Rewatched the Goff & Wentz draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I know we all understand that this game is more than these two young stud QB's and their overall NFL draft selections.

As the super hype gets bigger each day leading up to the game, this first contest between the two young field generals could light the torch to a quarterback rivalry that lasts for several years.

The epic trades that the Los Angeles and Philadelphia general managers made to move up in the 2016 NFL Draft, turned these franchises into heavyweight contenders in less than 2 years.

I thought some of you like myself might want to relive both of their selections by the commissioner in the below clips that will forever link them together.

Only days away from their first ever meeting. :yess:

View: https://youtu.be/l_F4k9g-7aI?t=139

View: https://youtu.be/k8hLnTVAErY?t=160

______________________________GOFF________ WENTZ
_
espnapi_ncf_u_Goff-Wentz01jr_576x324_wmain.jpg

dixon-256082-f-wp-content-uploads-2017-11-Wentz-Goff-1200-1200x800.jpg

_________________________The Beginning of a classic

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Franchise changing moment, both teams made the right move and got the guy of their future.

Take notes browns and bills! You cant win without a good qb

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Browns lol. "We're smarter than everyone else." :jerkoff:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I was at the official Rams draft party that night, and I will never forget it. Never seen so many former, and future...Hall of Famer's in the same place.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goff.jpg

DECEMBER 5, 2017

Goff vs Wentz
by Tim McManus

The top two picks in the 2016 NFL draft, quarterbacks Jared Goff and Carson Wentz, will square off for the first time when the Los Angeles Rams host the Philadelphia Eagles (4:25 p.m. ET) on Sunday.

They’re not exactly players cut from the same cloth. Goff is a blond-haired, laid-back California boy who gained national fame as a three-year starter at Cal;

Wentz an intense redhead out of North Dakota who was barely recruited out of high school and flew under the radar playing for North Dakota State.

They have different backgrounds and different styles, but both are experiencing high levels of success in their sophomore seasons and have their teams sitting in first place in their respective divisions.

Contrasting styles

Goff spends more time in the pocket (2.50 seconds per snap) than any other quarterback in the league. He has thrown all 20 of his TDs from the pocket this season.

Wentz is often at his best when escaping pressure and creating on the outside. He has thrown six touchdowns from out of the pocket this season, tied for most in the NFL (Case Keenum).

Wentz's style of play tends to lead to more hits. He's absorbed 85 QB contacts -- sixth in the NFL -- and has been sacked 27 times, compared to 36 QB contacts (ranked 23rd) and 20 sacks for Goff.

Similar results

Both have been downright deadly on third down and in the red zone. Goff has a 64 percent completion rate with seven touchdowns and two interceptions on third down;

Wentz is a touch better with a 66.4 completion rate with 12 touchdowns and two picks.

Inside the 20, it's near perfection. Wentz has thrown 20 TDs and zero interceptions in the red zone with no sacks.

Goff is right behind him with 16 TDs, zero interceptions and two sacks. That's 36 combined touchdowns with no interceptions. Nasty.

Keys for Sunday

• If the Rams come at Wentz with the blitz, they best not miss. He's been blitzed 170 times this season, the most in the NFL. He's thrown 12 touchdowns to zero interceptions when opponents bring the extra man.
  • Goff has actually been better away from the Coliseum this season. Five of his six interceptions have come at home. His stats are better almost across the board when on the road.
  • He'll need to buck that trend in order to get the best of his draft partner this weekend.
http://975thefanatic.com/2017/12/05/goff-vs-wentz/

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[GALLERY=media, 125]Back Of Hat by DR RAM posted Apr 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 115]My Table, The Hat, Cool Napkin. by DR RAM posted Apr 29, 2016 at 7:33 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 137]Me with some lovely ladies. by DR RAM posted Apr 29, 2016 at 7:37 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 111]K A 2 by DR RAM posted Apr 29, 2016 at 7:33 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 32]20160207_150716_resized by DR RAM posted Feb 7, 2016 at 3:22 PM[/GALLERY]

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know we all understand that this game is more than these two young stud QB's and their overall NFL draft selections.

As the super hype gets bigger each day leading up to the game, this first contest between the two young field generals could light the torch to a quarterback rivalry that lasts for several years.

The epic trades that the Los Angeles and Philadelphia general managers made to move up in the 2016 NFL Draft, turned these franchises into heavyweight contenders in less than 2 years.

I thought some of you like myself might want to relive both of their selections by the commissioner in the below clips that will forever link them together.

Only days away from their first ever meeting. :yess:

View: https://youtu.be/l_F4k9g-7aI?t=139

View: https://youtu.be/k8hLnTVAErY?t=160

______________________________GOFF________ WENTZ
_
espnapi_ncf_u_Goff-Wentz01jr_576x324_wmain.jpg

dixon-256082-f-wp-content-uploads-2017-11-Wentz-Goff-1200-1200x800.jpg

_________________________The Beginning of a classic

I would like to see this end up like a Manning / Brady type rivalry!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Browns lol. "We're smarter than everyone else." :jerkoff:
The Browns have two 1st Round picks, and three 2nd Round picks in the 2018 Draft. I'd like to trade them, say Austin and Mannion for a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder!:D