Rewatched the Atlanta game - Take aways

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
For such a new and young team on the road it wasn't bad at all.

I don't have a great memory so I'm often surprised by things I should know.

Bradford was dead-on accurate. He threw some awesome long balls. If the receivers had caught half the dropped balls he hit them in the hands with, Rams win this big.

DR played very well.

Pettis had good hands.

Down 24-3 at half they ended just a TD down.

Bailey is a monster on ST. His timing and hits were worth rewatching the game alone.

That pass rush. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm nitpicking but as I recall, Bradford had Austin on a deep post but threw the ball vertically so Austin had to flatten out rather than putting it down the seam in front of him so he could catch it and run. With the defender leveraged outside, placing it vertically over the top allowed him to knock it away.

Obviously, that's just one throw though.
(There was also the Kendricks play where he was open...but I'd rather not speak of that :whistle:)

iced

What was his avg/carry?
10 carries for 35 yards, 3.5

considering how bad atlantas defense was, i'd consider it a bad performance...especially since he's the reason for the pick 6

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
35 yards rushing and gave the other team 6 points is playing well? ouch

I'm giving my observations, not stats.

A pass to him popped up and became a TD for the opponent. Is that really giving the other team 6 points? A very fast, very short, pass behind him that goes up?

You ignored his 45 yards receiving. Why?

RamzFanz

Damnit

considering how bad atlantas defense was, i'd consider it a bad performance...especially since he's the reason for the pick 6

I didn't know he was calling the plays.

iced

I'm giving my observations, not stats.

A pass to him popped up and became a TD for the opponent. Is that really giving the other team 6 points? A very fast, very short, pass behind him that goes up?

You ignored his 45 yards receiving. Why?
Drich has never ran well and he has terrible vision - that's why he lost his job within 4 weeks.

And yea, he dropped the pass. Cause of his hands = 6 points for other team. That's not what I'd call a "good" game

RamzFanz

Damnit

Go WATCH and tell me you think he played bad.

He's no star, but he played well.

iced

Go WATCH and tell me you think he played bad.

He's no star, but he played well.
I have. And I never liked Drich as a starting back - I vividly remember him running into the backs of linemen..its horrendous - i have nightmares sometimes about it...

RamzFanz

Damnit
I have. And I never liked Drich as a starting back - I vividly remember him running into the backs of linemen..its horrendous - i have nightmares sometimes about it...

I can tell. This is a discussion about one game. A game where he had 80 all purpose yards on 15 plays.

You know, I saw the "running into the backs" plays. Both of them in three games.

iced

I can tell. This is a discussion about one game. A game where he had 80 all purpose yards on 15 plays.

You know, I saw the "running into the backs" plays. Both of them in three games.

4 games...

sometimes i think its they're handing off to hellen keller instead of drich.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
That was probably the most frustrating game of the season to me. I've only watched it a few times, and probably won't again. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

RamzFanz

Damnit
4 games...

sometimes i think its they're handing off to hellen keller instead of drich.

OK, I get it.

You have an irrational and unsupported hate for DR.

You're gonna hate when they trade him to an O that has a real OC and he thrives. Just sayin'. He was better than SJ in YPC.

iced

OK, I get it.

You have an irrational and unsupported hate for DR.

You're gonna hate when they trade him to an O that has a real OC and he thrives. Just sayin'. He was better than SJ in YPC.

A broken down SJ at the end of his career..

And no I don't have a hate for Drich - i just call it like i see it...why else would he lose the starting job with a deadlast ranked run game (and the rushing yards per game were awful)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm nitpicking but as I recall, Bradford had Austin on a deep post but threw the ball vertically so Austin had to flatten out rather than putting it down the seam in front of him so he could catch it and run. With the defender leveraged outside, placing it vertically over the top allowed him to knock it away.

Obviously, that's just one throw though.
(There was also the Kendricks play where he was open...but I'd rather not speak of that :whistle:)

I watch the "one camera view condensed version" so as to not damage my brain. I thought TA should have had it, but I only saw it once.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
DRich looked good early in the AZ game before he injured his foot. He looked good in a supporting role his rookie season too. I expect a bounce back year.