Remember when we had a guy playing with a broken leg?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Who determines the difference between an injury and being hurt. Who has the heart to step up and play when the chips are down?

I hate not knowing what is really going on and only getting what they what they want to feed us.

How did Quinn get hurt? His knee now his hip? Is he a cornerstone piece going forward for the Rams or is he one of those guys?? Love the guy on the field but he just hasn't been there enough this year for me and he came up with this mystery injury during a bye week.

He doesn't seem to be fighting to get on the field from my perspective.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Pain tolerance is such an individual issue, some are simply more capable of tolerating it than others. Also, i dont think we can compare dissimilar injuries. But the bottom line you've already addressed, we really have no idea what injury, or the severity of the injury, with which RQ is dealing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MISSING QUINN

Although he’s listed as questionable with a hip/back injury, Rams defensive end Robert Quinn didn’t practice all week and it will be very surprising if he plays against the Bengals. The biggest issue among a series of injuries for Quinn is a back injury; in fact, it’s reaching the point where the Rams may consider shutting him down for the season. Although far from non-existent without him, the Rams’ pass rush simply doesn’t pack as much punch. Quinn hasn’t been the same since the Green Bay game Oct. 11.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_fce914ae-d580-53bc-8b3d-d283822bd29b.html

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not a great post to make here in the 21st century about how you don't feel like players are doing enough to destroy their bodies and throw themselves into an early grave for the betterment of your viewing experience.

Also it's a back injury and that's been readily available information almost all week?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in the case of jack youngblood, he was playing for a chance at the super bowl as well. robert quinn is not playing probably because he isnt playing for a chance at the super bowl.

iced

2 words: Liability and lawsuits.

Can't compare the pre-90's to the current year

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some guys play hurt and some don't . I'll leave it at that before I get in trouble

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Some guys play hurt and some don't . I'll leave it at that before I get in trouble
JUst like some injuries are worse than others.

I won't down talk Quinn for not wanting to give himself a bad back for the rest of his life just to play a game that will pass him by by 30+ anyways.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JUst like some injuries are worse than others.

I won't down talk Quinn for not wanting to give himself a bad back for the rest of his life just to play a game that will pass him by by 30+ anyways.
I didn't say a word about Quinn . With that being said it is these guys job just like you and I , and we dont get a week off when we're dinged up .

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I didn't say a word about Quinn . With that being said it is these guys job just like you and I , and we dont get a week off when we're dinged up .
Because I don't know about you, but my work doesn't involve running into fast 300 pound men, and nor will I become incapable of doing my job by age 30. So I imagine the stakes are little different.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
seriously?? make your pro bowl DE play through injury that could possibly make injury worse? you're judging his willingness to play?? a 4-7 record with an offense that can't convert a 3rd down to save their life is worth his further injury? hoping you're drunk.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because I don't know about you, but my work doesn't involve running into fast 300 pound men, and nor will I become incapable of doing my job by age 30. So I imagine the stakes are little different.
So is the money .

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Quinn has been remarkably durable until this point. Given that all players are nursing various knicks and wounds throughout the year, if he is sitting out now, I am assuming it is for good reason.

The season is a lost cause anyway. It's not like we are going to the playoffs. If we were in the hunt it would be a different story. But since we're toast.... from a football standpoint, why even risk making something a nagging problem? If you play through it and never let it heal properly it will only serve to hinder you for the rest of your career. Then there is also the personal side of things. Life after football is a big consideration given that almost all these guys will be retired before 40. Again, why risk it?

Quinn is a Pro Bowl level veteran in his prime. His absence isn't a huge deal. The injuries to Brown and Havenstein are more frustrating. You don't want your young guys missing NFL experience due to injury. Even if the game is "meaningless", every snap counts for developmental purposes.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not implying anything, it has been one thing after another for nearly 2 months now.

He is just one of the WAY TOO MANY injuries AGAIN that this team is suffering. I expect to see a few but every year, year after year, this franchise has more than usual. And to say it isn't worth playing through an injury for a franchise that hasn't had a winning season in a decade is accepting mediocrity. Should they be giving their body for the game, you're damn right. They choose to play and get paid to do just that. Nearly $70 million dollars in Quinn's case. More than any "normal" human can make in 5 life times.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're not playing for anything. No reason to risk Quinn's long-term health so we can go 7-9 instead of 6-10.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're not playing for anything. No reason to risk Quinn's long-term health so we can go 7-9 instead of 6-10.
What about when we were 4-3?