RG out in Washington ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct. After Leaf refused to play in Indy, the Chargers got a crack at him. The Colts went with that other guy, , , Peyton Manning instead.

If Leaf had performed to expectations, Michael Vick might never have found his way to Atlanta. Drew Brees never would have flourished in San Diego, perhaps diminishing his chances of landing a long-term deal in New Orleans. The New York Giants might have been unable to swing a draft-day trade with San Diego -- or anyone else -- for franchise quarterback Eli Manning. Philip Rivers certainly wouldn't be lining up under center in San Diego.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?id=3335873
San Diego traded with Arizona to move from 3 to 2
http://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Years/1998.htm
Traded 1998 first round pick (#2-Ryan Leaf) to Chargers for Eric Metcalf, Patrick Sapp, 1998 first round pick (#3-Andre Wadsworth), 1998 second round pick (#33-Corey Chavous), 1999 first round pick (#8-David Boston) on 1998-03-12

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
meredith-rg3-111.jpg

So, he finally whipped it out?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think the Herschel Walker trade gets top honors for biggest fleece, but RGIII is right up there. One of those picks was Emmitt Smith. who history will tell you beats the h3ll out of Walker. With so many picks, you don't have to choose between Jimmy Smith and Darren Woodson, you just take them both. Critical to the question of "biggest fleece", the Cowboys won 3 three Super Bowls within a few years (5? 6?) after the Walker trade. That's not to say that the Walker trade was the ONLY reason the Cowboys went on to have such a historic run, but it certainly was a major contributor.

Now if only the Rams could do the same with their bounty...
I see the two as a toss up for now ,and FWIW I think Walker may have rendered better value to the Vike's than RG,one good season and then a poison for RG, at least Walker didn't destroy, and it's still too early to judge our bounty.
The other trades mentioned here deserve consideration as well

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Walker was at least productive in Minn and had a long career.

I think a lot of us forget; Walker actually flamed out in Minnesota.

He played in just 42 games and never surpassed 825 yds/season in his 2.75 seasons there.

His best season, post Dallas, was 1,070 yds with Philadelphia.

RamseyF

Rookie
Name
Ramsey
RG3 is the biggest piece of trash I've ever seen. I'd even rather have Tebow. If I were Washington, I'd cut him immediately.

no, booo. He has Snyder as his biggest fan, do do he will be Redski QB, probsbnly starter

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of us forget; Walker actually flamed out in Minnesota.

He played in just 42 games and never surpassed 825 yds/season in his 2.75 seasons there.

His best season, post Dallas, was 1,070 yds with Philadelphia.
IIRC, Walker returned a punt for a TD in his first game as a Viking, then proceeded to do squat. Of course I also seem to recall them not using him correctly.

For me, I'm sticking with San Diego as the worst. 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for Ryan Leaf.
Ryan
Freaking
Leaf

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
IIRC, Walker returned a punt for a TD in his first game as a Viking, then proceeded to do squat. Of course I also seem to recall them not using him correctly.

For me, I'm sticking with San Diego as the worst. 2 1st rounders and a 2nd for Ryan Leaf.
Ryan
Freaking
Leaf
18btg6k5tbddajpg.jpg

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Dad had a stock brokerage in the San Diego area when Leaf was drafted. Leaf's freaking Aunt worked there, so he brought his business there. After a year she told him to go elsewhere, he was such an arschloch. By then everybody knew he was a bust and would end up penniless anyway.

Speedr@m

Rookie
I could see Washington picking Mariota at 5. But do you really think they would dump Griffin? I think it would be smart of them to grab a QB to back up RG3 since he has a lengthy injury history

Mariota is RG3... they are carbon copies. Same strengths and weakness and upside vs downside. I think Washington is simply trying to add picks and get people to trade up for Mariota

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Redskins have a lot of needs... If they take Mariota, they don't really solve any problems as much as they create them. There would be QB controversy no matter who was playing.

They'd have to trade Griffin ahead of making the selection or make him part of the trade.

Which if I was them I'd do in a heartbeat.