Revis getting cut before 4:00 pm

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Reports here in New England saying Revis is getting cut by Bucs before 4:00 pm deadline, and there are report out of Revis' camp that he'll sign with the Cheatriots.

Links to come soon!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It's official from PFT:

The Buccaneers are doing business in bulk, but their biggest move is ending with a whimper.
The anticipated release of cornerback Darrelle Revis is now official, per Mike Garofolo of FOX Sports.
In the end, the Bucs weren’t going to get a trade with Revis unwilling to renegotiate his deal, despite many teams getting in touch.
Now, he’s free to negotiate his own new deal, with the Patriots figuring to be high on the list.
That makes for an expensive rehab assignment for the Bucs, who spent $16 million and two picks for the privilege of a not-full speed Revis in a miscast role under Greg Schiano.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the link, brotha! I can't remember the New York reporter mentioned on the Felger & Mazz Show, but they also said Revis will be a patriot:jerkoff:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Thanks for the link, brotha! I can't remember the New York reporter mentioned on the Felger & Mazz Show, but they also said Revis will be a patriot:jerkoff:
Yeah, I live in RI and was listening to 98.5 on my way between sites for my job. They were essentially saying that he will be a Patriot.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Oh nice!! I'm right next door, in the Cumberland/Attleboro area. Rams fans everywhere!!:rockon:

bluecoconuts

Legend
He'll want way too much money for us, but if he was willing to take a smaller contract I'd take him.

He'll be a FA in 2 years again anyway.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Would be a great way to get this sour taste out of my mouth from the start of this free agency but Id say theres about a 1% chance that they even kick the tires.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

Pats making cap space in wake of the Revis release. I'd put my money on them signing Revis, with the Jets being plan B for him. And again, a report in the New York circuits said someone in Revis' camp guaranteed he's a Patsie. Probably making the final touches on the deal as we speak.

It would suck for him to be a Patsie, but it'll be nice to see Edelman get away to a team like the Ravens, who have been reported as having serious interest in him.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Pats making cap space in wake of the Revis release. I'd put my money on them signing Revis, with the Jets being plan B for him. And again, a report in the New York circuits said someone in Revis' camp guaranteed he's a Patsie. Probably making the final touches on the deal as we speak.

It would suck for him to be a Patsie, but it'll be nice to see Edelman get away to a team like the Ravens, who have been reported as having serious interest in him.

Let 'me pay! I just cannot believe he is going to be a good investment.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Makes no sense because Revis nixed the deal to send him to CLE because they wanted to redo his contract and he didn't want to take a pay cut. Are the Patriots going to pay 16 million for a cover guy coming off a blown out knee? Yikes!