Report: Los Angeles Rams Sign WR Duke Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
There , that just made the trade possibly look a whole lot better. IF and I say IF this kid has his crap together we just added another 1st rd pick. Coming from Auburn GUARANTEED he knows how to block too.

Every player is a gamble but not every player has potential to be TRUE difference maker.

If 2 years ago you would have been told that we'd get the #1 qb in this draft, AND Duke Williams, AND Marquez North....you would have been just giddy.

Rams gave up a bunch of picks, so they are rolling the dice in a big way.

I hope they go hire some ex WR and have him live with this kid if he makes the team. NBA does it all the team.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If he's grown up as the video would suggest he could be a huge steal. But time will tell of course. Given his talent it's a risk worth taking. My guess is they signed him for very little $$ so why not.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't mind this signing at all. If he can keep clean off the field and in the locker room, he has a chance to be a borderline number one receiver.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love this signing. From the video posted earlier, he looks to have grown up quite a bit. Counseling was probably of great value to him considering his past. Sounds like he is ready to prove himself a man. Hope he is in shape!

Stony32

Fan since tickets were $5.50
That's what I thought. And now I read they've added J.J. Worton too. But they did say they Waived Ferguson!

Ferguson is not on the roster. Looks to me that his removal made room for Worton who is on the roster now. Still need room made for Duke Williams, who does not appear on the roster now.

The most recent transactions report I could find shows Ferguson cut, Worton signed and no mention of Williams:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ferguson is not on the roster. Looks to me that his removal made room for Worton who is on the roster now. Still need room made for Duke Williams, who does not appear on the roster now.

The most recent transactions report I could find shows Ferguson cut, Worton signed and no mention of Williams:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions
Thanks for the Input!!(y);)

Johnny%205.jpg

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
They released Nick Toon and Winston Rose. today. Added Duke Williams and some CB I don't know

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm rooting for the kid
We need some hungry guys at the WR position, guys that are fighting for their lives to get open and catch the damn ball
If Duke can help get us that 1st down on 3rd and 7 I'm 100% all in

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
3 year deal ?

I guess he made the team huh

http://abc3340.com/sports/auburn-university/duke-williams-signs-three-year-deal-with-la-rams

LOS ANGELES, Cal. — D'haquille Williams made a good impression on his first weekend in the NFL.

The Los Angeles Rams signed the former Auburn wide receiver to a 3-year, $1.62 million contract on Tuesday, just two days after Williams took part in the Rams rookie minicamp.

Williams was not selected in the NFL draft after his early exit from Auburn. He was dismissed from the football team in October after he was reportedly involved in nightclub fight.

Prior to the final off-the-field issue, Williams was considered among the top receiver prospects in college football. The 6-foot-2, 216 pound Williams was rated as the nation's top-ranked JUCO receiver before signing with Auburn in 2014. In his first season with the Tigers, he caught 45 passes for 730 yards and five touchdowns in 10 games.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I like Duke. Great talent. Redeemed man. I see Britt as a place holder. I could see this WR depth chart going into 2017:

Williams
Austin
Cooper
Thomas
North
Spruce

Stony32

3 year deal ?

I guess he made the team huh.

That's the same contract every rookie UDFA gets. It's the escalating rookie minimum with the team retaining rights for three years (as opposed to 4 years for drafted). Unless otherwise agreed, it is not a guaranteed 3 years.

Stony32

I like Duke. Great talent. Redeemed man. I see Britt as a place holder. I could see this WR depth chart going into 2017:

Williams
Austin
Cooper
Thomas
North
Spruce

I like it, but I'm not sure that can happen. Five current rookies and a vet would not be the active WR corp in 2016. I would say at least 2 rooks would have to go Rams PS and then still be around in 2017. If they are projected to be good enough to make the 2017 active WR corp, I think they would be offered a roster contract by another team before we get there.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I like it, but I'm not sure that can happen. Five current rookies and a vet would not be the active WR corp in 2016. I would say at least 2 rooks would have to go Rams PS and then still be around in 2017. If they are projected to be good enough to make the 2017 active WR corp, I think they would be offered a roster contract by another team before we get there.

Good point. My above scenario assumes 2 rooks on the PS and make the jump next year. They may get snagged by another team, but keep in mind the other team would have to to put them on the 53 man.

I want Stedman to come back, as well. The list I made was a dramatic possibility. I'd rather see in 2016:

Britt
Tavon
Stedman
Cooper
Thomas
Marquez

Williams and Spruce or North on the PS?

BadCompany

Rookie
I guess my concern is that if he was as contrite and as remorseful in his pre-draft interviews as he appears to be in that video, then why didn't somebody take a flyer on him? I mean, that video certainly makes it seem like he's trying desperately to turn his life around, so why wouldn't somebody use a 6th or 7th round pick on him? Or even higher?

Having said that, I'm rooting for the kid - I like feel good stories, I really do.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Good point. My above scenario assumes 2 rooks on the PS and make the jump next year. They may get snagged by another team, but keep in mind the other team would have to to put them on the 53 man.

I want Stedman to come back, as well. The list I made was a dramatic possibility. I'd rather see in 2016:

Britt
Tavon
Stedman
Cooper
Thomas
Marquez

Williams and Spruce or North on the PS?

North makes the Roster. And honestly if we took ALL rookies and Tavon could they really do much worse than last years WR group?