Report: Top 3 Offseason Needs: Los Angeles Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I agree, in the sense that 500 yards is unacceptable, for a starter. But there are many part time players in the league with that, or less yards. But Quick, was a starter. I wouldn't be able to bring him back if the decision was mine.
The only way I bring him back is as a 4th or 5th stringer. Look at some of the better passing teams in the league.

The Redskins had 6 receivers with 500 yards or more. Brian Quick would be their 5th leading receiver.

The Saints had 4 receivers over 600 yards and 2 guys over 1100 yards.

The Falcons had Julio Jones with 1400 yards but also had 2 guys over 500 yards. Quick would be 4th in yardage.

It's just crazy to me that some of you guys actually consider bringing this cancer back AGAIN.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Damn, did Quick take your girlfriend or something? He's certainly not great but to say he's the worst receiver in the NFL is nonsense.
Worse then that. He's taken up my time as a Rams fan. I've given into his hype for 5 years and I'm done with it. He wouldn't make it as a starter on any other team. So yes, he's one of the worst in the league as a number 2 receiver.

SierraRam

Recreational User
It's just crazy to me that some of you guys actually consider bringing this cancer back AGAIN.

You're right - it is crazy that we might consider keeping Quick. But our WR core is so poor, we're forced to. Keep Britt, sign Garcon, draft a top wr prospect, develop Spruce.... and it's bye bye Brian

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
The only way I bring him back is as a 4th or 5th stringer. Look at some of the better passing teams in the league.

The Redskins had 6 receivers with 500 yards or more. Brian Quick would be their 5th leading receiver.

The Saints had 4 receivers over 600 yards and 2 guys over 1100 yards.

The Falcons had Julio Jones with 1400 yards but also had 2 guys over 500 yards. Quick would be 4th in yardage.

Calling him a cancer is a bit harsh, I don't know of any off field or locker room issues. The dude isn't good but that doesn't make him a cancer.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Calling him a cancer is a bit harsh, I don't know of any off field or locker room issues. The dude isn't good but that doesn't make him a cancer.
He's a cancer because of his laziness and inability to bring out his best when it counts. The INT vs the 49ers was some of the worst effort I've ever seen on an outroute. He should be banned from the building after that crap.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a cancer because of his laziness and inability to bring out his best when it counts. The INT vs the 49ers was some of the worst effort I've ever seen on an outroute. He should be banned from the building after that crap.
Sorry when I read a guys a cancer I think of a player who brings everybody down by their attitude and work ethic. Quick sucks IMO he's not a cancer I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Sorry when I read a guys a cancer I think of a player who brings everybody down by their attitude and work ethic. Quick sucks IMO he's not a cancer I guess we'll agree to disagree.
I understand what you're saying. I do agree with you but there's young WRs on this team who probably looked up to him this year. He's not a good example. Maybe cancer was too harsh of a word. But I expect a lot more from our team this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand what you're saying. I do agree with you but there's young WRs on this team who probably looked up to him this year. He's not a good example. Maybe cancer was too harsh of a word. But I expect a lot more from our team this year.
Agreed! Back to the topic at hand :D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He is lost on the field. Has no feel for the game. His routes are so bad. He just runs the basic tree.
yet, he caught 40 passes...

He had 405 yards and 3 TDs the first 8 games. His last 8? 159 yards. That's awful. You and I could do that. 19 ypg? That's bad. Bad bad bad.
That's the funny part, what happened? Did Boras forget about him? His production matched the teams success. That is, while he was at his best, the offense was moving. Decent even. Then all of a sudden, what? Lots of things are wrong with this offense. Quick isn't one of them. Neither is Britt. Neither was Cook.

But Quick, was a starter.
He started maybe 2 games...When Tavon sat out...and when Britt sat out...Besides then, when was he considered a starter? When was he a priority in getting involved in the offensive plan?
Guy has faults, but for his money, this scheme, and his involvement in the game plan, he did what was expected of him. There is no way that he's still not one of the top 2 wr's on this team.

