RFIP's rapid reaction

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Here's the QB pressures and run support by Westbrooks:
-Last play of Q3 (at DE): shoves the OT back into the backfield that blows up a sweep that ends in 2-yd loss
-Q4 10:20 (at DT): split the C/G and forces early pass, knocks QB down (failed 3rd down for NO)
-Q4 5:00 (at DT): makes the tackle on a run away from his side
-Q4 2:50 (at DT): stunts around outside, forces QB to step up and dump off pass (failed 3rd down for NO)

I think Sam had a better night, but Westbrooks did some little things that helped the defense get stops at key times.

Thanks for this, after reading his story I was hoping, at least because of the tatoo, that he'd play well. I'll check out the 4th quarter a lil harder on the replay of this game. Didn't he play in the first half also?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It's a nice hope but I've kinda accepted it as part of the team identity and would be more surprised if they're NOT among the most penalized teams again.
I can live with the aggression penalties. Its the presnap penalties they need to clean up. Those are the drive killers in offense. And the drive extenders on defense

wrstdude

Rookie
There's only one thing that can be gleaned from this preseason game and it's glaring negative. Mason Brodine suffered a season ending injury.

The only goals of the preseason should be to get in football shape and above all-STAY HEALTHY!

IMO of course.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Honestly, I kinda stopped watching after halftime. I know that probably makes me a bad Rams fan, but I felt pretty good about what I saw in the first half. I didn't realize that 9 of 22 starters would not be there until well after the game started, but that starts to put things into perspective.

Rams rushing attack didn't sparkle? Well... no Long, no Saffold, no Wells, first game from Robinson. I don't really care.

Run D seemed vulnerable? Well... no Langford, no Brockers, no Laurinaitis, barely any Quinn, barely any Long, barely any Hayes (if any?)... I'm just not phased.

Passing game out of synch after Hill left? Anyone really surprised by that? Britt and Quick had very few snaps, which was a bit disappointing... but whatever, it's a pre-season game. I'm thrilled they did as well as they did with Hill.

~~~

Really, coming into the game, I was really just looking for good play from the rookies. I saw lots of disruptive DL play from Sam and Donald which was good. Gaines looked good. Tre Mason looked good. Joyner looked good. Robinson looked good except for one pass protect where there was mis-communication between him and Barnes. Bailey looked good. Hill looked good. What else is there to say?

The only area I'm having a hard time rationalizing away is the kicking game, where Zuerlein missed those two FGs in the 4th (which I only saw the next day). But even with that, Huus was snapping instead of McQuade... so there's that...