RG3 would accept backup role?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If benched would he accept his role as the backup?

• Yes, he's a team player.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No.

Votes: 39 90.7%

• Total voters

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I know this isn't exactly Rams related, but I wanted get some thoughts on this. I just read an article on NFL.com stating the the Redskins organization believes that "if" he were to be benched over Cousins, RG3 would accept his role as a backup. After reading a few articles and hearing this and that on various sports radio networks about RG3 and his ego or his twitter comments, I do not believe that he would accept his role at all. I could see him making comments to the media about the organization as well as comments on twitter about his own team not believing in him ultimately ending in a trade. To where, for what? I do not know. Let me know what you think.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...dskins-believe-rgiii-would-accept-backup-role

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I prefer my backup QB to be healthy at all times. Just in case....well, you know.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, obviously he has no say in the matter, but I get what you're asking. Will he be a douche about it, or play the PC game and be a team player? I think he'd probably be pretty coy about it, but he'd get his shots in somehow. Either in a radio interview or to a reporter, he'll say something.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
RGme would be a huge pain in everyone's ass if that occurred. I hope it happens, simply so the last bunch of sportswriters will quit pretending to be on the fence about who got the better of the trade.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
More Cousin gets exposed easier it will be for him to get his job back.
No at this point he won't want to be a backup, but it's not up to him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
NO WAY but I don't think he'll have to, Cousins will come back to earth.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just threw his third pick of the game, so.....

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Cousins is going full Romo here. I wouldnt really want RGIII to back up Sam B. Rather draft a guy to do it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah Philly is like 30th against the pass, Austin Davis or Hill could have career days against them

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
In semi-related news/trivia: Former Rams TE Daniel Fells now has 10 career TD's.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Philly is like 30th against the pass, Austin Davis or Hill could have career days against them
Philly seems to suck in the 1st half so far this year. We need to jump out to a big lead like last week and hold onto it, unlike last week.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He might have under different circumstances. But the way he's been treated in Washington, like he's some sort of God, there is no way he would accept it. He would pout until he's cut or traded.