Rex Ryan is the Teflon Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's amazing that he is still employed by the Jets after the monumental mess he has created from Foot-Gate to the fact that his team has been getting embarrassed over and over.

What about him as a coach makes the owner of that team keep him on the payroll. It's astounding.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's amazing that he is still employed by the Jets after the monumental mess he has created from Foot-Gate to the fact that his team has been getting embarrassed over and over.

What about him as a coach makes the owner of that team keep him on the payroll. It's astounding.

Players love him and he's a great defensive mind. Just doesn't know shit about offense. He'll be fired at the end of the season and someone will jump on him immediately as a DC.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Players love him and he's a great defensive mind. Just doesn't know crap about offense. He'll be fired at the end of the season and someone will jump on him immediately as a DC.

Agreed +1, the last few years he has done just enough to keep his job. I belive they fired their GM last year since he Ryan did not get along and basicly gave Ryan this year to get things going forward again.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I used to think Rex was a great coach. He brought a swagger that the Jets had never had before and led them deep into the playoffs. He has made some poor decisions since then. Still, that Rex when he first came to NY inspired his players. He was a trash talking machine and then he buried you to back it up.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I could see him go into broadcasting before taking a DC position.

People with egos that large may have trouble sliding back into second fiddle type positions once they've been the boss. Ryan's act would probably play well on a panel show.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

It's gotta be his Sanchize tattoo.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Players love him and he's a great defensive mind. Just doesn't know crap about offense. He'll be fired at the end of the season and someone will jump on him immediately as a DC.
Or possibly a head coaching position. He's got a decent resume and Tannenbaum hasn't had a job in the NFL since being fired. He managed to finish 8-8 last year with Geno Smith as the QB.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think he is a classic example of a guy that can do some real coaching, but needs a strong GM to succeed.

FRO

Legend
He may be able to be a successful college coach. He has that big personality that would be good for recruiting and you can run a gimmick spread offense to get offensive results.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Is it actually real or did someone photoshop it........please say it was photoshopped.

I think it's real. I saw a couple of pics of him when he was chilling by the pool at the Atlantis... no shirt, and The Sanchize tat was looking very real.

fearsomefour

Legend
After Harbaby gets the ax in SF I hope Ryan goes there as HC. He has plenty of experience with QBs who can't read defenses.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think he is a classic example of a guy that can do some real coaching, but needs a strong GM to succeed.

Idzick is such a mash mouth and has crapped away enough talent and brought in two of the more dubious Qb's , when he is fired I don't doubt the new GM will fire Ryan, bro Rob got his arse chewed pretty good on national TV last night.
I thought I lip read S . Payton saying somthing like dis " You better get these guys playing or head out for Mc donalds":cool:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

The Atlanta Falcons!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That team has had the wheels fall off eh.

Now they could rally and actually win that division, but IMO, Mike Smith will be fired they will hire an offensive minded coach and bring in Rexy as DC because Arthur Blank interviewed him before for the Head Coaching position.

I hope Ryan stays in the AFC because he is a great DC, but IMO, the Falcons will be a good landing spot for him.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
He may be able to be a successful college coach. He has that big personality that would be good for recruiting and you can run a gimmick spread offense to get offensive results.
This kind of makes sense.