RGIII Benched for Colt McCoy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It wasn't the Walker or Dickerson trade but I can't think of a more lopsided deal outside of those two. Possibly as big as the ED deal because of how high the first rounders were from Washington. If I recall none of the #1 in the ED deal were high picks were they?

This was a fleecing and if there is a single football fan anywhere that thinks the Redskins got even a decent deal they are out of their minds. If the Rams had done this in reverse and given up all that for Griffin the email that I would send Demoff would make him cry LOL.

Just think if they had traded Sam to Cleveland and he never got hurt, and we're then stuck with Griffin and only an extra first for Sam. The Rams would be in some sorry shape.

I will be surprised if we see a deal like the RGIII deal in a long long time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just think if they had traded Sam to Cleveland and he never got hurt, and we're then stuck with Griffin and only an extra first for Sam. The Rams would be in some sorry shape.

I agree, Griffin may have killed the trade market for deals that include that kind of draft capital.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I doubt Fisher would have torn RG3 up his rookie year as much as Shanahan did. He hasn't been the same since.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If you are talking about Little's second DUI there wasn't one.

April 24th 2004 arrested for DWI in Ladue. Despite admitting to police that he was drinking and failing roadside test 3 times he was acquitted of DWI and convicted of speeding.

The Rams were fully aware of what actually happened.

(Edited for crankiness. I just woke up, sorry LesBaker.)

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
April 24th 2004 arrested for DWI in Ladue. Despite admitting to police that he was drinking and failing roadside test 3 times he was acquitted of DWI and convicted of speeding.

The Rams were fully aware of what actually happened.

(Edited for crankiness. I just woke up, sorry LesBaker.)

I thought he passed the tests.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I thought he passed the tests.

I went back and checked to be sure. I remembered that he admitted to drinking, but according to the link I clicked (probably some form of Wiki) he did fail 3 at the road and had red eyes and smelled of achohol. Either way, I thought the way it was handled was pretty classless. Considering he killed someone and was given a second chance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Straight up jrry are you OK with the fact there is a very, very good chance he used a date rape drug once, and possibly twice?

When you say something off the field that you don't know about you need something worse than that to make you say no thanks?

As far as the memorabilia stuff.....please.......there were pictures of Manziel in a hotel room with stacks of cash and memorabilia all over and that got swept under the rug.

You turn a blind eye IMO.

That's not a fact. That's an uneducated opinion.

I need something real to make me say no thanks.

I don't turn a blind eye. I've put a lot of time into researching Winston's off the field issues to the best of my ability.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's not a fact. That's an uneducated opinion.

I need something real to make me say no thanks.

I don't turn a blind eye. I've put a lot of time into researching Winston's off the field issues to the best of my ability.

Uneducated opinion? That's out of line.

I don't think so, I think you turn a blind eye and are too fast to dismiss the accounts based on nothing more than your own feelings.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uneducated opinion? That's out of line.

I don't think so, I think you turn a blind eye and are too fast to dismiss the accounts based on nothing more than your own feelings.

I dismissed the account based on my own feelings? That's 100% untrue. I posted all the evidence, compared it, and said I couldn't say that Winston was guilty or innocent based on the evidence that existed.

I didn't dismiss anything.

But since we're accusing each other of doing things, I think you read the slanted NYT article, made up your mind that Winston was guilty, and have decided to ignore anything that doesn't support that opinion...worst of all, you make up "facts" to support that opinion.

Go ahead and tell us more about your date rape drug theory. How did it happen? Break us down how you believe it happened.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I dismissed the account based on my own feelings? That's 100% untrue. I posted all the evidence, compared it, and said I couldn't say that Winston was guilty or innocent based on the evidence that existed.

I didn't dismiss anything.

But since we're accusing each other of doing things, I think you read the slanted NYT article, made up your mind that Winston was guilty, and have decided to ignore anything that doesn't support that opinion...worst of all, you make up "facts" to support that opinion.

Go ahead and tell us more about your date rape drug theory. How did it happen? Break us down how you believe it happened.

You need to calm the fuck down right now.

Neither of us are going to change our minds. You think he is just "boys being boys" and I think he is a train wreck with two possible date rape episodes on his resume along with at least three other incidents that you are willing to dismiss as more "boys being boys".

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Which is hopefully a good thing in any attempt in trying to trade up for Mariota.

I think it put the theory that a QB is so important that they are worth any price to bed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You need to calm the freak down right now.

Neither of us are going to change our minds. You think he is just "boys being boys" and I think he is a train wreck with two possible date rape episodes on his resume along with at least three other incidents that you are willing to dismiss as more "boys being boys".

No, I don't think that.

It's not about changing our minds. It's about respecting another person's viewpoint. You don't respect mine, I'm not going to respect yours.

But the whole date rape drug theory simply doesn't work with the facts we were given. Especially not your claim that Winston gave her the drug.

I work with facts I'm given. I don't create facts to support a theory. Go back and check her story. She never once claimed back then that Winston drugged her or even gave her a drink. She never once claimed he was even around her when she was drinking at the bar.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No, I don't think that.

It's not about changing our minds. It's about respecting another person's viewpoint. You don't respect mine, I'm not going to respect yours.

But the whole date rape drug theory simply doesn't work with the facts we were given. Especially not your claim that Winston gave her the drug.

I work with facts I'm given. I don't create facts to support a theory. Go back and check her story. She never once claimed back then that Winston drugged her or even gave her a drink. She never once claimed he was even around her when she was drinking at the bar.

Actually when you read about what happened it smacks of date rape drug and so does the account from the other woman who filed a report.

And I never said that he gave her the drug did I? If I did what does that matter. Someone else could have.

Lets drop this OK.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Soo...does Jay Gruden get fired in the offseason, or will they try to get rid of RGIII? That locker room is officially unstable and it seems that hitting the reset button may be the best resolution.
Maybe the Rams can swing another Block-buster deal to help the Redskins rebuild!?!;)

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee. I remember when Kirk Cousins was supposed to be the man to replace RGIII. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gee. I remember when Kirk Cousins was supposed to be the man to replace RGIII. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

The double whammy. They could have got a 2nd or 3rd for him in the offseason but they knew they were in deep shit with rg3. Now they got nothing, no qbs or draft picks.