Rewatched game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneFalco

So i rewatched the game... Not as bad it as i thought it was defensive wise. CP just pretty explosive in space. Rams defensive was playing great football until the end of the 3rd.

Our offense. Not that horrible. We have some talented guys, but need alot more depth on the o line.

Playcalling? Defense was dialing up some pretty good blitzes, and coverage for the most part was ok. Gaines had some trouble, but hey, i can see him making some strides next year if he gets the playtime this year.

Offensive play calling was awful. Shotty was fired from NY for a reason, and our offense has become a carbon copy of it. Little 5 yard check downs and no passes longer then 10 yards. Screens when you are trying to hide o line problems, does not work. Need alot more draws and counters. Then some Play action deep down field. Forget the litte dump offs. But again this is Shotty we are talking about. I do think he should be removed from the situation or Fischer should take over. by week 3 if we are 0-3.

I could care less about penalties if we throw the ball down field at least 3 times a game.

jjab360

Legend
So i rewatched the game... Not as bad it as i thought it was defensive wise. CP just pretty explosive in space. Rams defensive was playing great football until the end of the 3rd.

Our offense. Not that horrible. We have some talented guys, but need alot more depth on the o line.

Playcalling? Defense was dialing up some pretty good blitzes, and coverage for the most part was ok. Gaines had some trouble, but hey, i can see him making some strides next year if he gets the playtime this year.

Offensive play calling was awful. Shotty was fired from NY for a reason, and our offense has become a carbon copy of it. Little 5 yard check downs and no passes longer then 10 yards. Screens when you are trying to hide o line problems, does not work. Need alot more draws and counters. Then some Play action deep down field. Forget the litte dump offs. But again this is Shotty we are talking about. I do think he should be removed from the situation or Fischer should take over. by week 3 if we are 0-3.

I could care less about penalties if we throw the ball down field at least 3 times a game.
Don't really think that's an option. Fisher is more of a defensive coach and I seriously doubt that any of our offensive coaches are ready to take over playcalling right now. If it was our defense, we've got a ton of former defensive coordinators on the team, but that's just not the case on offense.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Don't know how "bad " Shotty is ,I do know Turner is one of the best.
I think Shotty's biggest problem is execution.
I watched the Broncos dismantle Indy first half and look totally inept second half and IMO their OC and Manning didn't go brain dead,the execution went to shit dropped balls overthrows etc.
We have people fucking up assignments ,if Austin Davis can breath Monday I'll be thankful,our boys committed twice as many penalties as their opponents for a damned good day (121yards) for any skill player,not acceptable.
I put this on poor play ,recklessness,over running ,youthful mistakes? Some of them, oh but BTW a rookie lead all defensive linemen in tackles and didn't "start",I think that's a draft choice we can quit worrying about..

ShaneFalco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Um Broncos still had a rushing td in 2nd half, and they would hand off left outside 3-4 times on counters, then do the same but play action deep. They still mindfuck the d, shotty only gets mindfucked. Manning was just a bit off today, only throwing 250+ with 2ds. :) but the WR were wide open. Because they screw with the defensive thinking on the snap. They are not completely predictable.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I deleted that mess before it was over. I don't think I could look at it again. It was sad. I agree about Schotty. I thought he sucked with the Jets and never wanted him to land here.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I've been trying to rewatch it - I'll get up the courage tonight.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The defense didn't respect our QB and the offensive line struggled.

Schotty called a very stagnant game, too.

That game feels like three losses.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
This is a plodding high school offense. I stopped rewatching very shortly.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Re-watched?
Did you guys throw on your hairshirts for that too?

There's no need to punish yourselves, it wasn't your fault.

ShaneFalco

well i didnt get to pay 2 much attention the first time because i was eating bbq at a friends.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought I saw plenty of intermediate throws and a few deep shots. You don't typically see a ton of deep throws (30+) during a game anyway. Between the two of those guys (Hill/Austin), the YPA was 7.6. That's up there relative to league averages.

209RamsFan

He needs to open that play book up and go MikeMartz/Air Coryell on peoples Ass!!

ShaneFalco

I thought I saw plenty of intermediate throws and a few deep shots. You don't typically see a ton of deep throws (30+) during a game anyway. Between the two of those guys (Hill/Austin), the YPA was 7.6. That's up there relative to league averages.
AZ came out throwing deep to Flloyd tonight.

I just want to see them want to challenge the defense early on and throughout the game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
AZ came out throwing deep to Flloyd tonight.

I just want to see them want to challenge the defense early on and throughout the game.
Join the club. Let's call up the O-line and see if they'll give (whoever) a clean pocket for about 4 seconds.
I'll take Wells and Barks. You call Long, Saffold and Joseph. ;)

ViperLjs

Rookie
Join the club. Let's call up the O-line and see if they'll give (whoever) a clean pocket for about 4 seconds.
I'll take Wells and Barks. You call Long, Saffold and Joseph. ;)

Honestly it's a little hard to believe that the O-line is still a problem after all these years, high draft picks, and big FA signings. Last year's was decent, but it seems we've regressed. Long is clearly still knocking the rust off, and Joseph was not impressive yesterday.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
well i didnt get to pay 2 much attention the first time because i was eating bbq at a friends.
You sure had a lot to say Sunday, about a game you didn't watch.
dude.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Honestly it's a little hard to believe that the O-line is still a problem after all these years, high draft picks, and big FA signings. Last year's was decent, but it seems we've regressed. Long is clearly still knocking the rust off, and Joseph was not impressive yesterday.
For lack of anything better to say to describe the situation, it's time for those guys to nut up. They didn't play together a lot during the preseason, so I'm hoping it was just a hiccup and the chemistry starts this week. Sounds as good as anything, I guess.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
For lack of anything better to say to describe the situation, it's time for those guys to nut up. They didn't play together a lot during the preseason, so I'm hoping it was just a hiccup and the chemistry starts this week. Sounds as good as anything, I guess.

This is one of the things that I don't get, why don't we play the core units during pre-season properly? I know Long was coming off an injury, but we could have still have had the others out there - I hate seeing 'rust' at the start of the season with us, these guys are highly paid professional sportsmen, surely they should be able to hit the ground running WK 1?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
You watched this game again? You are one brave son of a bitch!