Report: Josh McDaniels would leave patriots for HC job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As long as the same people perform the interviews and vetting as 5 years ago, I don't put much faith in that.

Why? They were 100% focused on Fisher and did not interview anyone else with the exception of Ray Horton to comply with the Rooney Rule so nobody else was interviewed. It will change this time around, also FWI, Les Snead had not been hired so Snead will be part of the interview process as well.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm a huge Goff fan, but if I could get my hands on Garoppolo I would be tempted. Trade Goff to NE for Garoppolo, NE gets the QB to stay in there system behind Brady and we get a proven QB who I have said since draft day is a star in the making. Whoever gets Jimmy G is getting a star.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Asshole Face is my first choice. By a large margin.

That said...if John Harbaugh becomes available... he's my second choice. THEN everyone else is a distant third.

I totally agree, and will hold out hope for David Shaw after Friday's Sun Bowl game vs. North Carolina 1pmET Dec.30th

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, my rankings seem to be a bit...fluid.

The one who rises and falls and keeps messing up the rankings? Kyle Shanahan.

His system is a WCO so less for Goff to learn and he's gotten the run game working and has been a QB whisperer. All good, right? Except there have been allegations for years about entitlement, playing favorites and being a bit of an asshat. Well, who else fits that description? Oh yeah, McDaniel. Pretty sure I don't want to relive Denver's experiment.

Will Shanahan be McDaniel or will he be a tougher coach, but avoid being a plick...

I'd say this is just a disinformation campaign to help another coach, but these stories have been around about him for years.

So...yes, he has the resume. And, he's got baggage.

Which is why he's not only not first or second, but he's the guy who's the most boom or bust on my list right now.

Especially after Fisher, I worry most about Kyle Shanahan from an Organizational Behavior and Management standpoint. He doesn't have the gravitas to command the room to justify certain behaviors. If Bill Belichick came into a room and did a certain thing, almost to a player, they'd just go, "heck, it's Coach B. I may not like it, but he wins...a LOT." If Kyle Shanahan comes into the Rams locker room or team meeting room and throws down something, will it go over? Or will the players just grumble or silently stare like he's giving a UN speech in Urdu...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Damn I really hate we're in this position.

None of these "candidates" seem like an upgrade. Including Asshole Face. Are the Jeff Fisher bashers gonna give him the benefit of the doubt when the defense gets ignored?

The only one that seems decent is Matt Patricia, since he can adjust to players on defense.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I'm a huge Goff fan, but if I could get my hands on Garoppolo I would be tempted. Trade Goff to NE for Garoppolo, NE gets the QB to stay in there system behind Brady and we get a proven QB who I have said since draft day is a star in the making. Whoever gets Jimmy G is getting a star.
Proven? (y)

clinically-proven.png

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
My concerns with McDaniels are character related, just as my concerns with Kyle Shanahan are character related. Are they fit to lead a team? By all accounts in previous locations, the answer is no. Maybe they've changed. Maybe they haven't.

This is a really good article on McDaniels though, and really helped alleviate a bit of those concerns: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

Do agree that I don't want Garoppolo. To me, either he accepts Goff as his starter or we don't hire him. Simple as that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

None of these "candidates" seem like an upgrade. Including Asshole Face. Are the Jeff Fisher bashers gonna give him the benefit of the doubt when the defense gets ignored?

The only one that seems decent is Matt Patricia, since he can adjust to players on defense.

Asshole Face doesn't seem like an upgrade? Over Jeff Fisher? Asshole Face is better than Jeff Fisher in every meaningful way as a head coach, which is proven by their respective records.

I am completely shocked you're still fighting for Fisher. The team tanked this year. We had playoff aspirations at the start of the year and are now slated for a top 7 pick at the end of it (well, we would be). Fisher failed. Not just failed, he bombed. You're still fighting a war that's already over.

wmc540

Pro Bowler

I'd rather lose 45-44 than lose 10-9.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah, my rankings seem to be a bit...fluid.

The one who rises and falls and keeps messing up the rankings? Kyle Shanahan.

I believe the one advantage Kyle will have that McDaniels did not in Denver is his father who I believe if Kyle is hired will be part of the Ram organization. I also believe the time in Washington and then in Cleveland has humbled the younger Shanahan. Glowing reviews in Atlanta, that's all and with Mike Shanahan on board for advice should be the right combination.

Every candidate will have his issues, even Asshole Face & John Harbaugh if they become available, but Kyle Shanahan checks all the boxes and that is all you can go with, the issues in question could be balanced by having his father on board in some capacity which IMO can only be an asset.

Tough call, but somebody is going to have to make the hire and Kyle Shanahan has had quite a bit of experience for being so young and the entitlement IMO was in Washington many things have changed since then, but we will see how this plays out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I agree with you.
I don't think Payton will be any better because he is clueless about defense.

I don't want to end up in a situation where we are wishing Fisher was still here bu tit is just as likely that this team is still losing 5 years from now as it is that they are perennial winners.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is Garopolo following McD anywhere? He's still under contract for 2017 with the Pats when Tom Brady turns 40 years old

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with you.

I don't want to end up in a situation where we are wishing Fisher was still here bu tit is just as likely that this team is still losing 5 years from now as it is that they are perennial winners.
Fisher had little input with the defense as he's left that in the hands of Williams.
So Asshole Face hires himself a DC that he leaves alone. That DC will sure have a heck of a lot of talent to work with

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Fisher had little input with the defense as he's left that in the hands of Williams.
So Asshole Face hires himself a DC that he leaves alone. That DC will sure have a heck of a lot of talent to work with
Because he has a good record of doing that in NO??

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How is Garopolo following McD anywhere? He's still under contract for 2017 with the Pats when Tom Brady turns 40 years old

Trade same thing McD wanted to do when he got to Denver for Matt Cassel...I like JImmy Garoppolo being traded to the Bears and going back home as he attended Eastern Illinois University.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Meh. I'm sad to see him go, but I'd rather lose McD than Patricia.

Now Garoppolo - you can't have him. He's going to take over for Brady. Eventually.

Someday?

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I agree with you.

Who in their right mind would ever be wishing that Jeff Fisher was still here? Cards, Hawks, and Niners fans? Lol

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Who in their right mind would ever be wishing that Jeff Fisher was still here? Cards, Hawks, and Niners fans? Lol
Well, the same thing was said about Mike Martz after 2005... I wish he'd never been fired.