RGIII Benched for Colt McCoy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Dude, there's smoke and on major networks, maybe you missed it, maybe it's bullshit...I don't really care at this point. There isn't one thing about the kid.

Let someone else have him...I don't want him. He's falling, and he's not thriving with the team and talent he has.

Hitch your wagons If you like, me don't like, If he's all you think he is , he's unreachable anyhow. I'd bet you on him, but it would be a 3 year bet to be fair to either one of us. I'm up for it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude, there's smoke and on major networks, maybe you missed it, maybe it's bullcrap...I don't really care at this point. There isn't one thing about the kid.

Let someone else have him...I don't want him. He's falling, and he's not thriving with the team and talent he has.

Hitch your wagons If you like, me don't like, If he's all you think he is , he's unreachable anyhow. I'd bet you on him, but it would be a 3 year bet to be fair to either one of us. I'm up for it.

What are the terms? I'm down for a bet. I'd absolutely hitch my wagon to the kid unless there's something off the field that I don't know about.

And I definitely disagree that he's not thriving. Guy killed it against Boston College. May not show up in the stats but he was on in that game. For all the talk about the talent on that team, the WRs aside from Greene are young and unreliable and the OL, which has a lot of talent, has been majorly underwhelming.

There was no smoke on the point shaving. No major network outside of one(I wouldn't really consider them a major college football network but that's neither here nor there). I am sure of that. Foxsports is the only one to report it and when Clay Travis(the guy who reported it; who is known for having a strong distaste for FSU) was confronted, he admitted it was simply a rumor with nothing substantiating it but thought his readers were entitled to know about it. ESPN did not pick it up. I remember checking to see if they did. TMZ was the only person to really run with it and they're TMZ.

As far as the autographs go, I posted quite a bit of information on why that was all smoke.

Sorry but I don't conform to the belief that where there's smoke, there's fire when it comes to the media. Especially not on the internet.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What are the terms? I'm down for a bet. I'd absolutely hitch my wagon to the kid unless there's something off the field that I don't know about.

And I definitely disagree that he's not thriving. Guy killed it against Boston College. May not show up in the stats but he was on in that game. For all the talk about the talent on that team, the WRs aside from Greene are young and unreliable and the OL, which has a lot of talent, has been majorly underwhelming.

There was no smoke on the point shaving. No major network outside of one(I wouldn't really consider them a major college football network but that's neither here nor there). I am sure of that. Foxsports is the only one to report it and when Clay Travis(the guy who reported it; who is known for having a strong distaste for FSU) was confronted, he admitted it was simply a rumor with nothing substantiating it but thought his readers were entitled to know about it. ESPN did not pick it up. I remember checking to see if they did. TMZ was the only person to really run with it and they're TMZ.

As far as the autographs go, I posted quite a bit of information on why that was all smoke.

Sorry but I don't conform to the belief that where there's smoke, there's fire when it comes to the media. Especially not on the internet.
Lots of smoke, my problem. So, someone, more than someone is repeatably, setting this ignorant kid up, for no reason?

Conspiracy? Convince me.

I felt very similar to J Fball, I think I was right there, so far, he's only been a dark eye to the lowly Browns.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just forget it jrry32, we've discussed this already, and obviously disagree.

For me, a linebacker, no prob, face of your team, for me, big prob, for you not as big a prob.

Tired...signing off.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of smoke, my problem. So, someone, more than someone is repeatably, setting this ignorant kid up, for no reason?

Conspiracy? Convince me.

I felt very similar to J Fball, I think I was right there, so far, he's only been a dark eye to the lowly Browns.

I also felt the same about Manziel...because his play on the field wasn't to the caliber to let it go and he let his off the field problems spill into his on the field play/work ethic/preparation.

Conspiracy? No conspiracy. Incarcerated Bob is known for doing this. He wants to get hits for his site. He fabricated a story to get attention for his site...not the first time he's done it. He's made grandiose and false claims in the past. In fact, he accused Tajh Boyd of having a gambling addiction last year and being in the hole for close to $100,000 for betting on games. But nobody knows about that because Boyd doesn't receive the same type of attention as Winston and the fabricated story was completely ignored.

