Resign Britt and Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Lock these guys up before the season is over. I wouldn't want some other team to over pay for either of them and they leave. I think they have both earned it. Britt is even more valuable now that Quick will be rehabbing from injury as he is the only other big body WR we have. Hill should be on this team next year to start off the season or be the backup mentoring Bradford and a draft pick. Sign Britt for two years with an option for a third. Sign Hill for one with an option for a second year. Hekker was a good start. Let's get these two guys signed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Totally agree. Sam, Hill and draftee if the draftee can beat out Davis.

As the NFL keeps teaching us... you need depth at that position...

Alan

Legend
Yes.

Maybe.

We're going to have SB back next year regardless and if we draft a QB in the top three rounds I'd want him to be our backup. Hill would be a very expensive 3rd string QB. He'll be 104 years old next year too.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I agree, and since we're on the topic we've got to start thinking about extending for the 2016 FA class too. It doesn't have to be done now, but next season Brock, Barron, Quick, JJenks, TruJo, Zuerlein, Benny are all in their last seasons, not to mention Bradford if he's still here, and quite a few others like Hayes/Langford/Sims, so we have to see what's best for the football team and preferably most of those guys don't hit FA where we have to bid against other people. Now there might be options for some of those guys, but we have to start thinking about them too because a lot those guys are the core of our team and what we do now could affect how we handle their contracts.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yes.

Maybe.

We're going to have SB back next year regardless and if we draft a QB in the top three rounds I'd want him to be our backup. Hill would be a very expensive 3rd string QB. He'll be 104 years old next year too.
So he's only a couple years older then you right Alan? :ROFLMAO:;)

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes.

Maybe.

If they draft a qb high next year I think it would be smart of them to have three QBs on the roster. We all know about Bradford and his injury history. If he gets hurt again, it would be good to have Hill on the roster. If the rookie is good enough to play then that's great. If not then we know that Hill can lead this team to wins. That's why I would sign him for at least just one more season.

Alan

Legend
Legatron4 giving me a compliment:
So he's only a couple years older then you right Alan? :ROFLMAO:;)
Nah, he's just another young tadpole I mentored in college. But I am looking good aren't I?:eek:

Alan

Legend
Zombie Slayer liking the magic number 3:
If they draft a qb high next year I think it would be smart of them to have three QBs on the roster. We all know about Bradford and his injury history. If he gets hurt again, it would be good to have Hill on the roster. If the rookie is good enough to play then that's great. If not then we know that Hill can lead this team to wins. That's why I would sign him for at least just one more season.
I agree completely with all that up to the Hill part. We do need three QBs ALL on the roster. I'm just wondering if we can afford to pay someone that much money to be our 3rd string QB. Plus, remember when Trent Green came here? Sometimes guys just suddenly get to old to be effective anymore. Examples like Manning and Brady aren't the norm IMO. If we can afford him and the money is only guaranteed for one year then sure. Or maybe your right and Hill's the safest/best way to go. I don't know enough about who's going to be available in FA/Draft to form an educated opinion yet. That's why I said maybe. :)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I honestly don't know if there'll be room for Hill next year. Pretty much everyone is calling for the Rams to bring back Bradford and then draft a "plan 1A" QB high who would by his very nature take that 2nd QB spot.

I don't know if I've ever seen a team carry someone with as many years in the League as Hill as QB3. You ordinarily want someone you can develop back there.

That said, I could be wrong.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Just like Saffold last year these two are MUST signs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yes.

Maybe.

I don't know, I think QBs are being pushed too hard to start. Look at AD and RG3. If you have Sam and Hill, you can win. Sam is the crusher and Hill is the manager. Next season is the Rams best possible shot at a SB in a long time.

I'd go with the guys who know the system and we know can get it done. Why throw a wildcard into the mix?

There are rumors here that Hill doesn't work out in the off season though, so that may need to be addressed.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I wouldn't touch Hill with a new deal unless Sam falls apart....Draft a rookie....and find somebody else that can lead us in case Sam goes down....

Britt is a no-brainer....geez I feel broke after last night....:(

Alan

Legend
RamzFanz wanting it now:
I don't know, I think QBs are being pushed too hard to start. Look at AD and RG3. If you have Sam and Hill, you can win. Sam is the crusher and Hill is the manager. Next season is the Rams best possible shot at a SB in a long time.