WR's are a dime a dozen. The QB's make the wr...not the other way around. Put a QB, a good system, and a conscious effort to keep him involved, his numbers would increase. If we try to replace what he brings by grabbing another player....I'd expect to be disappointed.

lockdnram21

Legend
You're right - it is crazy that we might consider keeping Quick. But our WR core is so poor, we're forced to. Keep Britt, sign Garcon, draft a top wr prospect, develop Spruce.... and it's bye bye Brian
Jbwant be able to afford Britt and Garcon

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want no part of Brian QUIT on this team ....the guy can steal a pay check froim another team ,,,if there is someone dumb enough to give him a contract ,,, if i was Mcvay id have already told him to pack up his shit GTFO

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'd say Center is just as important as Left tackle...And Right tackle is just as important as Right Guard....I'm assuming that several of our existing players can be salvaged.

In truth all five OL positions were in trending fast & hard towards fail mode when the season came to an end. Assuming that the OLG post is just fine because that where Rodger Saffold started most of his games is "Fools Gold" too.

The new Ram offensive coaches will have to do their home work here on what is really here in the OL. The RT post should have a boatload of OT candidates like Havenstein (M) , Donnal, Robinson, Williams (M) , Murphy & Saffold to select from. I feel comfortable with whom we have presently here that we can fill this ORT post with good Ol'ers here.

Yes @LACHAMP46 the center post must have much better effective performance than in 2016. But I would not throw out Rhaney & Barnes so fast leaving the cupboard empty. Fact is Tim Barnes did suffer a serious lower ankle/foot damage at the midway point so this should be taken into consideration. Barnes could have elected to go out & gone IR but Tim remained in the lineup due to the reserve situation behind him. He played through pain till the end of season.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Brian Quick, the disappointment.

I won't argue that he's been a disappointment, not one bit. But after his disappointing rookie season, has there been any hype at all around the guy? And if we're being honest, there were always a lot of people like me who were just never fans of the pick in the first place. In a lot of ways it was just another reach on an athletic pick based on potential that may likely never be realized. But the Fisher regime is loaded with those everywhere, and this is one of those picks that is at least contributing.

Now we all know that since the quarterback of the future is here now, it's a race to get him some viable targets to work with. And common sense states that you're going to be dipping into the free agency pool to make that happen, which is the same thing that you're going to do with the devil you know in Britt and Quick when deciding who to keep. But who on this list is seriously overpaid?

Ranking Player Receptions Targets Yards
25 Kenny Britt 68 111 1,002
86 Brian Quick 41 79 564
99 Tavon Austin 58 107 509
100 Lance Kendricks 50 88 499

Tavon Austin got 4 years and 42,000,000 right? He also got 107 receptions, I'll just call them opportunities, and somehow ranks below Brian Quick?

Oh, I get it, the coaches are to blame for Austin's poor performance. It's all on the coaching staff with that guy. But not so for Brian Quick?

I'm calling BS here. If Brian Quick is only a #4/5 wide out, then where where exactly does that place the guy that's getting over 10 million a year?

Oh, I get it, but Austin was already guaranteed 28,500,000, so I guess that means that they're stuck with him. Decisions like that signing are exactly what has been holding this team back for so long.

Brian Quick is just another misguided attempt at scapegoating what's wrong with the team. He's far from the worst receiver on this team. Not in terms of yards and most certainly not from a value perspective.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In truth all five OL positions were in trending fast & hard towards fail mode when the season came to an end. Assuming that the OLG post is just fine because that where Rodger Saffold started most of his games is "Fools Gold" too.

The new Ram offensive coaches will have to do their home work here on what is really here in the OL. The RT post should have a boatload of OT candidates like Havenstein (M) , Donnal, Robinson, Williams (M) , Murphy & Saffold to select from. I feel comfortable with whom we have presently here that we can fill this ORT post with good Ol'ers here.

Yes @LACHAMP46 the center post must have much better effective performance than in 2016. But I would not throw out Rhaney & Barnes so fast leaving the cupboard empty. Fact is Tim Barnes did suffer a serious lower ankle/foot damage at the midway point so this should be taken into consideration. Barnes could have elected to go out & gone IR but Tim remained in the lineup due to the reserve situation behind him. He played through pain till the end of season.
A lot of if's & question marks. We should get a good idea quickly & before the draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
yet, he caught 40 passes...

That's the funny part, what happened? Did Boras forget about him? His production matched the teams success. That is, while he was at his best, the offense was moving. Decent even. Then all of a sudden, what? Lots of things are wrong with this offense. Quick isn't one of them. Neither is Britt. Neither was Cook.

He started maybe 2 games...When Tavon sat out...and when Britt sat out...Besides then, when was he considered a starter? When was he a priority in getting involved in the offensive plan?
Guy has faults, but for his money, this scheme, and his involvement in the game plan, he did what was expected of him. There is no way that he's still not one of the top 2 wr's on this team.

WR's are a dime a dozen. The QB's make the wr...not the other way around. Put a QB, a good system, and a conscious effort to keep him involved, his numbers would increase. If we try to replace what he brings by grabbing another player....I'd expect to be disappointed.

Brian Quick did catch the first TD of the year in LA. He did make some good plays. I just still think The Rams need to move on from Brian Quick , unless McVay thinks he can be a Quick Fix ??, not a WR who will stop his route for a pick 6 ?? I like the younger WR's & tonbring in a couple Vets . -- I know you wanted Quicks numbers to be better & get more playing time the last few games. I'll continue to say move on & let Les Snead save a little face.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

I won't argue that he's been a disappointment, not one bit. But after his disappointing rookie season, has there been any hype at all around the guy? And if we're being honest, there were always a lot of people like me who were just never fans of the pick in the first place. In a lot of ways it was just another reach on an athletic pick based on potential that may likely never be realized. But the Fisher regime is loaded with those everywhere, and this is one of those picks that is at least contributing.

Now we all know that since the quarterback of the future is here now, it's a race to get him some viable targets to work with. And common sense states that you're going to be dipping into the free agency pool to make that happen, which is the same thing that you're going to do with the devil you know in Britt and Quick when deciding who to keep. But who on this list is seriously overpaid?

86 Brian Quick 41 79 564

Tavon Austin got 4 years and 42,000,000 right? He also got 107 receptions, I'll just call them opportunities, and somehow ranks below Brian Quick?

Oh, I get it, the coaches are to blame for Austin's poor performance. It's all on the coaching staff with that guy. But not so for Brian Quick?

I'm calling BS here. If Brian Quick is only a #4/5 wide out, then where where exactly does that place the guy that's getting over 10 million a year?

Oh, I get it, but Austin was already guaranteed 28,500,000, so I guess that means that they're stuck with him. Decisions like that signing are exactly what has been holding this team back for so long.

Brian Quick is just another misguided attempt at scapegoating what's wrong with the team. He's far from the worst receiver on this team. Not in terms of yards and most certainly not from a value perspective.
The difference is, Austin has proven himself. Almost 1000 total yards between rushing and receiving plus 10 total touchdowns. Quick hasn't come close to that type of production.

BQ is everything that's wrong with this team. Lazy routes, terrible hands and no brains. He's a biproduct of Jeff Fisher. The first bad decision under his regime. Wipe the shit off our hands and start over. He has to go.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

86 Brian Quick 41 79 564

That depends on who you ask. Austin makes me just as angry as Quick does. The only difference is that Austin has showed some redeeming value as a running threat/decoy. He's a great #2 or #3 running back, but we're paying him like a #1 receiver.

I firmly believe that players either produce or they don't. Rookies get a pass, second year players may get a pass based on circumstances. Year the and beyond, they are what they are. Brian Quick has been underperforming since year three, Austin has been a subpar wide receiver since year three. It is what it is.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
The difference is, Austin has proven himself. Almost 1000 total yards between rushing and receiving plus 10 total touchdowns. Quick hasn't come close to that type of production.

BQ is everything that's wrong with this team. Lazy routes, terrible hands and no brains. He's a biproduct of Jeff Fisher. The first bad decision under his regime. Wipe the crap off our hands and start over. He has to go.
He's proven himself as no better than Brian Quick as a wide receiver, given more opportunities. And that's really pathetic.

But the worst aspect of this is the cost, and that's where Quick looks like a super great value by comparison. 10 million a year for that turd, you just can't polish it. And that's what's wrong with the team. Because the dollars could have, and should have been spent elsewhere.

Instead, they let real talent, like Jenkins walk. Ugly, just plain ugly.