Remember John Greco? He got a 5 year extension.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
Lesson setting the record straight:
Nope. It was Loney. Boudreau was fired the year before he was drafted.

Thanks!

Well Loney sucked that's for sure. Maybe your explanation is spot on Dr Ram but I have trouble believing that's the whole story. How is it that in practice no one could tell who was looking better?

Possibly he was a game day player and never looked good in practice. When we traded him the Browns had nothing better and given the chance to show in real games what he could do he shined. Thus earning his multi-year extension.
I don't know the whole story, which was part of my disagreement with Softli, but I do know that I watched every snap in stop or slow motion that he played. Now not everyone sees the same thing, or watches in that detail, but that was my opinion of him. Last preseason a lot of people said that they thought Smith was playing better, but I predicted that he'd be cut before the season. I based my opinion on my eyeballs, and the study that I did.

Heck, last year I never could understand why C. Dahl played over Stewart. We don't know the whole story, but coaches have bias, whether they want to or not.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM making some good points:
I don't know the whole story, which was part of my disagreement with Softli, but I do know that I watched every snap in stop or slow motion that he played. Now not everyone sees the same thing, or watches in that detail, but that was my opinion of him. Last preseason a lot of people said that they thought Smith was playing better, but I predicted that he'd be cut before the season. I based my opinion on my eyeballs, and the study that I did.

Heck, last year I never could understand why C. Dahl played over Stewart. We don't know the whole story, but coaches have bias, whether they want to or not.

Softli probably saw a lot more of him in practice and had a lot more access to what the coaches thought of him off the record than us fans. But... I certainly would take the word of someone who eyeballed every play over someone like Softli who undoubtedly didn't.

But then again I'm a little biased here because I don't like Softli very much at all.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
DR RAM making some good points:

Softli probably saw a lot more of him in practice and had a lot more access to what the coaches thought of him off the record than us fans. But... I certainly would take the word of someone who eyeballed every play over someone like [hilite]Softli who undoubtedly didn't.[/hilite]

But then again I'm a little biased here because I don't like Softli very much at all.

It's very tedious and takes a lot of time, so I don't blame him at all. Offensive line is the hardest position to break down on tape, because you have to watch every snap several times for EACH player, from the first step to the whistle. Rinse repeat. So much more than that, but...

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I figured it was very time consuming and that's why I doubted Softli did it.

The reason I don't like Softli very much is because his analysis of players and situations is so frequently flawed and rarely in depth IMO. I also think he's a bandwagoner.