RG3's Offensive line doesn't like him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
20150826_114243.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We freaked ourselves. We didn't give up too much in comparison, we just made a bad pick.

Nope. Who would you rather have: Brockers or Claiborne? :p

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
RG3 is destined for early retirement with his playing style regardless if his oline likes him or not.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We've freaked the Redskins. We've freaked the Eagles (getting a second round pick in addition to Foles was genius). We've freaked the Cowboys (Claiborne). It's only fair that we freak the Giants next.
We F--ked the Giants years ago. We took Rosey Grier, and Fred Dryer from them!!:ROFLMAO:
But I'm sure you want us to "Get them" again!:D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Since when did liking or not liking your QB have anything to do with an O-lineman doing his job? Oh, I understand the psychological aspect of this but it should be irrelevant. With the Skins this falls on the coaching staff.

Btw Sam Bradford's teammates seemed to like him just fine and still did a lousy job blocking for him.

Gotta disagree with you PT...

First, the staff can't do anything about making the OL accept RG3 or like him. They can play the team card and hammer that stuff home but at some point we're all people and those biases do affect how we do our jobs. I'm not saying they would pull an Olé or anything in an attempt to make him look bad, but there is a difference and RG3 has to be the one to win them over not the staff.

Second, one thing I've learned over many years in leadership positions is there are two general motivators for people in terms of their relationship with a leader: fear and loyalty. Of the two loyalty is by far the strongest, but the best leaders do have a mix of the two where their people don't want to let them down first and foremost but they know that if they do they will be held accountable in a consistent and fair manner.

I don't see any loyalty for RG3 with his OL. Doesn't mean it's not there, but it sure as F doesn't look like it's there from where I'm sitting. And even worse (and admittedly I'm making another assumption here from the outside looking in), there is no fear of letting him down, because the team and whole organization it seems is tired of him and his BS.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
it's hard not to dislike RG3. He's been a pampered little priss since he entered the league, burned almost all his bridges, thrown his team under the bus numerous times to save himself and just generally acts like everyone should be kissing the ground he walks on for being RG3.

All that, and he hasn't even played like a superstar to earn it. Guys like TO and Moss earned the right to be dicks with their play, people took it because their play circumvented their obnoxious everything and even that ran out for them eventually. Why the hell does RG3 think he's going to be beloved when he barely stays on the field and contributes when he is on it and acts like a dick?