Rgiii Responds To....facebook! (it's Almost Embarrassing Now..)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Robert Griffin III addresses critics
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ngton-redskins-responds-critics-facebook-post
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, who endured one anonymously sourced attack after another late in the season, responded to critics via his verified Facebook page.

Griffin was responding to a post from an unhappy fan, who commented on the high amount of attention that the second-year quarterback receives.

More from ESPN.com
keim_john_m.jpg
Robert Griffin III's open and honests response to a disgruntled fan on his Facebook page apparently won over the commenter, who was concerned about Griffin's motives, writes John Keim. Blog

Griffin tried to explain why he gets some of it, and that he doesn't like all the attention he does get. He began the post by saying he doesn't usually do this because of the opinions that follow any action -- or inaction.

"You think I want it to be national news that I visit a beach? Or shop at Walmart? Or wore red shoes instead if green yesterday? Well I don't," Griffin wrote. "I'm 'striving' for greatness just like my fellow teammates do. The 'attention' that comes with being a QB in the league is what you are referring to. All the press conferences and talking to the media? Mandated by the league to have a press conference every week during the season and during team activities during the off-season."

Griffin then touched on his commercials; he was featured in ads for Subway and adidas. He also filmed a documentary of his recovery from knee surgery.

Many have suggested that Griffin lie low this offseason after he struggled and was a constant story whether it was about his play, his relationship with the coaches or his teammates. It represented quite a turn for a player so beloved as a rookie in leading the Redskins to a 10-6 record and NFC East title. This season, the Redskins were 3-13, and coach Mike Shanahan was fired.

Michael Perez/AP PhotoRobert Griffin III, who struggled throughout his second season in the NFL, addressed his critics with a message posted on Facebook.
But when it comes to commercials, Griffin is contractually obligated and might not have any choice but to shoot more before the 2014 season.

"Oh wait, you must be talking about the Commercials? Right? Oh ok so what was the deal with those in 2012? WE won the division," Griffin wrote. "So in 2013 when WE get knocked down, and finish last it's because of the commercials? If that is your reasoning I have nothing more to say. WE will get back up. That is what matters. I hope I answered your question well enough. And that you keep supporting the team."

Griffin also wrote that he wore a sleeve on his left arm for the same reason that other players do various things -- such as receiver Santana Moss using hand warmers even when it's 70 degrees. It makes Griffin comfortable.

"Not to be different," Griffin wrote. "Been wearing a sleeve and glove for 10 years. You see WE are a team."

jjab360

Legend
Now that I have no reason to root against him anymore, I hope he turns it around and leads a long, fruitful career.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with his comments other than he probably would've been better off just ignoring some random facebook poster.

Now that I have no reason to root against him anymore, I hope he turns it around and leads a long, fruitful career.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with his comments other than he probably would've been better off just ignoring some random facebook poster.

Except for one game next season of cause, at which point I hope he plays like he did at time last season.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have had several things to say about this guys "look at me" attitude and this article does NOTHING to persuade me otherwise. Among the items that would disturb me if I was a skins fan is his constant use of the word "WE" instead of HIM taking the blame for things like any good QB would do;

"Oh wait, you must be talking about the Commercials? Right? Oh ok so what was the deal with those in 2012? WE won the division," Griffin wrote. "So in 2013 when WE get knocked down, and finish last it's because of the commercials? If that is your reasoning I have nothing more to say. WE will get back up.

jjab360

Legend
I have had several things to say about this guys "look at me" attitude and this article does NOTHING to persuade me otherwise. Among the items that would disturb me if I was a skins fan is his constant use of the word "WE" instead of HIM taking the blame for things like any good QB would do;

"Oh wait, you must be talking about the Commercials? Right? Oh ok so what was the deal with those in 2012? WE won the division," Griffin wrote. "So in 2013 when WE get knocked down, and finish last it's because of the commercials? If that is your reasoning I have nothing more to say. WE will get back up.
You say he has a "look at me" attitude and then criticize him for speaking as a team, and not as an individual. That's a contradiction. If he had said "I won the division" and "I will get back up" with no mention of the rest of the team, then I'd be a little bit worried.

It kind of looks like you're looking for reasons to hate him here, tbh.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
True that 2 of those three "we's" were team oriented (a little too early here in the east) but I've had loooong conversations on other boards about his "look at me" attitude...he's docudrama about his ACL rehab, his "Operation patience" t-shirt, his trampolene jumping rehab stunt, etc, etc, etc.

I remember when they asked Luck about Griffins commercials BEFORE their rookie seasons began and Luck said; "I think they're great!" But when asked why he didn't do many of them he said; "I have other things I want to accomplish first, lol, maybe down the road.."

I hold no ill will toward the guy other than he's not my cup of tea. And I will always be thankful he was the skins flavor though.

Alan

Legend
We don't know the real truth about anything. It's not like he acts like Kapernoodle. I'm totally fine with him and wish him well when he isn't playing us. Especially when he's playing the Cowgirls.

I liked all of those WEs BTW.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I don't even care about this cat anymore. We got what we needed from him so we can now discard him.
Sluts that we are.

Name
JP

Unless the Skins make us another trade for our number 2 pick again this year.... :lol::slap:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I guess it's the context in the way he capitalized WE for emphasis for the purpose of deflection using the winning season as devil's advocate of his me first personality.

Dude is what he is, I don't hate him. But I'd make that trade for the extra picks every time.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamEERS

Pastor
lol.. this is sad... i like him as a player... as a person, he's just as immature as lebron james... he needs some better PR.. seriously.. there's no need to explain why you as a person do things... it's just downright embarrassing in the end...

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
He's just an immature attention whore, he doesn't get it yet. Not a super bad guy or anything, just doesn't understand that some of these things he says and does affects his team negatively.
Personally, I hope he NEVER gets it until he's out of the league, one less guy to worry about...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Look at me responding to someone wanting to know why I want everyone to look at me. er... I mean WE.

Seriously though - I don't blame him for being on commercials and all that. Is he really supposed to turn down endorsement deals? Really?

I blame him for being a douchebag. Of course I love him for being a douchebag because I think it led to a lot of his team's problems this year and got us the #2 pick. Thanks RGme.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Pretty much. I also think it's fuckin stupid to worry about if the guy wears one arm sleeve.

He's been hyped as being so "great" before his plane landed in Washington, that any natural issues a young QB has is gonna be magnified.
Look at me responding to someone wanting to know why I want everyone to look at me. er... I mean WE.

Seriously though - I don't blame him for being on commercials and all that. Is he really supposed to turn down endorsement deals? Really?

I blame him for being a douchebag. Of course I love him for being a douchebag because I think it led to a lot of his team's problems this year and got us the #2 pick. Thanks RGme.

It's not even about commercials. It's all the things that add up. You got the hype, the commercials, "operation patience", that stupid special on BSPN about his recovery...did he really need to do that? Adrian Peterson has accomplished a lot more than Robert Griffin III and he didn't make a stupid special showing his recovery.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sam would never do what RGme and Kaeperdick do to bring attention to themselves.

Sam, Wilson, and Luck... That's the young faces the NFL should be promoting.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
It's too bad . . . I hope he gets it together, personally and professionally . . .