Revisionist History: 2011 vs the Browns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Situation: The Browns botch a FG snap. If the Browns presumably make the FG, they win. Assuming that happens, and the rest of the season plays out the way it did, the Rams go 1-15 and have the first pick.

With that happening, that would put the team in the position of getting Luck.

Do you think picking Luck would have been better for the franchise in the long run OR trading the pick for a comparable deal to the RG3 trade would have been better?

Memphis Ram

Legend
My mantra during that period was take Luck, trade Bradford, and suffer whatever cap consequences of that deal for that one season.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Depends what people were offering for Bradford, I remember reading that the Browns offered a "comparable" package to what we got for RGIII, so it potentially wasn't Luck or the RGIII trade, it could have been Luck + the RGIII (Bradford) trade haul.

FRO

Legend
I would have taken whatever bounty was bigger, either for Luck or Bradford.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not much into hindsight discussions but seriously - look at the first round of that draft. Yeesh!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I'm probably as big a Bradford supporter as you will meet, but in those circumstances, you would have to trade him to Cleveland and take Luck.
I also remember talk of the browns being willing to offer multiple first for SB, so that would have been the clincher. Even without the benefit of hindsight, before the draft, everyone pretty much knew Luck was going to be good so it would have been a pretty easy decision in my eyes.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm wondering if they woulda taken the same deal and the Redskins end up with Luck instead of the Colts. Imagine if that happened? Rams fans woulda been cussing Snead/Fisher for years. Instead, it looks like a stroke of genius with the RGIII looks right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am just glad we are not the team that passed or traded Luck. Because, at the time w/Sam, I worry we would have traded Luck away.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He didn't have any knee issues going into that 2012 season, so I don't know that Fisher/Snead would have drafted Luck. The package for him (Luck) would have been slightly better than the RGMe haul too, IMO. At any rate, THANK GYAWD that didn't happen, because every Rams board would be intolerable until Luck retired.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I'm probably as big a Bradford supporter as you will meet, but in those circumstances, you would have to trade him to Cleveland and take Luck.
I also remember talk of the browns being willing to offer multiple first for SB, so that would have been the clincher. Even without the benefit of hindsight, before the draft, everyone pretty much knew Luck was going to be good so it would have been a pretty easy decision in my eyes.
This

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I am just glad we are not the team that passed or traded Luck. Because, at the time w/Sam, I worry we would have traded Luck away.
There is no doubt in my mind they would have made the wrong decision and traded Luck, even with Cleveland wanting Bradford.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There is no doubt in my mind they would have made the wrong decision and traded Luck, even with Cleveland wanting Bradford.
th

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I think they would of traded Bradford if we got Luck in that draft.To much to gain not to extra draft picks,Bradford contract off the books, and a great Qb on a rookie salary.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think they would of traded Bradford if we got Luck in that draft.To much to gain not to extra draft picks,Bradford contract off the books, and a great Qb on a rookie salary.
I dunno, man. His dead money going into 2012 was almost $33M.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Sam...but I think we might have taken Luck.

If he was cut. If he was traded, it only would have been around $14.4 million.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Wow if that figure is correct then yeah it probably doesn't happen.Did not realize that the cap hit was that high that's just ridiculous.