Report: Mike Singletary interviews for Rams' DC post

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ost?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Mike Singletary was one of 13 candidates the Chicago Bears didn't hire during their marathon head-coaching search. He's not ready to give up his quest to move back up the NFL personnel ladder.

Singletary -- currently the linebackers coach for the Minnesota Vikings -- met with the St. Louis Rams about their vacant defensive coordinator position, according to Jeremy Fowler of CBSSports.com.
NFL Season in Moments
Relive the most unforgettable moments of the entire NFL season with exclusive videos and articles. More...

Prior to joining the Vikings last season, Singletary spent three seasons as head coach of the San Francisco 49ers. He was fired late in 2010 and replaced by Jim Harbaugh, who's led the Niners to the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl in back-to-back years.

Singletary was a Hall of Fame linebacker with the Bears, but has never been a defensive coordinator in the NFL. His Q rating took a hit during the end of his run in San Francisco, but catching on with the Rams would certainly send his career back in the right direction.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Whoa!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
MontanaRamsFan said:
Selassie I said:
This makes me feel like dropping trou. :what:

+1 :sly:

+2 And I am sure amongst the three of us, it would be quite a sight! :omg:

He would want to crush the 49ers each & every time! Make it happen Fish!

Vault 82

Rookie
Yeah I didn't like him as a coach in SF. Probably had something to do with him being in SF though. lol

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
lol what....

First Gregg Williams, then Rex Ryan, now Samurai Mike?!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's a good fit, IMO. He's another player's coach when relegated to an assistant's role. Give that dude too much power and something in his brain switches off. Keep him as DC, and erryting gon be alright.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[nfl]0ap2000000132211[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000132211/Davis-Being-benched-by-Singletary-changed-my-whole-life" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20000 ... whole-life</a>

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
It's a good fit, IMO. He's another player's coach when relegated to an assistant's role. Give that dude too much power and something in his brain switches off. Keep him as DC, and erryting gon be alright.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmaRXYBM81k[/youtube]

Lesson

Oh, really?
I could get on board with Singletary if he's hired. I feel a little lukewarm to the idea right now, but the more I think I about it, the more I like it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I won't be worried about this unless Larry Marmie's name surfaces.

Fisher will find the right guy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
X said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmaRXYBM81k[/youtube]
Nice! The Marley Movement. That's beautiful, man.

jap

Legend
CGI_Ram said:

Singletary was the defensive QB for the dominating Bears' D. As long as he is willing to follow Fish's defensive philosophy this could easily be a win-win.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jap said:
CGI_Ram said:

Singletary was the defensive QB for the dominating Bears' D. As long as he is willing to follow Fish's defensive philosophy this could easily be a win-win.

In Ryan and Singletary; Fisher has key'd on coaches who bring the fire and intensity. I kind of like that.

Jauron, not so much on the firey side... But a solid resume.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO NO NO NO NO!
train

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I could really get behind this potential hire.
Singletary's defenses sort of got the ball rolling with what we're seeing today out of SF,except they've gathered more talent since that time.

Mike will have something to prove,and lets face it...this will be Fisher's defence no matter who takes the DC job,but IMO Jeff is looking for motivator's and experience. Singletary has HC exp,so he's qualified to take a step down and help Fisher manage that side of the ball.

I could get excited about this.

Fisher had a couple of uncharacteristic head coaching clock mgmt/judgement blunders last season...he needs someone to take the bull by the horns in terms of managing the ongoing defensive gameplan. McGuinness,Cecil and Williams weren't getting it done as a committee on gameday IMO. This is why the Rams aren't looking to promote from within.

Fuck it. Lets get this thing done! :sly:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Fish & Singletary were teammates on that '85 Bears D, were they not?