RG3 trade, another viewpoint

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If you were running the Dolphins who would you rather have...

• I'd rather have RG3

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I'd rather have Tannehill only with an additional first rounder

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I'd rather have Tannehill straight up.

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
What if you were running the Dolphins?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Tannehill. Can't help the team if you can't stay healthy. RG3 has more talent, but he is having injury issues and his play style won't help. Over the long run you will get more from the pocket passer, even if he isn't as talented.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
V3 said:
:???: :idk:

I don't get this poll. Sorry.

Sorry. I'll explain.

Look at it from the Dolphins persecutive. Assume you are the GM of the Dolphins and you don't have Tannehill. You are given 3 options.

Option 1 - You take RG3

Option 2 - You take Tannehill but only if you can get a first round pick thrown in the deal, otherwise you take RG3

Option 3 - You take Tannehill

V3

Hall of Fame
max said:
V3 said:

Sorry. I'll explain.

Look at it from the Dolphins persecutive. Assume you are the GM of the Dolphins and you don't have Tannehill. You are given 3 options.

Option 1 - You take RG3

Option 2 - You take Tannehill but only if you can get a first round pick thrown in the deal, otherwise you take RG3

Are you assuming the Dolphins had the 2nd pick that year? They'd have to trade up with us which would change your options.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
V3 said:
max said:
V3 said:

Sorry. I'll explain.

Option 1 - You take RG3

Are you assuming the Dolphins had the 2nd pick that year? They'd have to trade up with us which would change your options.

I am trying to keep this simple. I am looking at things right now, not last year. You know more about RG3 and Tannehill now.

So just assume you get an end of the first round bonus pick if you take Tannehill over RG3.

I went with Tannehill + the first rounder, hated Tannehill coming out of college but he's shown enough for me to believe that you can build a challenger around him. Not sure how long RGIII will last, and how good he is as a pocket passer, he had excellent passing stats last season but how much of that was due to receivers being wide open due to the read option.

That said I'd go for option D, Russell Wilson + 2 1st rounders + a 2nd rounder (compared to RGIII).

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Rams and Gators said:
I went with Tannehill + the first rounder, hated Tannehill coming out of college but he's shown enough for me to believe that you can build a challenger around him. Not sure how long RGIII will last, and how good he is as a pocket passer, he had excellent passing stats last season but how much of that was due to receivers being wide open due to the read option.

That said I'd go for option D, Russell Wilson + 2 1st rounders + a 2nd rounder (compared to RGIII).

I was going to add that option but didn't want to confuse things too much.

But I will add that I'm still not sold on Wilson as being any better than Tannehill. He has a great team around him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I picked the 2nd one because I think the Dolphins could have gotten that deal easily.

But, I'd also take Tannehill straight up at this point. Things could change (and probably will), but RG3 looks like just a matter of time before he goes down again (ala Danario Alexander). Tick. Tick. Tick.

Graphicker

Starter
Read heard in first take that Mike Shanny didn't want RG3. He wanted to hold on for Tanne. It was Danny "Cash" Snyder that gave up the kings ransom.... The only QB really Mike Shanny wanted and Mike Holmgreen as well, Was our own Mr. Sam Bradford.

Man I really hope Sam goes ape shit on the NFL. My health needs this. My mental, Spiritual and Physical health :lmao: :lmao:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Graphicker said:
Read heard in first take that Mike Shanny didn't want RG3. He wanted to hold on for Tanne. It was Danny "Cash" Snyder that gave up the kings ransom.... The only QB really Mike Shanny wanted and Mike Holmgreen as well, Was our own Mr. Sam Bradford.

Man I really hope Sam goes ape shyte on the NFL. My health needs this. My mental, Spiritual and Physical health :lmao: :lmao:

Well, it doesn't appear that Shanny and RG3 are too fond of each other, so I can believe that Shanny didn't push for the deal.