The autographs were simply people connecting dots after Todd Gurley. No conspiracy.

Both were just false allegations that became news because of who Winston is. Kind of like how Johnny Manziel gets press for things nobody would care about if it were William Hayes. It's not a conspiracy, he's just a popular/polarizing player that is going to get a lot of attention.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I also felt the same about Manziel...because his play on the field wasn't to the caliber to let it go and he let his off the field problems spill into his on the field play/work ethic/preparation.

Conspiracy? No conspiracy. Incarcerated Bob is known for doing this. He wants to get hits for his site. He fabricated a story to get attention for his site...not the first time he's done it. He's made grandiose and false claims in the past. In fact, he accused Tajh Boyd of having a gambling addiction last year and being in the hole for close to $100,000 for betting on games. But nobody knows about that because Boyd doesn't receive the same type of attention as Winston and the fabricated story was completely ignored.

The autographs were simply people connecting dots after Todd Gurley. No conspiracy.

Both were just false allegations that became news because of who Winston is. Kind of like how Johnny Manziel gets press for things nobody would care about if it were William Hayes. It's not a conspiracy, he's just a popular/polarizing player that is going to get a lot of attention.

Too tired to respond to all of that, but I believe, by all those words that you've accepted my bet. I will give you fair parameters, and I will let you determine the details /metrics of the outcome of the bet, mainly.

You can accept, or not, but I will propose them tomorrow. Best of luck, but the the bet will probably be mutually satisfying for the both of us.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think it is foolish to take Winston off your board at this point. The media can make a hero or goat out of anyone they choose, as we all know. JW let his immaturity get the better of him a couple of times (when he was, what...18??) and the media sharks ran with it like they would with any premier player. Does that absolve him? Not at all, but I think you have to look at the trajectory both in maturity and game play. I know Fla. St. has been in a lot of close games this year, but they have always pulled it out with him behind center. He tends to shine in those late moments when the game is on the line. That tells me a lot more about his prospects as an NFL QB than the fact that he shouted an obscenity or 2 in a cafeteria in college.

I hear what you are saying as well DR RAM, I just think we should consider all options at this point, and talent wise, I am not sure we have seen someone with this much potential since Luck. That said, I kinda doubt he will fall to whatever pick we end up with, and I don't see Fisher trading up for any of the QBs in this draft. JW may remind him to much of VY, but his mechanics and pocket awareness are in a different galaxy.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sexual assault. That's the other "immature" thing no one has mentioned. I wonder if maturity trajectory would work as an argument for anyone else. If your potential 1st round pick has to bring a defense attorney to pre draft meeting so that all the charges can be refuted in an organized manner, that's a sign he might not be the wisest choice. And he doesn't need to be successfully prosecuted beyond all reasonable doubt to not be a wise choice for drafting.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I thought this tread was about RGMe...

What happened to him? How did he deteriorate into a shell of himself?

I think one could argue that he is a "system" QB. But, as much as I'm not a fan, he had a lights out rookie year. His ability to throw the ball was exceptional. He looks like a completely different person now.

My best guess, knowing nothing, is that the injuries took a mental toll.

To me, it looks like he doesn't want to play football anymore.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought this tread was about RGMe...

What happened to him? How did he deteriorate into a shell of himself?

I think one could argue that he is a "system" QB. But, as much as I'm not a fan, he had a lights out rookie year. His ability to throw the ball was exceptional. He looks like a completely different person now.

My best guess, knowing nothing, is that the injuries took a mental toll.

To me, it looks like he doesn't want to play football anymore.

i don't think he puts the work in to be a better qb. he can't run anymore and still can't read defenses so he's a sitting duck back there.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
i don't think he puts the work in to be a better qb. he can't run anymore and still can't read defenses so he's a sitting duck back there.

That makes sense. If he doesn't put the work in he's not going to understand offensive concepts. That much we know for sure.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Too tired to respond to all of that, but I believe, by all those words that you've accepted my bet. I will give you fair parameters, and I will let you determine the details /metrics of the outcome of the bet, mainly.

