Report: Cowboys Interested In Linehan As Playcaller

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sports Xchange
http://lindyssports.com/nfl/dallas-...ys-interested-in-linehan-as-playcaller/181879

The Dallas Cowboys are in discussion with the hiring of former Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan to be part of the team’s playcalling in 2014, according to ESPN.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Jason Garrett are trying to resolve their disagreement over who should be the team’s offensive playcaller, according to ESPN’s Ed Werder and Chris Mortensen.

Garrett gave up playcalling duties to offensive coordinator Bill Callahan last year. Linehan would serve as a compromise choice for Jones and Garrett.

Linehan was among the Lions assistants let go after head coach Jim Schwartz was fired following a 7-9 season. Under Linehan, the Lions finished sixth, third and fifth in total offense over the past three seasons. He was the offensive coordinator for the past five seasons.

Linehan reportedly interviewed with the Baltimore Ravens on Monday and is believed to be a finalist for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

If Linehan is hired by the Cowboys, he would become the third different offensive playcaller in three seasons in Dallas, following Garrett and Callahan.

At the Senior Bowl this week in Mobile, Ala., Jones said Callahan and defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin would both return following a third consecutive 8-8 season in which the Cowboys failed in the final week to win the NFC East.

Linehan was previously head coach of the St. Louis Rams, where he went 11-25 from 2006 to 2008 before being fired. Linehan has also been offensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins and the Minnesota Vikings.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's not HC material but he's a decent OC for what I hear. I just remember Torry yelling at him and dark ages continued... :(

Honestly, im still bitter about letting Martz go for that guy so it's another reason for me to not like Dallas.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
He's not HC material but he's a decent OC for what I hear. I just remember Torry yelling at him and dark ages continued... :(

Honestly, im still bitter about letting Martz go for that guy so it's another reason for me to not like Dallas.
Torry yelling him was the beginning of the dark ages. Using the historical allegory, the Rams are just now reaching the Renaissance-that was a very long dark ages

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Amazing, Romo was so out of control the HC threw him under the bus for audibles that cost a game and now they want to hire an OC who is gutless in the face of players:rolleyes::heh:

iced

linehan sucks as a play caller... in fact the offense even got better in '06 when olson took over for linehan... red zone, yards, td percentage, etc.

A55VA6

Legend
Linehan... don't even get me started. His HC stint made me hate this guy no mater what. Cowboys won't gain much.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Didn't Bulger role his eyes at him as well?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They need a strict disciplinarian.

jap

Legend
If Linny is gonna be involved, the Cowboys TE count should be at least six guys. :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I had some sympathy for Linehan when he was here, he was hired into a terrible situation,those players were sure to eventually compare most anyone to Martz and unfavorably.
This year I saw him kissing Staffords arse right after a BONE HEADED int. I mean he was flat gushing at the guy, no wonder the guy makes so many ill advised throws ,just a wimp and he'll have no control over Romo