RG-Whine Throws Team Under Bus

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/17/2295929/

Former Washington RB Brian Mitchell goes off on old team
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 17, 2014

bmitch_113098ap.jpg
AP

Brian Mitchell is mad as hell, and he’s not going to take it any more.

The former Washington running back, who now works as an analyst for CSN Washington, went in on his old team last night with a classic rant that sets him up as a modern Howard Beale and expresses the frustration of those who are forced to watch the 3-7 travesty.”

The entire commentary is worth three minutes of your time, as Mitchell gets on a bit of a roll.

“This team has sucked over the last few years,” Mitchell said at one point. “And as a former player I’m embarrassed to watch this junk over and over again. . . .

“Too many times we sit there and we kiss this team’s ass because we see a burgundy and gold person wearing it. What you got to start doing is make the team understand you mean business.”

Mitchell took careful aim at some of the players who were complaining about media coverage lately, and though he didn’t name names, it’s not hard to see what he’s getting at.

Mitchell has had his calls for change come true earlier this year, he was the one who started the bench Kirk Cousins for Colt McCoy train rolling.

If he could preach Washington out of its current malaise and into meaningful football again, he’d have more fans than ever in D.C.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/17/2295929/

Former Washington RB Brian Mitchell goes off on old team
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 17, 2014

bmitch_113098ap.jpg
AP

Brian Mitchell is mad as hell, and he’s not going to take it any more.

The former Washington running back, who now works as an analyst for CSN Washington, went in on his old team last night with a classic rant that sets him up as a modern Howard Beale and expresses the frustration of those who are forced to watch the 3-7 travesty.”

The entire commentary is worth three minutes of your time, as Mitchell gets on a bit of a roll.

“This team has sucked over the last few years,” Mitchell said at one point. “And as a former player I’m embarrassed to watch this junk over and over again. . . .

“Too many times we sit there and we kiss this team’s ass because we see a burgundy and gold person wearing it. What you got to start doing is make the team understand you mean business.”

Mitchell took careful aim at some of the players who were complaining about media coverage lately, and though he didn’t name names, it’s not hard to see what he’s getting at.

Mitchell has had his calls for change come true earlier this year, he was the one who started the bench Kirk Cousins for Colt McCoy train rolling.

If he could preach Washington out of its current malaise and into meaningful football again, he’d have more fans than ever in D.C.

El. Oh. El.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I saw that and was going to post about it. You beat me to it. Whereas most QBs - especially young QBs that haven't done anything to have status in the Pros - they will avoid anything that smacks of pointing blame at other players, RGme doesn't have that kind of class and understanding. Look for a few whif blocks coming his way.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He's like the QB in Any Given Sunday, prior to winning the team over... when the OL stops blocking for him. :D

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Maturity between Austin Davis and RG III is pretty astounding. I'm glad we don't have guys like RGme at the qb position

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I saw that last night.
I agree with him, quarterbacks are overemphasized over other positions.

But sir Robert Griffon the third has most definitely benefited from that same spotlight he's trying to direct elsewhere.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Honestly, I find it hard to fault the player at all.
I find it hard to believe that he grew up that way. Military parents, went to school at Baylor (not a 'premier' program) worked hard in a couple of sports.
It's the old Dan Snyder touch.
All reports were that Snyder did all he could do pander to the kid and make him feel at home in DC. At the expense of Shanahan.

I still think that the tape from his rookie season has gold on it. The kid threw some amazing passes and has/had great athletic ability.
Now he's a shell of himself. He tried to rush back from that knee injury, and whether that was a selfish move or team oriented is not for me to say, took a lot of lumps his Sophomore year both by opposing defenses and the press, and now faces more scrutiny than maybe any other player in the game.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I saw that and was going to post about it. You beat me to it. Whereas most QBs - especially young QBs that haven't done anything to have status in the Pros - they will avoid anything that smacks of pointing blame at other players, RGme doesn't have that kind of class and understanding. Look for a few whif blocks coming his way.
I can't wait to play Washington.
We always put that whiny baby on his ass about 6-7 times.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Indy dodged another bullet.
First, Manning over Leaf.
Now, Luck over RGme

Speeps

Starter
I don't see anything wrong with what he said...
He was 100% correct in what he said. However, as a QB, as a leader, you never say it, no matter how correct you are. You shoulder the blame, ESPECIALLY when your play was some of the most pathetic quarterbacking this season. On top of that, rgme has not earned the right to critique anyone. He has not accomplished anything in this sport. Yet, guys like Manning, Rodgers, and Brady, who have accomplished a lot more, rarely, if EVER calls out one of their teammates. rgme is as terrible a leader as he is a QB. Everyone wants to blame youth. That's BS. Look at Luck, look at Wilson, look at Bradford. They have never called their teammates out and they are the same age (or younger) than Robert Griffin III.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Honestly, I find it hard to fault the player at all.
I find it hard to believe that he grew up that way. Military parents, went to school at Baylor (not a 'premier' program) worked hard in a couple of sports.
It's the old Dan Snyder touch.
All reports were that Snyder did all he could do pander to the kid and make him feel at home in DC. At the expense of Shanahan.

I still think that the tape from his rookie season has gold on it. The kid threw some amazing passes and has/had great athletic ability.
Now he's a shell of himself. He tried to rush back from that knee injury, and whether that was a selfish move or team oriented is not for me to say, took a lot of lumps his Sophomore year both by opposing defenses and the press, and now faces more scrutiny than maybe any other player in the game.

One of the longest, fastest falls from grace I can remember in a long time....When he strokes his own ego twice in one paragraph, it's telling..."I have to play better...Of course I would play better if I got any help from my worthless POS line, receivers and running backs...Not even the best ever (read: ME) can do it alone...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Austin Davis has more character in his little finger than RG3 has in his whole body.

Davis always went out of his way to accept responsibility when things went sideways.

My point is that being a QB is one thing, but being a leader and a man is quite another. This is not about which is the better player, btw.

Whom would you prefer in that foxhole with you when the bullets are flying?

Easy call for me...