Report: Top 3 Offseason Needs: Los Angeles Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He's proven himself as no better than Brian Quick as a wide receiver, given more opportunities. And that's really pathetic.

But the worst aspect of this is the cost, and that's where Quick looks like a super great value by comparison. 10 million a year for that turd, you just can't polish it. And that's what's wrong with the team. Because the dollars could have, and should have been spent elsewhere.

Instead, they let real talent, like Jenkins walk. Ugly, just plain ugly.
You're missing the bigger picture here. Tavon is a Swiss Army knife. He can be a WR, RB, PR, KR. Brian Quick is just a bad receiver. That's all he is. Plus, Austin has scored 23 total touchdowns compared to Quicks 10 in one less season. I don't know how this is a sound argument.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
You're missing the bigger picture here. Tavon is a Swiss Army knife. He can be a WR, RB, PR, KR. Brian Quick is just a bad receiver. That's all he is. Plus, Austin has scored 23 total touchdowns compared to Quicks 10 in one less season. I don't know how this is a sound argument.
I know the big picture, but looking even bigger, we are what, last place, second last place offensively?

The focus of developing the play from the backfield so much has hurt this team, a relic of the Fisher era in a passing league, and it's no secret that the league has figured out how to stop us.

The main threat is your quarterback, and the main decoy to that threat is your running back. Adding a third threat to your backfield on a consistent basis really just allows defenses to focus their attack on the backfield, essentially making things worse for the quarterback, especially when your only viable threat outside is Britt, which when you think about it really makes Britt kind of special to this team.

Anyway, to me the other thing hurting this team is the high number of targets to a guy who's a league leader in drops, because we all know that this is a team that just can't afford to squander missed opportunities on offense.

It's not a knock on the kid personally, but his value to this team just isn't what they need or worth what they're paying. Of course it's a forgone conclusion that McVay has no loyalty to a draft choice from a previous regime that isn't working out.