Report: Rams Nearing Final Deal To Spend Part of Training Camp With Cowboys In CA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yes it makes sense, outside the fact the team is rumored to move there. If there were no rumors I wouldn't care. This just is either a low blow move by the Rams are they are naïve.

They know what they're doing.

I am not reading too much into this.

If we're playing Oakland at the same period, why not?

EDIT: but I do agree the scene it will create is not productive

I'm not reading much into it either, but Oakland and Oxnard aren't close at all, they'll be flying between the two areas.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They are going to the place they are rumored to be moving to. If that's not a kick to the groin I don't know what is.
Fro, never even crossed my mind...in fact, as I keep seeing the Inglewood "site", there isn't any way a team is playing football there...This is all pomp & circumstance...A way to get in the tax payers pockets and have them begging "please don't leave!!!" Seriously...2 billion to move, $500 million to stay...Stan is no fool...he's just trying to get a new stadium for as close to free as possible in the Lou...

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sure, Fisher wants it to be a circus here. Perfect timing. The reporters will ask everyone questions regarding a move to LA. Theres going to be a packs of LA Rams fans, holding signs and screaming bring back the Rams. Jerry Jones goes to Oxnard every year with the team. He supports Stan moving to LA vocally like no other owner. If someone asks Jerry a question regarding the Rams and LA, what do you think he would say? I guess Fisher likes distractions. Out of the 20 years they picked this year? Stan has tricks up his sleeves, as you guys are well aware.

If I had to put money down, I'd bet that Fisher didn't make the suggestion, and probably doesn't care for it much.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Point well taken, however, something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If I had to put money down, I'd bet that Fisher didn't make the suggestion, and probably doesn't care for it much.

You mean California's Native Son?
Fisher-USC-SI.jpg

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Looks up at the sky. Yup just checking the sky's still not falling guys 5 simple letters R E L A X.

bluecoconuts

Legend
You mean California's Native Son?
Fisher-USC-SI.jpg

Not that he doesn't like LA, he obviously loves it, but he's smart and knows the crap he's gonna hear about it from the media. Kroenke and Demoff know it to, they're not dumb.

Fisher likely doesn't like it for the attention and potential distraction it'll cause, if the Rams weren't rumored to move I think he'd be pretty happy. People will connect dots, even if they don't need to.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fro, never even crossed my mind...in fact, as I keep seeing the Inglewood "site", there isn't any way a team is playing football there...This is all pomp & circumstance...A way to get in the tax payers pockets and have them begging "please don't leave!!!" Seriously...2 billion to move, $500 million to stay...Stan is no fool...he's just trying to get a new stadium for as close to free as possible in the Lou...
Not sure I disagree with this. It seems that the goal has been to apply as much pressure as possible toward an end goal of getting a deal done quicker than what we've seen in other cities. This may very well be Stan ratcheting up the pressure yet again in any area he can. I don't really think he needs this to drum up support in LA. I think he wants to put the full court press on St Louis to offer him a very good deal and then use that as a starting point to negotiate a better one.

I don't buy that it is a happy coincidence.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not that he doesn't like LA, he obviously loves it, but he's smart and knows the crap he's gonna hear about it from the media. Kroenke and Demoff know it to, they're not dumb.

Fisher likely doesn't like it for the attention and potential distraction it'll cause, if the Rams weren't rumored to move I think he'd be pretty happy. People will connect dots, even if they don't need to.

People forget that one of the hang ups in Fisher choosing the Rams back in 2012 was the non guarantee from Kroenke that relocation would not happen. Fisher had gone through that with the Titans and did not want to go thorough that again, but still selected the Rams over the Dolphins.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I can't see how anyone could possibly believe it's a coincidence. I wouldn't even believe it a coincidence in a league half the size, much less one with 30 other teams to choose from.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
People forget that one of the hang ups in Fisher choosing the Rams back in 2012 was the non guarantee from Kroenke that relocation would not happen. Fisher had gone through that with the Titans and did not want to go thorough that again, but still selected the Rams over the Dolphins.
I don't recall there being any such guarantee. I do recall that Fish said it would not be an issue. It seems to me that the media came up with a thought process and then credited it to unnamed sources. But I could be wrong.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey guys - I'm going to lock this thread for a bit as we are trying to figure out if it is too much in kind with the Stadium thread and should be moved there. Or maybe we just let it die and anyone can respond to the story over there. We just don't want another relocation thread.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Topic locked.

We have one place to discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.