Report: Suh is a problem in the locker room

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...st-could-game-be-played-just-in-time/related/

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was reportedly a problem within Detroit’s locker room last season, and getting Suh under control may be among the biggest tasks for new head coach Jim Caldwell.

Heath Evans, the former NFL fullback turned FOX analyst, says three players on the Lions told him when he was working Lions games last season that Suh was a major headache.

“The consistent message that came out of there is that Suh was uncontrollable and that he would constantly do things to kind of show his power over Jim Schwartz, whether it was team meetings, showing up late, or whatever it may be,” Evans told of 105.1 FM, via the Detroit Free Press. “When you don’t put players in line, I don’t care how great they are.”

Evans says Suh has an air about him that he’s above everyone else.

“The bottom line is he would just do things, whether it was showing up for a meeting late, or little different antics to kind of let the team know … it was more or less Suh just trying to show his dominance, his power,” Evans said. “That he was basically untouchable and he could basically do what he wanted to do.”

Evans’s comments may need to be taken with a grain of salt for a couple reasons. For one, Evans doesn’t have a track record of breaking news about the Lions, so we’re not sure just how reliable his reporting is here. For another, Evans does havea track record of backtracking when his inflammatory statements are called into question.

Still, this isn’t the first time reports have surfaced that Suh’s issues go beyond the well-publicized incidents like stomping on Evan Dietrich-Smith and kickingMatt Schaub in the groin. Which raises some tough questions about whether the Lions should want Suh to be a major part of their franchise going forward. As a No. 2 overall pick from the days before the current rookie salary structure, Suh has an enormous cap hit: He’ll count $22.4 million against the Lions’ salary cap this year. As a result, there’s been talk that the Lions will try to lock Suh up to a long-term contract that provides some immediate cap relief. Suh has undeniable talent, but if he’s a problem in the locker room, the Lions might be better off investing elsewhere.

V3

Hall of Fame
Yeesh. For a DT?

Another reason it was almost impossible for the Rams to take Suh over Bradford. A struggling team can't put that kind of cap money towards a position like DT.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I wanted Suh in 2010. Glad we got Sam! Wasn't all that aggravated when we got him as I knew we needed a qb. What an ass Suh turned out to be!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Wow I never would of thought he was that type of guy.... guess I was wrong with my assessment of him off the field.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
22 mill??? WOW! They could get just as good of a DT for half the price.

There was never a debate for me on Suh/Bradford, now it's even more non-existent.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Funny. Turns out that Gerald McCoy may have been the best pick of the top 3. And I remember posters saying they would go ballistic if the Rams took him when guys like Charlie Casserley and Todd McShay said he was the best DT in the draft.

Suh is certainly an excellent DT, but he's not the elite HOF guy that he was expected to be.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah he was that year's Clowney as I recall ,we ONLY picked Sam because he was a QB and there was this NEED we had:cool:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone tried to point out to me how intelligent Suh is.

I laugh everytime I hear it.