You can accept, or not, but I will propose them tomorrow. Best of luck, but the the bet will probably be mutually satisfying for the both of us.

Big Ben could have been a Ram..........why? Because he raped a girl in a bathroom while he was with the Steelers. Sometimes these things still work out. When Jameis is a pro he can buy all of the Crab legs he wants.

I'll let Fisher flesh it all out on Winstons character and if he ends up a Ram by chance, then I will root for the guy. I didn't want Janoris or Ogletree because of their bad character. They are working out okay. Who knows though.

Athos

Legend
Not selling my soul to root for Winston. I can officially stop watching the NFL and use my time more productively if we do. Just how I feel and nothing will change that.

It's Mariota/Hundley or nothing. Try to find the QB in FA and hit gold and finish out the o-line in the draft.

As for RG-Me. Doesn't surprise me at all. He clearly doesn't seem to care about putting in the necessary work.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just saying the name Colt McCoy makes me laugh. I love seeing RGme getting benched for him. Don't forget that Cleveland (who had Colt McCoy at the time) was trying to trade with us too in order to land RGme. Hahahaha.

Jay G and I used to sit next to each other watching ours sons play HS Football. Although he's not my favorite person, he is a offensive football savant. I'm sure he could coach up RGme and correct his horrible technique... but something tells me that RGme is the opposite of coachable.

Colt McCoy

Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I don't see us trading up to get Winston, so the argument is trivial. And as far as RG3(the subject of this thread) goes it is sad. I don't like the guy, he did have some talent but I just don't see it anymore, but his attitude, mindset, and ego are unappealing. But it is still sad to see a high profile player, "A future star in the making", flame out in such a bad way. With that said I think he goes to the Jets, it all fits. Trainwreck, media circus, bad football at it's best.

Philly5

Rookie
RG3 was a run first QB when he came out and NFL defenses were not prepared. He will never be even a decent pocket passer in the NFL. Watch a game and see how dismal he is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not selling my soul to root for Winston. I can officially stop watching the NFL and use my time more productively if we do. Just how I feel and nothing will change that.

It's Mariota/Hundley or nothing. Try to find the QB in FA and hit gold and finish out the o-line in the draft.

As for RG-Me. Doesn't surprise me at all. He clearly doesn't seem to care about putting in the necessary work.

Selling your soul? I think you are being a bit dramatic.

News flash! People are shaped by their environment and while it can be difficult to undo 20 years of conditioning to turn them around it still can happen. Much of the problem is just lack of education about what is right and what is wrong. Better behavior can be learned.

I worked for 8 years on a second chance type program teaching kids how to go to work and be responsible. Most came to me without their high school diploma and a broken a family growing up. Some of them left the program the same as they came in but most of them left with the best possible outcome. A very few of them ended up worse. The point is that there is no way to tell which way Winston will go, so why the absolutes when judging him? How do you know as much as you suppose to know about who Winston is?

I had my reservations about taking that job and started with a negative outlook toward the kids I had coming in on my first crew, but I gave everyone of them a chance and more times than not I was pleasantly surprised that despite their mistakes and poor judgement they were actually decent people with potential to make something of themselves.

Like I said before I will let judging Winstons character up to Fisher since I don't have the means. If he becomes a Rams I will root for him. Heck, I had to root for Lawrence Phillips among others in the past.

fearsomefour

Legend
RGKnee has all the talent in the world but mentally is not there. NFL Network doing some rare good work for them and showing some plays vs. Tampa where he had multiple....sometimes 4 or 5 receivers open and he would start scrambling. Looks like a guy who can't read Ds, has lost confidence and is afraid of making a mistake. To me he is similar to Kaperdoodle, except, Kaperdoodle is a very hard worker. As an aside....
This season is making me crazy. Watching the Whiners get 5 pics vs the Giants and barely get a win, then to have to get a turnover late to seal a victory vs. RGKnee late....this team is barely beating bad teams because of their terrible offense. They are sitting at 7-4 somehow. I hope they don't make the playoffs.