Report: Relationship between Garoppolo and Shanahan “Not all Rosy”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

REPORT: RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN 49ERS’ JIMMY GAROPPOLO AND KYLE SHANAHAN IS ‘NOT ALL ROSY’

This is the last thing 49ers fans want to see.

Jimmy Garoppolo had his first outing on the field Monday night since his ACL injury 11 months ago when he faced off against the Denver Broncos and it was not all good.

The 49ers star QB completed just one of his six pass attempts for zero yards and an interception. It earned him a 0.0 passer rating.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen jumped onto the Russillo Show podcast with Ryen Russillo two days later and stated that the relationship between Jimmy G and the head coach isn’t all well as it may seem on the outside.

View: https://twitter.com/johnmiddlekauff/status/1164771081363705858?s=21

Mortensen also commented on the podcast that he could envision the 49ers moving on from Garoppolo and proceeded to drop this take:

“Obviously, he tore his ACL early in the season last year, but I think there’s been some other things that I don’t think Kyle Shanahan likes what he sees,” Mortensen said. “I’m not sure if it’s prep or — Kyle, I think he’s one of the top three offensive coordinators in football […] Mentally, you’d better be able to keep up with Kyle. Kyle, I’m not sure he’s a patient, patient guy, especially when it comes to quarterbacks.

“They’re at the point where they want to win. John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan are kind of tied at the hip there. I’m anxious to see what happens at the start of the season with Garoppolo if they don’t think he’s ready.”

Mort even quaestions whether Jimmy G would even be the starter for the 49ers’ game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on September 8.

“I heard it hasn’t been pretty,” Mortensen adds. “I heard what we’ve seen in preseason is kind of what we were seeing in practice a bit.”

On Friday, head coach Kyle Shanahan joined KNBR and responded back to those damning comments from Mort.

“I think learning the playbook is done,” Shanahan said on the “Murph and Mac” show. “You can learn the playbook pretty fast. It’s not like we’re doing brain surgery here. You learn the playbook pretty fast. It’s about performing it consistently. The way that happens is you play in games, you get a lot of playing time, you go through some ups and downs.

“Jimmy has had 10 career games. That was one of the most disappointing things for me personally. What I was looking forward to last year was knowing, alright, this is going to be the first season Jimmy gets to go in as a starter and gets to play a season as a true NFL quarterback.

“He only got to play two-and-a-half games. That was the most frustrating part. Not that he doesn’t get to learn the offense of anything, that he doesn’t get to go rep the offense. And now you get to take a whole year off and miss pretty much all of OTAs — he was only allowed to do 7-on-7, which is not real football — and then you throw him into training camp full-go.

“He’s had some real good weeks; he’s had some real good practices. But as (with) everyone, it is up and down. It’s very well-documented that he had one very bad practice, the five-interception practice. Unfortunately, that was followed by not a great outing from our whole starting offense and the 12 plays they got.

“I think it’s pretty normal this time of year for people to blow that up, but it is what it is. I think it’s pretty obvious; the guy is coming back from an ACL, he hasn’t played in a lot of games, and he needs to get out there and play football.”

History has told us that athletes coming back from an ACL injury need up to a year to get back to the high level they were playing at before the injury. That means the 2019 NFL season might be lost because of it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i wonder if their dumbfuck fans are still happy with their deluded thoughts that the whiners "tricked" the rams into hiring mcvay?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hey KYLE SHANAHAN, how about a 2'nd round pick for Blake Bortles ?

:oops:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I love the dysfunction that the 9ers provide us year in and year out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cardnals BLOW and the Niners BLOW. Hawks, you're next up on the sucky scale of misery!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ve got the 49’ers game recording, tonight, on my DVR.

I want to watch JG. There is something going on.., suddenly a lot of doubt buzzing.

fearsomefour

Legend
He would have to get injured to lose his job. Unless he is bad for weeks. Getting paid too much.
I can see why there was some hype around him, he does some things very well.
But in terms of game performance Mullins played just as well.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My relationship with my beer isn’t all that rosy. It seems the more I drink of it the less of it actually goes where it should. I’ve tried different game plans but it always proves disappointing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Listening to the radio today they were discussing someone from the Patriots saying he was their worst practice player. But the best part was Bucky Brooks going full reverse and all in denial about being on the Jimmy G bandwagon.

It was glorious lmao.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My relationship with my beer isn’t all that rosy. It seems the more I drink of it the less of it actually goes where it should. I’ve tried different game plans but it always proves disappointing.
Don't give up. Sometimes you just have to work through it

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not a problem. You just need special equipment to get over the hump.

ray of sunshine beer hat.png