RGIII Benched for Colt McCoy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree. Robert Griffin is a mess. I would prefer that he started against the Rams. The Skins look tougher with McCoy under center.

Athos

Legend
Selling your soul? I think you are being a bit dramatic.

Don't really give a fuck and not really. I'm not devoted enough to the game to cheer for an immature asshole with all those sexual assault charges swirling around him and him not taking charge of the shit he's actually been proven to have committed. No. Nope. Maybe I'm a cynic, maybe my prior degree path helped in that.....

But I'd have stopped being a Rams fan if we picked up Big Ben too.

It's my value system. Just like I wouldn't root for AP or Ray Rice. Or any other of the weak ass domestic abuse thugs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
RGIII.....where do I start? The guy has talent....He was injured early in the year, has a new system, and a piss poor O-Line....Sound familiar? Jay Gruden is committing coaching suicide....JMO...I liked McCoy in college, but if anybody knows me by now, he doesn't possess the arm strength to get it done in the pros....He'll be fine in great weather, indoors, and against poor secondary's....

As far as Winston...I don't mind any of the top 4 college QB's for this team....But I'd want Winston before any of them....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Except RGIII was pumped up by the media for being a high character, hard-working kid as a prospect.

I've never heard anyone question Winston's film habits or work ethic when it comes to football. Now, his film habits on theft of crab legs need to improve. He clearly didn't see the store clerk lurking at register three for the interception.

There was a little bit leaked about how he didn't want tape of his bad plays show in the video room when the team was watching tape. The scouts do plenty of work to vet someone like this so more than likely they knew exactly what he was despite the manufactured image. I'd bet like many they figured they could chenge/control or whatever.

I'm glad this is happening to Snyder, I loathe that human piece of shit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What are the terms? I'm down for a bet. I'd absolutely hitch my wagon to the kid unless there's something off the field that I don't know about.

Straight up jrry are you OK with the fact there is a very, very good chance he used a date rape drug once, and possibly twice?

When you say something off the field that you don't know about you need something worse than that to make you say no thanks?

As far as the memorabilia stuff.....please.......there were pictures of Manziel in a hotel room with stacks of cash and memorabilia all over and that got swept under the rug.

You turn a blind eye IMO.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree. Robert Griffin is a mess. I would prefer that he started against the Rams. The Skins look tougher with McCoy under center.

Same here.

This is awful news, really wanted the Rams to face RG3, and to see Ogletree or Brockers get a sack or two to put an exclamation point on the trade.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Same here.

This is awful news, really wanted the Rams to face RG3, and to see Ogletree or Brockers get a sack or two to put an exclamation point on the trade.

The exclamation mark already occurred in 2012, when the Rams beat the Redskins. And made Robert Griffin III bitch about getting hit.

Media is equally at fault here. Over hyping him to no end. If he was picked in the late first round (where he should've been) he probably wouldn't receive as much hype. I remember the game when he was a late 1st rounder to the 2nd pick: Oklahoma vs. Baylor. One of Robert Griffin III's passes was tipped and bounced to a wide open WR for like an 80 yard TD. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it made Robert Griffin III a false superstar. Throw in the fact he was a running QB with a fun, rhyming name to say, well expectations were already way high.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don't really give a freak and not really. I'm not devoted enough to the game to cheer for an immature arsehole with all those sexual assault charges swirling around him and him not taking charge of the crap he's actually been proven to have committed. No. Nope. Maybe I'm a cynic, maybe my prior degree path helped in that.....

But I'd have stopped being a Rams fan if we picked up Big Ben too.

It's my value system. Just like I wouldn't root for AP or Ray Rice. Or any other of the weak ass domestic abuse thugs.

Did you root for the Rams when they had Darryl Henley or Lawrence Phillips? How about Leonard Little?

FRO

Legend
Does anyone know if Snyder ordered the RGIII trade or was it all on Shanahan and the GM?
I think I read that Shanahan wanted Tanneyhill. I don't feel like finding the story though. I'm lazy and I may not have read that. Who knows.

Bottom line is you don't trade that much for one guy. It kills the team. This isn't basketball where the team with the superstar wins most of the time. In the nfl if your superstar doesn't have quality players around him, he will look incredibly average. Look at how Bradford was hindered with poor support. Look how our receivers now are hindered with poor support. In the nfl it takes a team.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Did you root for the Rams when they had Darryl Henley or Lawrence Phillips? How about Leonard Little?

I was extremely disappointed in the Rams after the second DUI. I've always thought it was a black eye on the organization. The better question would be, "did we learn from past mistakes?"

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The exclamation mark already occurred in 2012, when the Rams beat the Redskins. And made Robert Griffin III bitch about getting hit.

Media is equally at fault here. Over hyping him to no end. If he was picked in the late first round (where he should've been) he probably wouldn't receive as much hype. I remember the game when he was a late 1st rounder to the 2nd pick: Oklahoma vs. Baylor. One of Robert Griffin III's passes was tipped and bounced to a wide open WR for like an 80 yard TD. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it made Robert Griffin III a false superstar. Throw in the fact he was a running QB with a fun, rhyming name to say, well expectations were already way high.

