious comeback. I wouldn't bet your house on us getting the second pick. :lol:
:cheese: hear ya, but Eagles D definitely in prevent mode in 2nd half, with DB's back off receivers. Skins receivers then got a chance to get some catches.
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It's amazing how bad that type of defense is and yet all the teams do it all the time. I keep thinking back to the 85 Bears and remembering how they not only kept doing what got them the lead but ratcheted the "take no prisoners" D up even more.

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
It's amazing how bad that type of defense is and yet all the teams do it all the time. I keep thinking back to the 85 Bears and remembering how they not only kept doing what got them the lead but ratcheted the "take no prisoners" D up even more.
count me in as one who hates the prevent, I dont think the Fearsome Foursome and the 60's D ever used it
train

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
"Lies!!! RG3 is the greatest QB ever and we made a mistake keeping Bradford!" -_-

I miss those idiot posts :( :amped:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
"Lies!!! RG3 is the greatest QB ever and we made a mistake keeping Bradford!" -_-

No you don't.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
The Rammer said:

No you don't.
OK Ok I don't but I miss lighting them up for suggesting such a completely ridiculous post.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:

No you don't.
OK Ok I don't but I miss lighting them up for suggesting such a completely ridiculous post.
Well that's another story. I enjoy a good light up myself. :nau:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:

No you don't.
haha Paper or wrap?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:

No you don't.
haha Paper or wrap?
Steam roller.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:

No you don't.
haha Paper or wrap?
Steam roller.
o_0 not a bad choice my friend