REMEMBER!! And NEVER Forget!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Today is "December 7th!" "Pearl Harbor Day!" As they used to call it! A day that always has and always will bring back Sad Feeling!! God Bless all that perished that Day, and they Years that Followed in WWII!!
My Father and 4 Uncles served in the Army and Marine Corps in WWII, and I always remember them on this day!!
Side-view-of-USS-Arizona-Memorial.jpg

The Arizona Memorial.
USS-Missouri-Arizona-Memorial.jpg

The Missouri- Arizona Memorial.
Arizona_Memorial.jpg

arizona_memorial_pearl_harbor.jpg

Map.png

_the_night_.jpg

As a personal side note, I was also Honorably Discharged from the USMC on Dec.7th! 1967!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ah yes....My dad served in Korea...

Gotta bless & thank all the men & women that served in times like these...

Great post Dave!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Today is "December 7th!" "Pearl Harbor Day!" As they used to call it! A day that always has and always will bring back Sad Feeling!! God Bless all that perished that Day, and they Years that Followed in WWII!!
My Father and 4 Uncles served in the Army and Marine Corps in WWII, and I always remember them on this day!!
View attachment 17936
The Arizona Memorial.
View attachment 17937
The Missouri- Arizona Memorial.
View attachment 17938
View attachment 17940
View attachment 17941

View attachment 17939
As a personal side note, I was also Honorably Discharged from the USMC on Dec.7th! 1967!

Great Thread/Post Dave!

I grew up in Pearl City, Hawaii. Pearl Harbor basically connects to Pearl City. I used to go to the Memorial all of the time... Back then (1970s), I could still see oil rising up from the Arizona. It made a lasting impression on me. I can still picture everything in my mind like I was standing there right now. December 7th is one of those dates that I know and remember almost like my date of birth.

I read a story this week about one of the survivors from the Arizona who passed away this year. He was 98 years old. His twin brother was on the ship with him when it was attacked and he was killed while trying to shoot down the Japanese planes. The surviving twin had always wanted to be reunited with his brother.... so his family took his ashes back out to Pearl Harbor today, and they are putting his ashes (with a driver's help I assume) inside of the gun turret that his brother was firing when he was killed. So awesome!