Remember when I said I don't actually "hate" another team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I changed my mind. I FUCKIN HATE the Seattle seacraps and everything about that organization.

You know why, well...you know those banners on the walls of stadiums that usually have some corny twist on their name like "Cortland's Corner" or whatever? Well, I was watching those best of wired specials and I caught in Seattle's stadium a banner that says "Lynch mob." That is fuckin disgraceful and beyond poor taste. Fuck them for using a dark period in U.S. history for football. The saddest thing is most of these banners in all stadiums usually promote some charity thing, but Lynch mob? Seriously can they stoop any lower?

Am I overreacting here?

Either way, I fuckin hate them. I will never "go" for them, even if they play New England. FUCK THEM.

nittany ram

Rookie
Re: Remember when I said I don't actually "hate" another tea

I hate them more than any other team too but for me it's all about Pete Carroll.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I like you when you're Angry.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

I definitely hate teams. I hate the 49ers, I hate the Seahawks, I hate the patriots. I probably other teams but those three teams fill me with such disdain that I can't think of any others.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I hate one team, and that is Notre Dame. here has just been too many years of putting up with their fanbase on a personal level, and the false arrogance that so many of them have.

Otherwise if I hate on a team it is due to their coach or a certain player. Like Pete Carroll and Golden Taint. Or Bellicheck and Brady.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

So "Lynch mob" isn't a big deal? I really am making something out of nothing?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Angry Ram said:
Of course it's tactless.

But ... consider the source.

Vault 82

Rookie

Seahawks are FAIL. Garbage. The worst.

nighttrain

Legend

as an old LA Rams fan, the Whiners are the worst, then the Cheatriots..Hags are a close 3rd though..
train

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

nittany ram said:
I hate them more than any other team too but for me it's all about Pete Carroll.

Me too; but it goes back further too... Hasselbeck, etc.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler

There are so many levels to my 49er hatred. Outside of the rivalry I have always found their fans to just be the most arrogant bunch. They never think any team is good enough to play them even let alone beat them. Everyone is lucky and/or just fortunate to have "tied" them let alone defeated their team. They never give any other team credit for being good or having a good scheme.

The Seahawks get special consideration for refusing to dress in either good taste or colors that don't render you blind.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

Go forward and hate your fellow teams save the Rams. Turn your heart black with despise. They are all evil.
The Seahags and NE Parrots swim in bile and feces.
But.
When I think of the Whiners these words come to mind : ..To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.”

nittany ram

Rookie

Angry Ram said:

I can see why you think it's offensive but to me it isn't a huge deal. I find the term "Redskins" much more offensive and its officially sanctioned by the NFL for chrissakes.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler

Yes I really, really wish they would change the Redskins name...its something the league could do without.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

jimitroutboy said:
Yes I really, really wish they would change the Redskins name...its something the league could do without.

I am not native American. But I don't even remotely associate the Washington Redskins with anything other than a football team name.

I don't understand why there is a need to change anything... Especially as long at this guy is their coach. The name is fitting!

Mike-Shanahan-123008.jpg

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler

I find it extremely offensive but......from wiki

See also: Washington Redskins mascot controversy and Redskin
Some consider the namesake and logo of the Washington Redskins insensitive towards American Indians.[58] There have been movements by certain groups to change the name,[59] but the attempts have been unsuccessful. Others make the case in defense that the Redskins name is intended to honor the bravery and dignity of American Indians and that, regardless of past usage, the word redskins today refers to the football team. Notwithstanding the protests of activists, a 2002 poll commissioned by Sports Illustrated found that 75% of those American Indians surveyed had no objection to the Redskins name.[60] The results of the poll have been criticized by American Indian activists due to Sports Illustrated's refusal to provide polling information (i.e. how participants were recruited and contacted, if they were concentrated in one region, if one ethnic group is over represented and the exact wording and order of questions).[61][62] But in 2004, a poll by the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania essentially confirmed the prior poll's findings, concluding that 91% of the American Indians surveyed in the 48 states on the mainland USA found the name acceptable and setting out in detail the exact wording of the questions.[63]

In 1992, a group of American Indians led by Suzan Harjo filed Harjo et al v. Pro Football, Inc. to have the United States trademarks associated with the Redskins name cancelled under statutes which prevent registration of disparaging terms. The Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in 1999 ruled in favor of the petition and cancelled the trademarks. Following appeals, in 2005 the D.C. Court of Appeals in Pro-Football, Inc. v. Harjo reversed the cancellation, ruling that there was insufficient evidence to support the finding of disparagement and holding that the majority of the petitioners were barred by laches from maintaining the suit.[64] Had the cancellation of the trademark been successful, the team could have still used the name, and it still would have had enforceable trademark rights under state and local law. It would thus have been able to prevent others from using its marks on promotional goods, such as jackets and caps. It would, however, have lost various benefits of federal trademark registration, such as the ability to enlist the aid of the U.S. Customs Service to seize infringing imports at the border. On May 15, 2009, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit affirmed an earlier ruling that the American Indians had waited too long to challenge the trademark. The trademark was registered in 1967. American Indians successfully convinced the court to reconsider based on the fact that one of the plaintiffs, Mateo Romero, was only 1 year old in 1967 and turned 18 in 1984. The court decision affirmed that, even accepting the 1984 date, the American Indians had still waited too long for the 1992 challenge.[65] In November 2009, in Harjo v. Pro-Football, Inc., Case No. 08-327, the U.S. Supreme Court declined certiorari and refused to hear the Indian group's appeal.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nittany ram said:
Angry Ram said:

I can see why you think it's offensive but to me it isn't a huge deal. I find the term "Redskins" much more offensive and its officially sanctioned by the NFL for chrissakes.

Really? Redskins I don't think is offensive, b/c they are using it for positive purposes. Naming a pro team after a group of people is pretty cool. My high school name was and still is the Redskins.

Lynch mob tho...a group of people going out looking for people to hang just b/c of skin color? That's disgusting.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

CGI_Ram said:
jimitroutboy said:

I am not native American. But I don't even remotely associate the Washington Redskins with anything other than a football team name.

I don't understand why there is a need to change anything... Especially as long at this guy is their coach. The name is fitting!

Mike-Shanahan-123008.jpg

That. Then again, I am not Native American.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

X said:
Angry Ram said:
Of course it's tactless.

Ha! Right?! Get a load of this douche nozzle...
57yCs.jpg

Who the hell walks around in their own corny ass shirt? Definitely worse than being "that guy" that wears the shirt of the band to the concert.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Warner4Prez said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:
Of course it's tactless.

Ha! Right?! Get a load of this douche nozzle...
57yCs.jpg

Who the hell walks around in their own corny ass shirt? Definitely worse than being "that guy" that wears the shirt of the band to the concert.

Which one?