RG3′S mechanics a cause for concern

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/14/rg3s-mechanics-a-cause-for-concern/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r-concern/</a>
RG3′S mechanics a cause for concern
When Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III stepped on the field for the first time since blowing out his knee in January, he looked like a guy whose recovery is still a work in progress, rather than a player who is all the way back.

That’s the word from former NFL quarterback Ron Jaworski, who said on ESPN’s NFL Matchup that Griffin isn’t throwing the ball well because he’s still favoring his injured knee.

“His mechanics are flawed right now because of the injury,” Jaworski said.

As Jaworski showed a Griffin interception, he talked about how Griffin’s footwork was all wrong.

“He never gets his weight on the back foot. As this ball comes out, it’s going to lack energy,” Jaworski said. “His front foot, which is where your weight should transfer to, actually pulls back. So you’re losing the body momentum, the ability to drive the ball with the hip snap, to get the ball to the outside.”

Jaworski said that Griffin will pass the ball better when his knee starts to feel better, but right now it’s a major issue.

“He had a very serious injury,” Jaworski said. “He is protecting that right leg. I get it, I understand it. But you’ve got to be able to make these throws. And I’m sure in three or four weeks, he will be making these throws. But right now, his mechanics, in throwing the football, those deep throws down the field where mechanics are critical, he is struggling.”

According to ESPN, Griffin had 11 off-target passes against the Eagles, more than he had in any game in his rookie season. Griffin may have been medically cleared to play, but he still needs time to shake off the rust.
Hmmmmm.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And... the Redskins head into Green Bay this week!

Love it!

Sorry Shanahan. Its about to get real warm in DC. Douche.

V3

Hall of Fame
Hopefully it takes 15 more games to shake the rust.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If his knee isn't full strength, he shouldn't be playing at all. He could re-injure it and get really messed up. As much as that might help our draft pick this year, I really hope that doesn't happen to him as a person.

FRO

Legend
HE WITH HORNS said:
If his knee isn't full strength, he shouldn't be playing at all. He could re-injure it and get really messed up. As much as that might help our draft pick this year, I really hope that doesn't happen to him as a person.
Yeah a third knee injury to that same knee may ruin his career. I'm fine if he is great after this season, but I just hope he sucks all year. Hoping for a top 10 pick out of the skins.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I fucking LOVE his shitty mechanics.

Here's to hoping they continue :cheers:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:

Love it!

And it's raining there, a slick field on a not quite ready knee, it doesn't necessarily spell disaster , but you wouldn't need to buy a vowel in order to guess how that could end.

If I was Shanahan , I'd be very worried.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:

Love it!

And it's raining there, a slick field on a not quite ready knee, it doesn't necessarily spell disaster , but you wouldn't need to buy a vowel in order to guess how that could end.

:sly: This story gets juicy by the minute!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
Thordaddy said:
CGI_Ram said:

Love it!

:sly: This story gets juicy by the minute!

Nice

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
First half of the Green Bay game;

RGKnee: 6 of 13 for 107 yards and INT, 2 carries 1 yard.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
CGI_Ram said:
First half of the Green Bay game;

RGKnee: 6 of 13 for 107 yards and INT, 2 carries 1 yard.
Maybe he should have taken a month off to make sure his knee is completely healed