RFIP's rapid reaction

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Simma down Coach. I am simply stating my frustrations with things I saw in the game. I am aware that it was PS1, and many of our players were out. Stop attacking me for having an opinion. I enjoy your posts and look forward to your camp reports, and if you have paid attention to any of my posts, you would realize that I am not a Rams basher by any measure. No need to attack any negative(ish) post from me. I will try to look on the bright side in the future....

Stop attacking you? This is hardly an attack. It was me trying to clarify WHY you were being so negative in ONE preseason game. One with very little semblance of what this team will look like a month from now.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IF our third string QB knew how to clock the ball,er dun it right, whatever,our backups woulda beat their backups, IMO we did OK.

And They did keep Ingram in to pound the rock late so .

If what we saw last night was what we're gonna get I'd be alarmed, but since it's not ,I'm not

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Stop attacking you? This is hardly an attack. It was me trying to clarify WHY you were being so negative in ONE preseason game. One with very little semblance of what this team will look like a month from now.
Well, we can agree on the hopefullness of that last sentence. We have both seen this team make the same mistakes through 3 or more coaching regimes... it is beyond frustrating....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I saw some good things.

I saw some bad things.

But with preseason, it's mostly just things.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
So I guess not seeing the things YOU expected to see had very little to with the 60% of the starting Offensive Line not being dressed. Long, Wells, and Saffold. No Bradford. SO 4 STARTERS not playing a single snap of Offense.

And lets see,,, No Brockers, no Langford, no Laurinaits, No Jenkins, No Johnson. That's 5 starters who didn't play a down on defense. By my count, that is NINE of TWENTY TWO starters watching from the sidelines, and you weren't impressed? GOT YA!

As far as the ball to Quick, that ball was at least 5 yards over thrown. he "gave up" on that ball? OK!

I get you on the amount of starters not present but you have to think that the Rams players assembled in their stead will be able to f'ing tackle
and to think if any of those starters go down, these are the guys that fill the gap and it looks like more of the same - what is with that 10 yard cushion - i agree 100% that must be unfucked
I mean the penalties just kill us

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Well, we can agree on the hopefulness of that last sentence. We have both seen this team make the same mistakes through 3 or more coaching regimes... it is beyond frustrating....

So you are using your frustrations of past regimes, and rosters to taint your view on THIS team? At least you own up to that. I on the other hand, see a dramatically better roster, especially the top 60 or so. And to compare this coaching staff to that of the previous is just crazy, IMO.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I get you on the amount of starters not present but you have to think that the Rams players assembled in their stead will be able to f'ing tackle
and to think if any of those starters go down, these are the guys that fill the gap and it looks like more of the same - what is with that 10 yard cushion - i agree 100% that must be unfucked
I mean the penalties just kill us

Of the aforementioned penalties, how many of them came is the second half, committed by guys who have ZERO chance of making this roster? (RJ Dill to name one, who had multiple penalties called on him)

If you watch any of the other games around the league, the one consistent thing that continues to be a trend, is the horrendous tackling in these first couple of games. Teams aren't allowed ot tackle anymore in practice, so they use these games to "practice" that facet of the game.

AS to your point about these being the guys to fill the gap, ok. But if this (or any) team ever gets to the point where they have NINE STARTERS out of the lineup, it wont matter who the replacements are.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
So you are using your frustrations of past regimes, and rosters to taint your view on THIS team? At least you own up to that. I on the other hand, see a dramatically better roster, especially the top 60 or so. And to compare this coaching staff to that of the previous is just crazy, IMO.

The crazy amount of penalties is purely this regime

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Maybe I am too much of an optimist but I was encouraged by the "game" last night other than the tackling. Our second and third string was more entertaining than our first string four years ago. When our first string gets going it looks like we will be in good shape when we face the inevitable injury or two. Nobody plays well with catastrophic amounts of injuries. We actually competed pretty darn well with nine starters out. Spags never had a first string as good as the group we started with last night.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Maybe I am too much of an optimist but I was encouraged by the "game" last night other than the tackling. Our second and third string was more entertaining than our first string four years ago. When our first string gets going it looks like we will be in good shape when we face the inevitable injury or two. Nobody plays well with catastrophic amounts of injuries. We actually competed pretty darn well with nine starters out. Spags never had a first string as good as the group we started with last night.

I thought Mason looked good!
Stacy, Benny, and Mason - look out

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I thought Mason looked good!
Stacy, Benny, and Mason - look out

Yeah, Mason has that quick step in his running style. I like it.

He's going to need more time to learn protections and I hope he's working hard on ball security.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Would like to see Mason with some first string reps before opening day. Still having nightmares about him and grob shredding mizzou. But they're Rams now which makes them my boys so I forgive them.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So I guess not seeing the things YOU expected to see had very little to with the 60% of the starting Offensive Line not being dressed. Long, Wells, and Saffold. No Bradford. SO 4 STARTERS not playing a single snap of Offense.

And lets see,,, No Brockers, no Langford, no Laurinaits, No Jenkins, No Johnson. That's 5 starters who didn't play a down on defense. By my count, that is NINE of TWENTY TWO starters watching from the sidelines, and you weren't impressed? GOT YA!

As far as the ball to Quick, that ball was at least 5 yards over thrown. he "gave up" on that ball? OK!
this is precisely why i haven't let my expectations run wild this yr.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah, Mason has that quick step in his running style. I like it.

He's going to need more time to learn protections and I hope he's working hard on ball security.
It was pretty apparent that he's one of those backs that gets better with more carries. His blocking was hit and miss, but late in the game he was finding cracks and exploding for short yardage.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
no argument from me on that.... but I will be shocked if they don't clean up a lot of that.
It's a nice hope but I've kinda accepted it as part of the team identity and would be more surprised if they're NOT among the most penalized teams again.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Didn't see Westbrooks do much of anything.
Here's the QB pressures and run support by Westbrooks:
-Last play of Q3 (at DE): shoves the OT back into the backfield that blows up a sweep that ends in 2-yd loss
-Q4 10:20 (at DT): split the C/G and forces early pass, knocks QB down (failed 3rd down for NO)
-Q4 5:00 (at DT): makes the tackle on a run away from his side
-Q4 2:50 (at DT): stunts around outside, forces QB to step up and dump off pass (failed 3rd down for NO)

I think Sam had a better night, but Westbrooks did some little things that helped the defense get stops at key times.

Speeps

Starter
I'm very disappointed that we as Rams fans aren't familiar with the Rams preseason MO yet.