Report: Rams now worth $2.9Billion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
This makes me think of a good question. Would the rams own that stadium or would Kroenke? Is the $2B stadium included? I would say no.
That would depend on the terms of a teams sale, if he were to sell the team. It's also worth noting he isn't the sole owner of the stadium so he's splitting the cost listed (not sure how the split works) and being a partner that would complicate any sale as well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for the topic "that's nice" doesn't have anything to do with what we see on the field of play.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
The Rams were worth about $900 mil before the move. So he gets his own stadium bought and paid for from the valuation created by moving, right? Plus, I don't even think the stadium is included in the Rams net worth.

Doesn't work that way. He may borrow against this valuation (though most lenders would use their own evaluation of the actual books - note that Forbe's is a estimate based on limited public information shared) or in theory he could sell 2/3 of the teams to pay for the stadium. It is like having your house go up in value....it isn't just cash to spend.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I went to this one website called Google that's pretty dandy and typed in 'Arsenal'. It said: "Arsenal Football Club is an English professional football club based in Holloway, London, that plays in the Premier League, the top flight of English football".

Pretty neat huh!

Soccer? about as interesting as our offense
ILhT7HM.gif

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Kroenke cares more for money than he does for wins. This has been evident elsewhere with his other sports clubs. Look at Arsenal for the best example.

Cant really compare European soccer to American football. Just one huge difference is the salary cap and how you acquire players. I could say maybe its kind of equivalent if Kroenke didn't spend to the cap every year or if the rams didn't have the biggest coaching staff in the league and one of the highest paid coaches.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Cant really compare European soccer to American football. Just one huge difference is the salary cap and how you acquire players. I could say maybe its kind of equivalent if Kroenke didn't spend to the cap every year or if the rams didn't have the biggest coaching staff in the league and one of the highest paid coaches.

Ok, pick the Denver teams he owns then.

Where is his track record of winning in any sport? His track record of making money speaks for itself.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Ok, pick the Denver teams he owns then.

Where is his track record of winning in any sport? His track record of making money speaks for itself.

Wasn't aware the owners played the game. Is he in it to make money? Of course he is name a billionaire owner who isn't in it for that. ALL owners get to where they are by being in it for the money.

There are different types of owners. Kroenke clearly isn't the Stan Kroenke Jerry Jones Dan snyder type who takes part in the day to day and meddles with the sports people. What he does do is try to hire the best people and let them do their thing. Wegner is among the highest paid managers and renowned for his football knowledge. Fisher despite his massive limitations is one the highest paid coaches in the league and has alot of people in the coaching community who recommend him highly. I don't know what he can do beside pay top dollar for the best possible people to run the show.

Kroenke is a touchy subject so we probably wont agree on this. I don't really care one way or another as long as he is shelling out the dough because I root for the team not the owner. Perfectly in your right to hate him if you do. Won't blame you there.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doesn't work that way. He may borrow against this valuation (though most lenders would use their own evaluation of the actual books - note that Forbe's is a estimate based on limited public information shared) or in theory he could sell 2/3 of the teams to pay for the stadium. It is like having your house go up in value....it isn't just cash to spend.
Oh, I know it isn't cash, but it's a hell of a lot of equity. He could potentially sell the franchise right now for 3 times what it was worth last year.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Wasn't aware the owners played the game. Is he in it to make money? Of course he is name a billionaire owner who isn't in it for that. ALL owners get to where they are by being in it for the money.

There are different types of owners. Kroenke clearly isn't the Stan Kroenke Jerry Jones Dan snyder type who takes part in the day to day and meddles with the sports people. What he does do is try to hire the best people and let them do their thing. Wegner is among the highest paid managers and renowned for his football knowledge. Fisher despite his massive limitations is one the highest paid coaches in the league and has alot of people in the coaching community who recommend him highly. I don't know what he can do beside pay top dollar for the best possible people to run the show.

Kroenke is a touchy subject so we probably wont agree on this. I don't really care one way or another as long as he is shelling out the dough because I root for the team not the owner. Perfectly in your right to hate him if you do. Won't blame you there.

I don't hate anybody, life's too short.

Rumours of an extension for a .500 coach is my issue. If Kroenke does that to me it shows he doesn't care about winning so long as he is making some cash.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As for the topic "that's nice" doesn't have anything to do with what we see on the field of play.
We have enough threads about how much we suck on the field, not really too much to add. We sucked, we need new coaches and lots of opinions about our QB situation. I thought I might add a little something different. If you want to discuss our play on the field, you shouldn't have a hard time finding a thread.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
After Monday Night's loss and embarrassment, they are now worth 2.8 billion.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have enough threads about how much we suck on the field, not really too much to add. We sucked, we need new coaches and lots of opinions about our QB situation. I thought I might add a little something different. If you want to discuss our play on the field, you shouldn't have a hard time finding a thread.
Wasn't a dig at starting the topic sorry if you thought I was. Just an opinion really that it's too bad value and field results aren't more in tune.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
That would depend on the terms of a teams sale, if he were to sell the team. It's also worth noting he isn't the sole owner of the stadium so he's splitting the cost listed (not sure how the split works) and being a partner that would complicate any sale as well.

My question was pretty much, who owns the stadium, Kroenke or The Rams org. I have a buddy who runs a non profit where the org owns everything but I would imagine Kroenke (and some others as you mentioned) owning the stadium. Which means that the evaluation wouldn't include the stadium. I'm sure he could package the two in a sale if he wanted, but that would inflate the price if he was to sell. This seems like a fantastic business decision, no wonder he was so gung-ho about the move.

Goes to show you, location location location!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn't a dig at starting the topic sorry if you thought I was. Just an opinion really that it's too bad value and field results aren't more in tune.

I don't think Stan can afford to shit the bed now, he isn't even close to achieving the value he is looking for. I have read that the value could reach $5Billion. Surely he wants to have a top quality team when he starts selling naming rights, PSLs and suites which could start next year. At this point in time, a good team should be important to Stan.
I always read where Stan doesn't care about the team, just money, but every year he spends up to the salary cap. When he hired a coach, he didn't go cheap, he gave Fisher and staff top dollar.He spends the same amount of money win or lose, so of course he wants to win, it only adds value to his product.
Stan has a lot of things on his plate and doesn't micro manage his team like Jerry Jones does. He hires what he thinks are the best people available and expects them to get the job done. He is very patient and doesn't make rash decisions. Look how long he waited for the LA deal to come to fruition.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My question was pretty much, who owns the stadium, Kroenke or The Rams org. I have a buddy who runs a non profit where the org owns everything but I would imagine Kroenke (and some others as you mentioned) owning the stadium. Which means that the evaluation wouldn't include the stadium. I'm sure he could package the two in a sale if he wanted, but that would inflate the price if he was to sell. This seems like a fantastic business decision, no wonder he was so gung-ho about the move.

Goes to show you, location location location!
At this poin I'd guess Kroenke owns it. His other US stadiums/arenas are listed as owned by Kroenke Sports.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The figure was 5 billion, before the game :rimshot: