RG3's Offensive line doesn't like him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ral-washington-offensive-linemen-dislike-rg3/

Report: Several Washington offensive linemen dislike RG3
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT

As Robert Griffin III morphed from the rookie of the year in 2012 to a huge disappointment in 2013, questions started to be raised about whether his offensive line disliked him. At one point late in the 2013 season, it was observed that Washington’s offensive linemenhardly ever helped Griffin up after sacks, and reports out of the team’s locker room began to indicate that players were tired of Griffin’s refusal to take the blame when things went wrong.

Two years later, Griffin still doesn’t seem to be winning any friends in the locker room.

At today’s press conference, Griffin was asked about problems with the team’s pass protection. Although Griffin said he wouldn’t point fingers at his offensive linemen, he also didn’t put the blame on himself, even though many observers have pointed to Griffin’s lack of pocket awareness as a bigger problem than Washington’s offensive line.

According to Jason Reid of ESPN, Griffin sidestepping his own responsibility for making the line look worse than it played is exactly the kind of thing that causes him problems in the locker room. Reid wrote on Twitter after Griffin’s press conference that coaches say “several” offensive linemen dislike Griffin.

There seem to be two problems facing Griffin. The more important one is that he simply hasn’t played very well since suffering a severe knee injury at the end of his rookie season. But another problem is that he hasn’t shown that he has the leadership qualities that a quarterback needs. And until he starts playing better, it’s hard to see how he’ll be able to rally his teammates around him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
A QB whose line hates him is destined for a lot of pain.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
mCJ1vhQ.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
We've fucked the Redskins. We've fucked the Eagles (getting a second round pick in addition to Foles was genius). We've fucked the Cowboys (Claiborne). It's only fair that we fuck the Giants next.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We've freaked the Redskins. We've freaked the Eagles (getting a second round pick in addition to Foles was genius). We've freaked the Cowboys (Claiborne). It's only fair that we freak the Giants next.
Hold off on the Eagles. If Sam makes them a deep playoff threat then they freaked us

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hold off on the Eagles. If Sam makes them a deep playoff threat then they freaked us

entirely possible too if bradford stays healthy. Look how far Sanchez got them with that god awful defense

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
entirely possible too if bradford stays healthy. Look how far Sanchez got them with that god awful defense
Exactly. This wide open offense seems perfect for Sam

Moostache

Rookie
Bradford in Kelly's offense is a recipe or IR return...just get to the minimum number of snapsz for Rams to get best draft pick and all is well...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Since when did liking or not liking your QB have anything to do with an O-lineman doing his job? Oh, I understand the psychological aspect of this but it should be irrelevant. With the Skins this falls on the coaching staff.

Btw Sam Bradford's teammates seemed to like him just fine and still did a lousy job blocking for him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Since when did liking or not liking your QB have anything to do with an O-lineman doing his job?
Exactly....and when Scherff was blown back into RGIII, I doubt it was because he isn't well liked...Hell, he just got there...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Since when did liking or not liking your QB have anything to do with an O-lineman doing his job? Oh, I understand the psychological aspect of this but it should be irrelevant. With the Skins this falls on the coaching staff.

Btw Sam Bradford's teammates seemed to like him just fine and still did a lousy job blocking for him.
It's a silly article, and it deserves a bit of silliness in response. RGME is always a fun target, whether his own lineman let the opponent see the target, or not, well.... Not that I believe the article, but if you like a teammate, you will play harder for him, consciously, or unconsciously. Psychology counts, but being a professional should count more, and will get you paid more.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I see a few "whiff" blocks coming for RG knee

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I don't get this guy's interviews or answers. Whats wrong with "I have so much respect for my offensive linemen. They're working so hard and I trust them. We're a team but I've gotta do a better job getting the ball out on time and sliding up into the pocket they're giving me".? Isn't that what most real pro QB's would say in a situation like that?