Reynolds Wows ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I don't really get the love for Thomas...He did nothing last year, I mean he did less than nothing. He dropped pretty much every pass that was thrown to him.
So he looked good in shorts? So what? Until I see him dominate in Preseason I have to believe that he'll be gone when the time comes.

Im a big fan of what Thomas could be but when you're right, your're right...He's def not in a position where he's a lock by any means

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ahh, the hyperbole is strong this preseason. Love that everyone is so excited about our WR corp. I am too, but as someone noted above.....if our QB(s) don't shine, it will be worth zippy. As optimistic as I am about our WRs, I am just as nervous about the right side of our OL ...and yes.....our QB. I still believe in JG, and I really hope to see good things going forward, but yeah, I'm nervous. We need decent QB play this year to be relevant. Captain Obvious OUT!!!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Not since they picked up Sammy Watkins.

He changed the dynamics because we didn't really have a true outside (proven) threat. Thomas and Reynolds are 2 big, fast, downfield type receivers. They were pretty much "in" just because of that.
With Watkins the Rams aren't so desperate for either of those guys to play. No way they draft Reynolds and cut him and he won't last on the practice squad. His first practice guaranteed that even if he stinks from here on out.

There might not be a roster spot waiting for Thomas when he gets back. Don't think he makes it on the PS either. He's bound to snatched up.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
My point is really nobody knows what the substance was and when he was on what other than he tested positive for "something" at some point.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
After the first four games Austin will probably be hurt, it seems like he is hurt all the time and there will be your spot for Thomas. Reynolds and Cooper will be part of the final 53.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is really nobody knows what the substance was and when he was on what other than he tested positive for "something" at some point.
We know that the NFL suspends people caught using PED's for the first time for 4 games.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I trust wholeheartedly that McVay will keep the right guys. He is a team builder, he may not be looking only at athleticism, but the 'fit' for the team also.

We have our 'big 5' in Watkins, Woods, Austin, Kupp and Reynolds - the other Cooper, Spruce, Ryan, Thomas etc guys have to fight it out for the remaining 1 (possibly 2) spots...

EDIT: I'll be keeping an eye out to see who takes ST reps, the guy that steps up sticks.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We know that the NFL suspends people caught using PED's for the first time for 4 games.
Correct.
It is just that they have a extremely wide-ranging notion of what a "PED" is.

Kids panic.
Kids make mistakes.
I just don't get how people barbecue these kids for screwing up a little bit.
( Not that UK Ram was being hard on him )

I know it's fun to play internet GM and I do it all the time myself but if the coaches are seeing an improvement and the coaches want to bring him back?
I'm going to trust the coaches on this one

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct.
It is just that they have a extremely wide-ranging notion of what a "PED" is.

Kids panic.
Kids make mistakes.
I just don't get how people barbecue these kids for screwing up a little bit.
( Not that UK Ram was being hard on him )

I know it's fun to play internet GM and I do it all the time myself but if the coaches are seeing an improvement and the coaches want to bring him back?
I'm going to trust the coaches on this one
I wasn't aware that anybody was roasting him. Only discussion I've seen is how brutal this WR battle could be for the last spot or two. In such a close battle his lack of availability could easily be the thing that swings it in another WR's direction. Those are 4 games somebody else is going to be able to showcase themselves and he won't have that chance. I'm a huge Thomas fan but the suspension hurts him.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After the first four games Austin will probably be hurt, it seems like he is hurt all the time and there will be your spot for Thomas. Reynolds and Cooper will be part of the final 53.

It seems like Austin is always hurt???

Really?
This offseason maybe, but the guy has proven to be much more durable than some predicted due to his size.
How many games has he missed?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No one is roasting him in this thread yet.
Do I have read a bunch of roasts on the guy.

And yes, my entire life, I've always pulled for the underdog.

That is what makes me such a loyal Ram fan. :yess:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we trade someone....probably Tavon.
He may be our last trade chip with any value, and I have to question just how much of that remains ...
Tavon hasn't done much to create buzz for current value, and it would be nice for him to have a very successful 2017 so he might do so, but ... if some team were to offer an outstanding young offensive lineman, I could easily see it going down. I thought Dunbar would give Austin his biggest competition, although injuries have kept them both off the practice field, so lets hope they both recover quickly enough to give McSnead some further options. jmo.