To a degree, yes, since we beat them. Still, we didn't have all our guys from the trade, they had the one guy from theirs, and now we know what he is.

I did like that he whined like a little bitch though, and loved it after the game when SJ responded with "this isn't the Big 12." That was definitely a sign that RG3 was going to be a primadonna.

Athos

Legend

1. I was 10 during the GSOT's SB run, the first year I pretty much started watching football.
2. I was a UNC BB fan, then Cardinal fan, in order, for most of my childhood. Rams ball was just a passing interest.
3. Didn't really get into football until my older brother went to MU and I started following Mizzou football, particularly when Brad Smith had his run.
4. Didn't fully start following the Rams until the drafting of Bradford.
5. So, none of this applies.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What if we traded a third round pick for RG3? Hahaha!!! Best trade ever

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Gotta love profootmallmock.com :

Rams Prank Call Redskins, Offer Three 1st Round Picks For RGIII, Hang Up Giggling

WASHINGTON – After announcing on Tuesday that the team was benching QB Robert Griffin III in favor of journeyman Colt McCoy, the Washington Redskins received a prank phone call early Wednesday from St. Louis General Manager Les Snead, during which the 43-year old executive reportedly offered to trade Washington the Rams’ next three first round draft selections in exchange for the troubled Griffin, before breaking out into loud guffaws and hanging up the phone, according to sources within the team’s communications office.

“Hi Bruce? Les Snead here with the Rams. Heard you guys are benching RGIII. That sure is a shame,” said the giggle-suppressing Snead to Redskins G.M. Bruce Allen. “Something about him being injury prone, and a bad leader? Holds the ball way too long? Teammates can’t stand him? Gee, what a bummer. Tell you what: We’ll take him off your hands for the low, low price of just…. of just THREE FIRST ROUND DRAFT PACKS AS WELL AS A HIGH SECOND ROUNDER.”

Added Snead, while hanging up the phone: “HAHAHAHAHA.”

Three years ago, the Rams famously traded the 2nd overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft to Washington in exchange for the Redskins first and second round selections that year, as well as first rounders in 2013 and 2014. At the time, Washington was happy to part with such a huge bounty of picks, if it meant the team’s long-standing quest for a franchise QB would finally be over. But with the news of Griffin’s benching Tuesday, sources say that the Redskins search for a premiere signal caller may be back on.

“Was Snead being sarcastic there? I get the feeling he was being sarcastic,” said a confused Allen, while looking at the “call disconnected” graphic on his smartphone. “Well, whatever. I just heard that Brett Hundley of UCLA is declaring for next year’s draft. Someone get me the Raiders on the line and see if they’ll take all our first round picks between now and 2018 in exchange for their top pick next year.”

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Too tired to respond to all of that, but I believe, by all those words that you've accepted my bet. I will give you fair parameters, and I will let you determine the details /metrics of the outcome of the bet, mainly.

You can accept, or not, but I will propose them tomorrow. Best of luck, but the the bet will probably be mutually satisfying for the both of us.
@jrry32 OK, the bet: In three years, I proclaim that Hundley will be a better pro than Winston. You choose the metric, except wins, because we have no control over where they may end up.

The payoff: The loser will have to take the winner to a mutually agreed upon Rams game. We will each be responsible for our own travel, and hotel expenses, if needed. Loser pays for tickets, beverages, and lunch at the game.

If either player is out of the league, before the three years, due to anything other than injury, then the winner won't have to wait 3 years. If a player is out, because of an injury, then the bet is null and void.

Deal?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was extremely disappointed in the Rams after the second DUI. I've always thought it was a black eye on the organization. The better question would be, "did we learn from past mistakes?"

If you are talking about Little's second DUI there wasn't one.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@jrry32 OK, the bet: In three years, I proclaim that Hundley will be a better pro than Winston. You choose the metric, except wins, because we have no control over where they may end up.

The payoff: The loser will have to take the winner to a mutually agreed upon Rams game. We will each be responsible for our own travel, and hotel expenses, if needed. Loser pays for tickets, beverages, and lunch at the game.

If either player is out of the league, before the three years, due to anything other than injury, then the winner won't have to wait 3 years. If a player is out, because of an injury, then the bet is null and void.

Deal?

I'd like to get in on that action.

My feeling is that Winston is going to drop like Manziel did because when he is at the combine getting grilled with questions about the several stupid incidents I don't think he will hold up since he won't have his college PR machine in the room.

A55VA6

Legend
McCoy gives them the best chance to win right now. Wow, we really won that trade, eh?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
McCoy gives them the best chance to win right now. Wow, we really won that trade, eh?

It wasn't the Walker or Dickerson trade but I can't think of a more lopsided deal outside of those two. Possibly as big as the ED deal because of how high the first rounders were from Washington. If I recall none of the #1 in the ED deal were high picks were they?

This was a fleecing and if there is a single football fan anywhere that thinks the Redskins got even a decent deal they are out of their minds. If the Rams had done this in reverse and given up all that for Griffin the email that I would send Demoff would make him cry LOL.