RG III benched!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Interesting perspective in this thread at ExtremeSkins:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/375028-poll-do-you-agree-with-shutting-down-rg3/

Also, according to them; RGme is not traveling with the team. I find that... weird? Sam would never stay back at Rams park.

nice find. I think a lot of the guys are spot on:

"I voted no because of the reason he is being benched. Shanahan is trying to make Snyder fire him so he can walk away with $7 million. If he was concerned about RG3's health/injury etc then why play him against the Chiefs on a snow covered Fed ex. Do people really believe Shanahan is doing it with the best interests of the Franchise in mind?"

"Absolutely not, it's completely ****ing asinine if you ask me.
If he's healthy enough to play he should be out there."

"You dont bench a healthy starter to "protect" him at any level of tackle football.
If Shanahan had just sacked up and said he was benching RG3 for performance reasons, Id respect the decision a lot more."

If RGknee isn't completely healed, Shanny should just say so, or say he is being benched because he is still not back mentally/physically and it has affected his play so gonna shut him down and get him back to where he needs to be.

ram29jackson

Rookie
not big news...he was injured and still young and learning and recovering. Too much was thrown at him by another perfectionist control freak coach who doesn't know how to read players and situations other than what he says goes.

RG should have been on the sidelines and then maybe brought in half way through the season for what ever reason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Agreed, now the Skins actually have a chance to win this week :frown:

However... Cousins won't be playing defense.

I worry, however, a move like this could give an emotional boost if nothing else.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
However... Cousins won't be playing defense.

I worry, however, a move like this could give an emotional boost if nothing else.

Very true. The team might rally behind him, sensing he isnt a cry baby or Snyders baby.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so will griffin be known as rg3-10 now?

lasvegasrams

Rookie
this is a move to advertise cousins as a qb to teams looking for one and trading for a first round pick they dont currently have

TexasRam

Legend
This is a way Shannahan can try to save face. Ironically, it's a little late.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

A55VA6

Legend
Shanahan said if Cousins or Rex gets hurt, they sign another QB so they don't have to go back to Griffin.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO the whole team rallyes around Cousins and the coach and give lil Danny the bird,I'd bet the team wanted this for whatever reason just do it.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
bob g.jpg

Just Sayin'