I'd go with the guys who know the system and we know can get it done. Why throw a wildcard into the mix?
I understand where you and the rest of your notorious Hill gang are coming from. :LOL: It could easily be the way to go. I have two problems with it though.

First, I refuse to have a negative attitude about the future state of Sam's health. He's going to be fine and we're going all the way to the SB with him. So I want a high quality (because my attitude isn't that positive :LOL:) developmental QB getting all 2nd string backup reps.

Second, you're going all in on next year and I'm not that brave. I think we needed to draft a quality developmental QB already and we didn't. Of course I was one of the guys lobbying against it at the time LOL. I think I was too short sighted and I don't want to do that again. Even old guys can learn. Thank Buddha it only sticks with them for a few days. :D

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I honestly don't know if there'll be room for Hill next year. Pretty much everyone is calling for the Rams to bring back Bradford and then draft a "plan 1A" QB high who would by his very nature take that 2nd QB spot.

I don't know if I've ever seen a team carry someone with as many years in the League as Hill as QB3. You ordinarily want someone you can develop back there.

That said, I could be wrong.
What I like best about Fisher is he doesn't give a flyin frick about public pressure or PR. People wanted sammy watkins or someone flashy but we got GRob (think for a minute how completely fucked we'd be right now without GRob after Long went down). With Bradford back next year the approach is chips all in and put a steel wall in front of Bradford with Hill behind Bradford. 1st round OL and another in FA or w/e (do whatever in the 2nd round maybe even QB). If people want us to win now then you take that approach and not waste it on some running QB (not working out well for most of them) or non franchise worthy QB. Thats just IMHO what i think Fisher is thinking, build smart and don't skip layers. And Hill can preform immediately with that if called in.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I understand where you and the rest of your notorious Hill gang are coming from. :LOL: It could easily be the way to go. I have two problems with it though.

First, I refuse to have a negative attitude about the future state of Sam's health. He's going to be fine and we're going all the way to the SB with him. So I want a high quality (because my attitude isn't that positive :LOL:) developmental QB getting all 2nd string backup reps.

Second, you're going all in on next year and I'm not that brave. I think we needed to draft a quality developmental QB already and we didn't. Of course I was one of the guys lobbying against it at the time LOL. I think I was too short sighted and I don't want to do that again. Even old guys can learn. Thank Buddha it only sticks with them for a few days. :D

Oh, I want a developmental QB too! A guy to watch SB and be mentored by the experienced Hill. Absolutely.

No way I make him number 2 over a proven commodity who is seasoned in this offense assuming Rams win out or at least make a solid go of it with no meltdown. That would end up looking like the first half of this season. Sam for the blowout, Hill for the experience and production, future QB learning how to play.

This team is a perfect storm. Everything coming together at once. No WAY would I hand that to a rookie QB if Sam went down at any point next season.

RamzFanz

Damnit
What I like best about Fisher is he doesn't give a flyin frick about public pressure or PR. People wanted sammy watkins or someone flashy but we got GRob (think for a minute how completely fucked we'd be right now without GRob after Long went down). With Bradford back next year the approach is chips all in and put a steel wall in front of Bradford with Hill behind Bradford. 1st round OL and another in FA or w/e (do whatever in the 2nd round maybe even QB). If people want us to win now then you take that approach and not waste it on some running QB (not working out well for most of them) or non franchise worthy QB. Thats just IMHO what i think Fisher is thinking, build smart and don't skip layers. And Hill can preform immediately with that if called in.

The D has dominated in all of Hill's win so we need to see how he plays it out before we nominate him as SBs backup, but I sure agree with you.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I agree with keeping Hill. He has proven that we can win with him. Then we aren't in such a do or die position on draft day and even if we somehow get the qb of our dreams from the draft and SB comes back and stays healthy for a while, we have a proven backup and won't be forced to play a rookie.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I really don't think it has anything to do with public pressure or PR. I just don't see either Hill or a highly drafted QB as #3.

Now, the Rams might decide not to take a QB high this year either... but if they did that and Bradford went down again, it would be hard to justify a new contract for Fisher and Snead.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I really don't think it has anything to do with public pressure or PR. I just don't see either Hill or a highly drafted QB as #3.

Now, the Rams might decide not to take a QB high this year either... but if they did that and Bradford went down again, it would be hard to justify a new contract for Fisher and Snead.

You see Hill as the 2?