RG3 complains of 'dirty extracurriculars' vs. Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
RG3 complains of 'dirty extracurriculars' vs. Rams
By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Sept. 19, 2012 at 04:13 p.m

NFL defenses are learning about the innate talents of Robert Griffin III, and Robert Griffin III is learning about the innate nastiness of NFL defenses.

The Washington Redskins rookie quarterback knew they were coming for him, but RG3 was surprised by what he called "dirty extracurriculars" after the whistle in Sunday's loss to the St. Louis Rams.

Griffin told the team's official site he expected pressure, but not "unprofessional" cheap shots. "It was weird," he said. "... People want to hit me because they don't think I can take a hit."

Griffin was only sacked once in the loss, but Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar was seen pushing RG3's head down following a first-quarter pass attempt.

Dunbar's name might ring a bell. He was embroiled in the New Orleans Saints' "bounty" scandal before following suspended defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to the Rams in the offseason. Blake Williams, Gregg's son, has been integral in building the Rams' defensive game plan during his father's absence, but that's just background. This comes down to what the officials saw.

Players around the NFL are complaining about defenses testing boundaries with the replacement referees. The New York Giants recently spoke of out-of-bounds physical play seeping into games, and now they aren't alone.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... line_stack

-----------------------------

Yep, RG3 crying again. Starting to really dislike this guy. Sounds like a Tom Brady in the making.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Somebody call the Wahmbulance, RGIII needs a ride to buy some new skirts. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
bluecoconuts said:
Players around the NFL are complaining about defenses testing boundaries with the replacement referees. The New York Giants recently spoke of out-of-bounds physical play seeping into games, and now they aren't alone
If the NFL gave a Damn about player safety then they'd pay the permanent refs what they want. Some people are going to get serious injured before this replacement-refs charade is over. It's a damn shame.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
The Rams D reminds me off the Titans and Saints D of years past I wonder why....it's the stache and the speech

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Tell that bitch to shut his mouth. I can't stand him now either, used to actually find it hard to dislike the guy. You aren't the second coming of Jesus Christ bitch. This is the NFL and there's plenty of talk that happens. Especially when you showboat every first down you get. If you wanna shut someone up then do it on the field.

There's no pussies on the Rams defense plain and simple. People better just stop expecting some patty cake when they meet the Rams and come expecting to play or get put on their ass.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Except for MontanaRamFan. I love him too.

The rest of you though...

pure hate.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Username said:
Tell that bitch to shut his mouth. I can't stand him now either, used to actually find it hard to dislike the guy. You aren't the second coming of Jesus Christ bitch. This is the NFL and there's plenty of talk that happens. Especially when you showboat every first down you get. If you wanna shut someone up then do it on the field.

There's no pussies on the Rams defense plain and simple. People better just stop expecting some patty cake when they meet the Rams and come expecting to play or get put on their ass.

+1

I love the contrast between RG3 and Finnegan's comments today.

On one side you have RG3 bitching about "dirty extracurriculars". I didnt see anything out of the ordinary done to him. When you face a running QB you have to be physical with him. The more uncomfortable he is, the more effective the D is.

On the other side you have Finnegan telling the PD he likes the replacement refs saying:

"They let you play football out there, and that’s one of those things you enjoy". “I admire the old-school players,” “The [Jack] Tatums, you know, the Mean Joe Greenes. Those guys played football. . . . That was football. It’s been watered down since, with the commissioner and the rules.”

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Username said:
Except for MontanaRamFan. I love him too.

The rest of you though...

pure hate.

I can go on! Thank you Username... I am going to name my first child after you. :what: Oh wait, my first grandchild! :tooth:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
This is just him trying to get it out there so the NFL can pay closer attention to the shots hes taking, and its his 2nd nfl game. That play involving Dunbar is the one where I can understand him being frustrated, but that was a "welcome to the NFL, rook" type of moment, and I love how the article can connect Dunbar, Blake Williams, and the bounty programs, and have that relevant to this story, and then say its just background.

Speeps

Starter
RGIII probably heard rumors about how soft the Rams are. He came into the dome, and realized everyone lied. Now he's complaining. Sad. I thought he was better than this.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I know I posted this in another thread ,,, but it wasn't a Bobbie III thread, so ...

After one play were Bobbie took off like a "runner" down the field,,, at no point did he try and "slide" , he was a runner. I think he went out of bounds or went down right near the sideline... but then he jumped up and literally screamed (like a schoolgirl) to the refs something like - "He was leading with his helmet!".

The sideline mics picked it up clearly on the TV. The bearded color guy in the booth calling the game (who I now don't mind so much) heard him :wahhh: and totally called Bobbie out on it.

Hope everyone else heard that bitch crying too. My oldest and I had a very good laugh when we heard it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He's probably just mad he can't hurdle his way to Subway now.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Selassie I said:
The bearded color guy in the booth calling the game (who I now don't mind so much) heard him :wahhh: and totally called Bobbie out on it.

Yeah I heard it too. Tim Ryan, who was the guy doing color for the game Sunday, said once you leave the pocket you become a runner and the defense is going to tackle you like a runner.

Funny how "Robbie" now speaks out about "cheap" stuff going on during the game, and only after all the media talked about it on Monday.

This is the NFL son, time to strap on your "Big Boy Pants."

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I have no respect for a player that cries about how physical the game is. This is the NFL, plan for a defense to come at you like they want to kill you. If you can't take a hit then be a kicker or otherwise bag groceries at Walmart.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's nothing wrong with a nasty defense. Dirty implies cheaters though, and the Rams aren't cheaters. They're not doing anything that anybody else doesn't do on Sunday. It sounds like RG3 expected all the defenses to be soft like the Saints and is crying about it.

He's really gone down in my eyes from his comments. There's nothing more annoying than a little bitch after a loss, and that's what RG3 is acting like. Crying about it like a baby. Man up, because if he thinks the Rams defense is mean and scary he's seen nothing yet.