Report: Los Angeles Rams Sign WR Duke Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Below is the link.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/5/10/11654014/los-angeles-rams-signs-duke-williams

Report: Los Angeles Rams Sign WR Duke Williams
By 3k@3k_ on May 10, 2016, 7:56p 9

GettyImages-459726676.0.jpg

Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

The Rams have signed the troubled former Auburn WR.

 TWEET SHARE (151) PIN
From the Los Angeles Daily News' Vinny Bonsignore, the Los Angeles Rams have signed former Auburn WR Duke "D'haquille" Williams:

Follow
Vincent Bonsignore ‎@DailyNewsVinny

FYI: #Rams have signed former Auburn WR Duke Williams after his recent tryout

4:27 PM - 10 May 2016

We mentioned the news a week ago that Williams would get a tryout with the Rams heading into last weekend's rookie minicamp while highlighted the dichotomy between his talent and his off-field unreliability:

The question is if he can recapture the promise he offered in that 2014 season on the field. There's no doubt Williams had NFL ability. Big time NFL ability. But there's also no doubt he was not only holding himself back, but becoming a problem for the rest of the Auburn team and the program as a whole.

For a player who called himself a first-round talent on the field with "seventh-round character", there are no easy answers.

But for someone we tabbed more than a year ago as a credible target for the Rams, he's at least been given a shot.

And now he's been given a second one.

Williams is inarguably more talented between the sidelines than the two wideouts the Rams drafted in the 2016 NFL Draft in South Carolina WR Pharoh Cooperand Southern Miss WR Mike Thomas. That Williams went entirely undrafted tells you how significant his issues outside the field's boundaries really are.

The Rams are in the midst of Phase II of the 2016 NFL Offseason Program ending on May 22. Phase III, which runs from May 23 to June 19, includes OTAs and the optional mandatory minicamp which Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher has opted not to hold...ever.

Williams is eligible to join team activities immediately.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I can't wait for hard knocks this year. So much competition at WR. This dude has talent. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Psycho_X

Legend
I can't wait for hard knocks this year. So much competition at WR. This dude has talent. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Was thinking the exact opposite actually, be interesting how this team comes off on tv if someone like this kid decides to not grow up and causes fights or friction in the locker room.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've read that he only produced in the slot. Is that true?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Was thinking the exact opposite actually, be interesting how this team comes off on tv if someone like this kid decides to not grow up and causes fights or friction in the locker room.

I'm not worried. He can be released any time. One fuck up, he gone.

…..

Legend

Its 'game on' Psycho....friction? Fights? Intensity, competition, aggressive natured people?

You mean football>?

On TV.... In Hollywood?

Interesting indeed.

TexasRam

Legend
I predict I'll be more addicted to "Hard Knocks" then my wife is to "Real Housewives".

Bring on August 9th!

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
i'm surprised Fisher and Snead don't walk like goats with that huge load they're carrying this year between their legs. Obvious, it's all or nothing for the L.A. tryout. I like it. :boxing:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks the Raiders did win the battle for LA....err, the Rams I mean Like Kronke says, "Just Win, Baby!":redcard:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect the signings and drafting of players with questionable pasts is directly tied into the shortage of draft picks - gambles are being taken to find the talent needed to catch passes from Goff. If the Rams had their 2 seconds and a third this year, they probably would be less likely to give players with recent arrests or other red flags chances.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm not worried. He can be released any time. One freak up, he gone.

Well I did say in the other thread that I'd pay money to watch William Hayes put him in his place if he tries any of that junk he did at Auburn. So there is that possibility of happening at least.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is exciting for me. I remember watching him at auburn. He is so long and rangy, his body type reminds me of Michael Irvin. This guy could easily be the best WR on our roster in a year or two.. If his head is on straight and he learns this playbook. We may have just struck gold.

jap

Legend
. . . and the Horns continue to search for bullets for their new quick gunner . . .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Duke came outta hell...pulling for the guy...if he can get back into professional SHAPE....watch out....
IMO... more talented than Cooper & Williams...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My only question in regards to Williams, right now, is does his signing bring the Roster up to"90" or did we have tocut someone to sign him!? I ask because I thought we where at 90! Can anyone tell me!?