Reynolds Wows ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
We have the makings of an actual strong WR group for the first time in a decade

OH MY!!!!!
389674-40826-16.jpg

bdfitz

UDFA
I like Thomas but Cooper has proven to be a solid, dependable Slot guy who can play outside with Much better hands than Thomas. Cooper/Kupp confusion. Let the accouncers deal with it. I wouldn't cut Cooper.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I can see putting spruce & thomas on the PS.

But... what do we do with Shakeir?? Put him on the PS too, in case Tavon gets dinged?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Let's revisit the possible WR roster now that Reynolds has showed. I never thought he would be cut, but I think it's fair to say that he was drafted to do the things the previous regime wanted from Thomas.

First 6?:
Watkins--duh!
Woods--inked to a 5 yr deal
Kupp--real deal, he's not going anywhere.
Austin--$11mil already paid out and he deserves a shot in a real offense.
Cooper--STs and versatility.
Reynolds--again, he was drafted to stretch the field. Big, fast, and goes up for the ball.

That's 6 w/ Thomas suspended.
Does anybody see it differently?

That is the six I have been thinking they would keep. I also think they would keep four TEs before they would keep seven WRs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before OTA's, Reynolds was my favorite rookie WR, even in front of Cooper Kupp. His college tape of high pointing and winning a contested ball more often than not seemed to be something we have not had in a long time in a WR. If he impresses that way in a pre-season game, I don't think we can keep him on a practice squad...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The bottom of the roster is still up in the air dudes. We have seen ONE preseason game. There are THREE to go.

As to Reynolds having that big camp day, he needed it. And he also needs good production and showings in those remaining preseason games.

IMO McVay will not keep him on the strength of his 4th round draft position alone. He has to demonstrate improvement week to week and most importantly gameday impact.

Lot of preseason left starting this Saturday. The guys who rise to the top on the field in those games are going to win that last spot or two on the roster.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO McVay will not keep him on the strength of his 4th round draft position alone. He has to demonstrate improvement week to week and most importantly gameday impact.
Of course he will make it as a 4th rounder. He's a rookie. He made the team unless he has terrible work ethic or does something stupid.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Nah, Reynolds was making the team the minute they drafted him in the 4th round.
Thomas wont be on the final 53 even if he was the best WR on the team, he doesnt count until week #5.
Agreed on Reynolds.His potential is through the roof.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Yeah....I have too....Mike Thomas is my avatar.....:ROFLMAO::cool::rolllaugh:
No worries Champ.I went ahead and got you a new avatar.
The guy in the pic is Josh Reynolds.He is a lot like Thomas except...........
He won't be playing in Canada in a year or two.:hiding:

rams-rookie-camp-football_23823035_837561.jpg

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't really get the love for Thomas...He did nothing last year, I mean he did less than nothing. He dropped pretty much every pass that was thrown to him.
So he looked good in shorts? So what? Until I see him dominate in Preseason I have to believe that he'll be gone when the time comes.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm a big Josh Reynolds fan. Long body, long strider, plucks the ball from the air. Excited to see him develop.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't really get the love for Thomas...He did nothing last year, I mean he did less than nothing. He dropped pretty much every pass that was thrown to him.
So he looked good in shorts? So what? Until I see him dominate in Preseason I have to believe that he'll be gone when the time comes.

He is fast and tall .... that's about the extent of it I think ...and he did that while on peds

I honestly think mcvay will not have any truck with that shit ..once that suspensions over.... cutsville

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
He is fast and tall .... that's about the extent of it I think ...and he did that while on peds

I honestly think mcvay will not have any truck with that crap ..once that suspensions over.... cutsville
If that were the case he'd be cut now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

As a WR that is true. As a gunner I think he's easily top third of the league, maybe better. Extremely high effort guy who also has some good talent. That tends to be a good combination especially when you add good coaching to the mix.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of course he will make it as a 4th rounder. He's a rookie. He made the team unless he has terrible work ethic or does something stupid.

Under Fisher yeah you would be 100% right. But we're not under Fisher any more. McVay's a different cat, and I believe if a round 4 pick doesn't show him what he wants to see week to week he will be in the mix for cuts vs those other guys. There are more ways off a roster than having a terrible work ethic or being stupid, particularly when there is actual competition for said roster spot. And this year there IS competition, and a lot of it, for those spots after the big four to five.

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
Am i missing something hear. Reynolds is almost guaranteed to make the team he was a 4th round pick from this year. He is about as safe as safe can get

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
The last spot is between coop and thomas and personally i liked what coop did last game

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think final 6 is

Watkins
Woods
Austin
Kupp
Cooper
Reynolds

Agree. Then Thomas comes back and we have the benefit of most teams having filled their practice squad already. I could see either Thomas or Cooper cut at that time with an attempt to get either on the PS. (I always forget the rules, have they played too much to get sent to practice squad?)

If we're stuck with Austin this year, does that make Cooper more expendable? It would seem that Kupp, Austin and Cooper are all vying for time in the slot (yes, even thought they can all play outside, they're prob best served in the slot). Reynolds or Thomas probably each back up X and Z receivers.

I wonder if Cooper is the odd man out in this scenario... boy I wish we could move Austin.