RGIII: "I feel like I'm the best quarterback in the league"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's good to have confidence in yourself but c'mon dude. Click link to watch video.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ashington-redskins-feels-best-quarterback-nfl

RG III: Feel like best QB in NFL, now 'have to go out and show that'
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

i

His struggles of the past two seasons haven't shaken the confidence of Robert Griffin III, who says he feels like he's the best quarterback in the NFL. Geoff Burke/USA TODAY Sports

RICHMOND, Va. -- Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III hasn't lost his confidence, even if it means saying something few others would.

Griffin, speaking with WJLA-TV, maintained that he's not only the best quarterback on the team -- he's also the best in the NFL, though even he concedes it's more of a nod to his competitive nature than reality.

"I feel like I'm the best quarterback in the league, and I have to go out and show that," he told the station. "Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they're not a top competitor, they're not trying to be the best that they can be.

"There's guys in this league that have done way more than me. But I still view myself as the best because that's what I work toward every single day."

That led to numerous stories about Griffin's flaws and future in Washington. But the Redskins named him the starter in late January, and the coaches have been pleased with his progress this summer.

Griffin has drawn criticism in the past for certain comments, but he's been a more muted version of himself since the spring. What he won't change is his outlook on himself or his approach.

"I don't feel like I have to come out here and show anybody anything or why I'm better than this guy or better than that guy," Griffin said.

bskrilla

Starter
I think he's wrong, but I can appreciate that attitude. He didn't say he IS the best he said he FEELS like he can BE the best. I would hope that most of my players feel like they can be the best and do all they can to attain that level.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Remember when Geno Smith pretty much did the same thing? What is it with QBs and QBing with their words rather than their play?

Athos

Legend
And I'm the best man in bed, so much so that I have to fight off attractive women with a stick because well... My family jewels can only take so much daily abuse.

They need a break goddammit.! A break!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Ya know, I can only take so many Onion articles per day. Better this one and the Rex Ryan dick punch article, I'm cryin...

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
99% if people my reaction would be "So? Good on him for having confidence in himself" with RGIII it's more "LOL he probably thinks everyone should see him in the same light and worship him as such"

bskrilla

Starter
"I feel like I'm the best quarterback in the league."

Fair. But he does follow that with, "and I have to go out and show that. Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they're not a top competitor, they're not trying to be the best that they can be."

Which I think supports my interpretation, although I may be being overly generous.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That damn little detail... "showing it". If he does, he'll be entertaining to watch. Best of luck to him.