Remember when we had a guy playing with a broken leg?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With that being said it is these guys job just like you and I , and we dont get a week off when we're dinged up .

Well, actually most jobs do have sick time, or a paid time off component that can be used for sickness or being dinged up. Just a couple of weeks ago I called in to work for a day because I had an injured leg that was hurting so much the only way I could sleep was massive pain killers - which would leave me incapable of doing my job anyway. If it had been more serious, I could easily have taken a week off, if that were necessary to heal it enough so I could function. I suspect most of us have enough leeway at work to do that, if it is actually necessary. It might require doctor's documentation - but you know what - I'm sure Quinn has that.

And you can be very certain that if I were injured on the job, and the doctor told me I would heal faster if I didn't go in to work for a week, I would be resting at home, getting paid for it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How did Quinn get hurt? His knee now his hip?

Once you injure one part of your body, the rest tries to compensate and other injuries can follow. For example; if you injure your hip, your back may go out as well because of the way you're walking.

Don't agree with Quinn's need to be on the field right now with the team in the condition it's in but here's a couple of articles on Jack Youngblood. Btw if any of you missed the ROD interview with JY, click the link below.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/forums/q-a-with-jack-youngblood.50/
http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/...ck-youngbloods-broken-leg-playoff-performance

Jack Youngblood's Broken Leg Playoff Performance
gvfbktbt6xriqmtqe0nr.jpg

Date: 1979
Game: 1979 NFL Playoffs, Rams at Cowboys (Divisional), Rams @ Buccaneers (Championship), Rams @ Steelers (Super Bowl)
Watch it here

If there was any NFL player to play through an entire playoffs on a broken leg, it was always going to be Jack Youngblood. Football's original Ironman played 201 consecutive games across 14 seasons. In 1979, he broke his fibula in a Divisional match-up against the Cowboys, an injury that would knock any sane and non-masochistic person out for the season.

But no, Youngblood threw a plastic cast over his leg, played in the NFC Championship a week later, and the Super Bowl a week after that. We have a feeling that his frightening last name has something to do with his mental numbness towards pain.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-thinks-players-should-play-through-injuries/

Jack Youngblood thinks players should play through injuries
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 15, 2013

jackyoungblood.jpg
Getty Images

Jack Youngblood, the Hall of Fame defensive end for the Rams who famously played in the Super Bowl with a fractured fibula, thinks today’s players are getting soft.

Asked by the New York Post what he would say to Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who is nursing back and shoulder injuries, Youngblood answered, “Go play. It’s not about you. It’s about your football team.”

When Youngblood was asked if he would understand why Pierre-Paul might want to sit out and let himself get healthy, he said he couldn’t grasp that.

“No,” Youngblood said. “I would not understand, because I’d want to see him go try.”

Youngblood believes teammates should pressure each other to play through injuries.

“If I was on his team, I’d try to convince him to look at it from my perspective, because we would be on equal ground,” Youngblood said. “I want him on the field at 75 percent to see if he can play.”

The culture of football has changed since 1980, when Youngblood was universally praised for playing through a broken leg in Super Bowl XIV. Youngblood later wrote an autobiography that he titled, Because It Was Sunday, using his standard answer to the question of why he played with a broken leg. Now a lot of people would say Youngblood is crazy, including many players who have come to decide that their long-term health is more important than Sunday’s game.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Youngblood is right players in today's game are soft and coddled WAY too much.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Times change. 70 years ago, college aged kids were storming the beaches of Normandy. Today, they are getting trauma counseling for being exposed to images of the Confederate flag on a computer screen. Some of it is teams looking out for their assets. Some of it is players looking out for their careers. Old school players played in an era when the love of the game overshadowed any litigious entities. Different times, different hearts.