Report: Janoris Jenkins, Rams at odds over financial advisor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

Re: Report: Janoris Jenkins, Rams at odds over financial adv

Ram Quixote said:
I think the Rams were hoping to encourage Jenkins to confront his issues, as a mature adult with multiple children would. Relying on a young 20-something, who has continually behaved as if responsibility is something for later, sounds naive at the moment. Jenkins has instead chosen to skirt around his personal word and seek advice outside the Rams, which has now put him at odds with Fisher, who may or may not be adamant about who he wants as Jenkins financial advisor.

There are deep pitfalls when expectations of help are left to people who's intent is merely peripheral aid and advice, and not hands-on help, especially when one doesn't really seem to understand the concept of responsibility.

Jenkins may know how to play football, but it appears he needs tough love in his life, and not people telling him what he wants to hear.

On Fisher:

Q: Mr. Fisher, are you a social worker?
Fisher: Um, nooooo.... (head down like errant school boy)
Q: So what did we learn?
Fisher: Not to act like a social worker if I'm not one.
Q: That;s right. And what do we say?
Fisher: It was Les's idea!!!!!

On Jenkins:

He basically says there's nothing wrong with being a father and he loves his kids. He says there's no law against it.

I don't think he gets that "being a father" and "being a proactive gene donor" are not the same thing.

My bet is, his shocked and mortified agent is now teaching him that neither he nor members of his circle should run to the press when they have an issue during negotiations. ("He said WHAT?!")

I like this post on the whole topic:

wv ram

Well, who knows in what ways they actually 'care' about JJ, but financial distress can lead to stress that can affect a player's game,
plus if you dont pay child-support its a crime. It becomes a Felony after a certain amount accumulates, Etc. Plus, in a way, JJ reflects
Fisher's whole philosophy of drafting, maybe. I mean the whole world 'knew' about JJ, and Fisher pulled the trigger.

I doubt this issue will turn into a 'big deal' but it might teach us some things about JJ and Fisher and Snead, before all is said and done.

Just sounds like something 'reasonable' people could 'work out'. Ya know. Fisher says "look, you promised us you'd do this, and we 'relied' on that un-enforceable promise..." And JJ says "Yeah, but after i promised i LATER found out, this thing that bothered me about your financial person, and here's why it bothers me....". Blah, blah, blah, and they work it out, and Demoff declares Peace and Love thoughout the land.

Until the next JJ issue.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

zn said:
On Jenkins:

He basically says there's nothing wrong with being a father and he loves his kids. He says there's no law against it.

I don't think he gets that "being a father" and "being a proactive gene donor" are not the same thing.

My bet is, his shocked and mortified agent is now teaching him that neither he nor members of his circle should run to the press when they have an issue during negotiations. ("He said WHAT?!")
Now that's funny.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Ram Quixote said:
zn said:
On Jenkins:

Now that's funny.

Yeah it is, but no it's not.
There was this guy who was a mod for RRF went by the name of Cumberland Ram, was a reformed "Dude " type, had spent some "lost years" who had become a chaplain in the prison system.
We talked a lot about societal issues there and his contention was that the single greatest contributor to being an inmate was being fatherless.
That aspect of fatherhood he doesn't "get" takes the humor out of his ignorance for me.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Thordaddy said:
Ram Quixote said:
zn said:
On Jenkins:

Now that's funny.

There was this guy who was a mod for RRF went by the name of Cumberland Ram, was a reformed "Dude " type, had spent some "lost years" who had become a chaplain in the prison system.
We talked a lot about societal issues there and his contention was that the single greatest contributor to being an inmate was being fatherless.
That aspect of fatherhood he doesn't "get" takes the humor out of his ignorance for me.
I was referring to the turn of phrase, not the circumstance. Jenkins attempting to be a father to 4 (5?) children not in the same household has to be a daunting task--even with the will and the money--let alone improbable.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Ram Quixote said:
Thordaddy said:
Ram Quixote said:
zn said:
On Jenkins:

Now that's funny.

I was referring to the turn of phrase, not the circumstance. Jenkins attempting to be a father to 4 (5?) children not in the same household has to be a daunting task--even with the will and the money--let alone improbable.
Yeah it was a humorous phrase about a tragic situation that about all you can do is laugh,since moral judgement is so verboten in the "judge no lifestyle " PC environment.
Wasn't chiding anyone ,just adding to the conv.