Rewatched the Atlanta game - Take aways

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In camp last year they played and featured Pead a lot. I expected to see more of him. Talent wise he and Quick really shined at camp. But the speed of the game and the pressure may just be more than they were ready for. Some guys are immature too. That sounds like Peads problem. I still hold out hope that he can contribute, even though I thought he was picked way too high.

Fisher or Snead, or both seem to really like athletics above all other attributes. I don't lean one way or another. It is tough to argue with great production, but at the same time if a great athlete shows potential to develop into a great football player which do you choose. A ceiling/low floor or Low ceiling/high floor. Take Dunbar for instance. He was the latter. He was very productive in college. But he didn't measure out so great. He has limitations and despite instincts he can only be so good. Snead or Fisher like to shoot for the moon IMO. That is why they took Quick and Pead. Both guys measured out great but didn't display the football acumen to the level that would make them first rounders. But they liked the athleticism so much that they jumped the gun picking them. I prefer a more middle of the road style.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamzFanz, Was the Atlanta game one of those games, where we trailed, followed by Bradford playing some uptempo no huddle? If so, what was your impression of Bradford and the offense in the uptempo mode?

Many will witness that I screamed up-tempo all season. It was so disappointing to them the Rams score so well up-tempo but only use it after they were buried.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talent wasn't the issue with him - it was getting his head on straight, which he did toward the end of the year since they did started using him a little bit more and more... i remember him being in on a 2 pt conversion, so that counts for somethin in my book. A play that you GOTTA have and you put this kid in?

I hope the kid turns it around - but I don't think the coaching staff are nearly as down and out as some of the people on here

I hope you're right.

V3

Hall of Fame
Kids talented - there's a reason he went in the 2nd and Drich in the 7th. Not to mention Pead has the best hands and pass pro of the backs
The reason he went in the second was because he was over drafted.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm nitpicking but as I recall, Bradford had Austin on a deep post but threw the ball vertically so Austin had to flatten out rather than putting it down the seam in front of him so he could catch it and run. With the defender leveraged outside, placing it vertically over the top allowed him to knock it away.

Obviously, that's just one throw though.
(There was also the Kendricks play where he was open...but I'd rather not speak of that :whistle:)

Never mind.