RGIII Trade Complete

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I woulda traded Robinson for RG3 straight up because I'd rather have Bradford. So yeah, great trade. :D

FRO

Legend
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rok Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedmam Bailey
Zac Stacy
Greg Robinson

I think Robinson can take this already good haul and make it a phenominal one. If the Pace/Jones/Ogden comparisons come true, then this will be the greatest haul in the history of hauls.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rok Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedmam Bailey
Zac Stacy
Greg Robinson

I think Robinson can take this already good haul and make it a phenominal one. If the Pace/Jones/Ogden comparisons come true, then this will be the greatest haul in the history of hauls.

I think it's safe to take Rok off that list. Degrades it a bit.

iced

I like like Pead and Quick to be removed, too, at least for now. Just saying... :D

I don't know why but for some reason I think Pead will turn out to be a good player, once he grows up.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I like like Pead and Quick to be removed, too, at least for now. Just saying... :D

Yeah... I almost said that too... Let's wait to see if they make the 52 man roster... No damn reason they can't. They have ALL the tools in the world.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
IIRC, Quick was picked with one of the Rams' original picks, and wasn't part of the trade.

scifiman

I think it's safe to take Rok off that list. Degrades it a bit.
Well it kind of has to stay because he was part of the haul we got even though he did not pan out. 6 out 8 is not bad for 1 guy. And it could be potentially 6 total starters. Well balanced too. 3 offensive, 3 defensive players. A quarter of your starters. I would say this was a very successful trade and grades an A+.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You have to add half of tavon onto that list. I don't think the rams would have traded up if they didn't have the two 1sts last Draft.

jap

Legend
I don't know why but for some reason I think Pead will turn out to be a good player, once he grows up.

One may choose to blame the GM (Snead) or the point man (Fish) for the selection. However, part of the responsibility for a guy making it or not rests with the player too. Isaiah has undeniable skills. The question is: what the hell is going on between his ears!?!

At least he became a solid contributor on special teams last season after not being serious enough about it his rookie campaign. Can he take the next step and become a premier 3rd-down RB?

1. The Texans took an extra two weeks -- and their full 10 minutes on the clock -- to select defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, and the Rams solidified their offensive line with tackle Greg Robinson a pick later.

While Robinson going to St. Louis wasn't a surprise, it's a testament to just how well general manager Les Snead and coach Jeff Fisher have worked the draft in recent years. Yes, much of the credit should go to former Redskins coach Mike Shanahan but, hey, to the victor go the spoils, right?

Anyway, behold:

Sweet baby Jesus.

Look, we were on board with the Redskins trading up for Robert Griffin III two years ago, but clearly that strategy cost some people their jobs. And, honestly, RG3 would've had to play like equal parts Brady, Manning and Brees to make the deal even close to comparable.

Even when the Redskins didn't have a first-round pick, they managed to make draft-related news.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24555478/nfl-draft-1st-round-10-things-to-know

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This would be the same as Jay Gruden telling Fisher he'll give us Griffin if we give him Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Isaiah Pead, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Zac Stacy, and Greg Robinson.

Ummm ... no?