Returning players on offense; could there be more there than we give credit?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Geezus t!ts, re-reading my last post makes me realize I need an editor ... :ROFLMAO:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
In a nutshell....under Fisher the defense got better while the offense got worse....until the team finally quit.

The defense really seemed to quit after the Miami game, when Fisher hung them out to dry with a 10 point lead. They had played good most weeks up to that time, after that game they play that well in any game for the rest of the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm too chicken to throw this idea out in a new thread, I'll try it here.

How about trying GRob at center? He's got the athleticism to be a C. Gets him away from the spotlight and flag tossing officials.

Just a thought.

I don't think he has the football IQ to play there. As move further inside, you have to be more intelligent and able to process things more quickly.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The defense really seemed to quit after the Miami game, when Fisher hung them out to dry with a 10 point lead. They had played good most weeks up to that time, after that game they play that well in any game for the rest of the season.
I feel like they quit during the Miami game.... Agree with the rest. IIRC, the week before, didn't Fisher give Keenum a game ball in the atrocious win over the Jets? He at least publicly applauded Case effort, which must have been an entire slap in the face to the defense. Then the Miami game and the stall ball, eek that just sucked

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I feel like they quit during the Miami game.... Agree with the rest. IIRC, the week before, didn't Fisher give Keenum a game ball in the atrocious win over the Jets? He at least publicly applauded Case effort, which must have been an entire slap in the face to the defense. Then the Miami game and the stall ball, eek that just sucked

Yeah, "during" is probably a more accurate assessment. Definitely another slap in the face of the defense by Fisher.

In different ways he disrespected both sides of the ball. Small wonder they finally quit on him.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Fisher has never had good offenses with the Rams. But they weren't as terrible until last season. I'm not sure what happened. They went from bad to terrible.

I gotta think that Fisher was steadfast in his belief than old school smash mouth running would win and defenses knew that. All they had to do was stack the box and take Gurley out of the equation. The receivers weren't good enough to separate and the line wasn't good enough to protect.

Just a bad combination of things. My hope is that the new system alone will keep defenses honest. We still need more at receiver and on the line though.

I was really disappointed that it didn't work out with Fisher....

I think I have a lot more respect for him than the average Ram fan.

But I have moved on to the McVay train.

Here we go!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was at that game. D pitched a shutout until the last 5 min of the game, when they played soft, 10 yds off the recievers. I couldn't believe the difference in play. No pressure from the DL,, Tannenhiill all of a sudden couldn't miss. I said it after the fin won, "the D gave up."

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
This might be the single biggest X factor on defense. If Quinn continues to slide we're going to have to seriously address the pass rush position. If he gets back to 100% this defense will wreck crap for QB's.

Donald and a Healthy Quinn scares Offensive Coordinators.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Logic dictates if the move was an issue, it would show up sooner than later. By the time the Rams were 4-1 into the season, the move would be a non-issue.... something other than the move is the cause of the 4-12

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
4-1 disputes that.

They started 3-1 and lost 4 games before the 3 FG game against the jets where Keenum got the game ball,followed by 7 more losses. Regardless the move to LA had less to do with the Rams problems than the lack of a move at the OC position.