Rex Ryan brags on safety Calvin Pryor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
First off, he doesn't wear a mouthpiece on the field so he can trash talk better? Good luck with that in the NFL.
-----------------------------
Rex Ryan “really been impressed” by Calvin Pryor
Posted by Josh Alper on May 18, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpthhngfhnmuxnme0zjjhztnlmdnjnjuyytqzogjinmfh1-e1400417323655.jpeg
AP

Jets safety Calvin Pryor may be a rookie, but he said Saturday that won’t stop him from talking trash to established NFL players.

Pryor said that the delight he takes in talking is the reason he doesn’t wear a mouthpiece on the field and that his ideal situation is matching his talk with a big hit over the middle to let opponents know that he means what he says. Jets coach Rex Ryan may be a tad less blustery than he was earlier in his tenure, but Pryor’s outspokenness isn’t rubbing him the wrong way. Quite the opposite, actually, based on Ryan’s prediction that Pryor will be a big fan favorite.

“There’s going to be a lot of jerseys sold with Pryor’s name on the back, because I have a funny feeling he’s going to become one of the more popular Jets as this thing gets going,” Ryan said, via Daryl Slater of the Newark Star-Ledger. “Smart, instinctive and is on top of it. It’s rare that it comes easy, and you can see it in there. The way he communicates, just everything. He has really been everything that we’ve wanted and then some. Really been impressed with him. I think he’d be probably the No. 1 guy that jumps out at me (from rookie mini camp so far).”

Ryan stopped short of saying that Pryor would start with Dawan Landry or Antonio Allen, saying that the team will play everybody during the season, but it feels like a near inevitability as long as something doesn’t go wrong. Ryan has been looking for a safety who can make plays since coming to the Jets and Pryor offers the potential to do that before making sure to let his opponents know just what he plans to do next.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rexy can be very sexy until he opens his mouth!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I hope Rex Ryan is still happy when Pryor gets burned deep because he can't cover.

V3

Hall of Fame
All Ryan needed was to see Pryor's feet to know he was a good pick.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All Ryan needed was to see Pryor's feet to know he was a good pick.
He put his toe in the water when contemplating drafting him and now he is massaging his sole, basking in the glory of the actual pick.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Rex is a good coach. He got his team 8-8 when they were supposed to finish around 4-12.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Another case of trash talk before the season has even started? Uh oh, look out for the all mighty Jets again this year!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Another case of trash talk before the season has even started? Uh oh, look out for the all mighty Jets again this year!

Yup, and you know that someone on their schedule read that he doesn't wear a mouth pice and is going to gladly take the $15,000 fine to put a helmet directly to his chin. It's coming, I know it's coming.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Yup, and you know that someone on their schedule read that he doesn't wear a mouth pice and is going to gladly take the $15,000 fine to put a helmet directly to his chin. It's coming, I know it's coming.

Not wearing a mouthpiece just to talk trash seems like pure stupidity to me.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Trash talking is overrated.

It makes you look like a punk when you're winning, and a pathetic punk when you're losing.